Code of Conduct

Thread: Hong Kong

Default Hong Kong

Can anyone suggest interesting shops in Hong Kong, especially ones that stock the more niche fragrances like MPG, L'Artisan & Diptyque?
    Thanks

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Default Re: Hong Kong

try JOYCE for l'artisan, diptyque, some creeds and keiko mercheri. The TST branch also has some comme de garcon. no MPG in hk as far as i know. good luck!

AZTEC

Just wanted to add that there's now a Guerilla Comme des Garçons at Chai Wan till May '06.

Here is a little niche perfume shopping guide in HK:

Joyce Boutique (a chain store which sells designer clothing and cosmetics)
    - 18 Queen's Rd. Central, Central
    - Shop G106, Gateway, Canton Rd., Tsim Sha Tsui
    - Times Square, Causeway Bay
    - Festival Walk
    Only these 4 locations sell cosmetics and perfume.
    They carry the following brands:
    Annick Goutal
    L’Artisan (selected items)
    COMME des GARÇONS (selected items)
    Creed (most of the commercial ones)
    Diptyque
    Antonia’s Flowers
    Keiko Mecheri

Harvey Nichols
    Serge Lutens (export line)
    Guerlain (the exclusives)

Dries Van Noten
    Shop 232 The landmark Central
    Frederic Malle

Lane Crawford
    Clive Christian
    Bond No. 9
    Les Parfums de Rosine
    Clean
    Houbigant
    PATYKA
    Etro
    Creed
    Caron
    The Different Company
    Miller Harris
    Thierry Mugler Mirror Collection
    Diptyque
    Last edited by Coconut; 26th May 2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: New Brands

Default where to buy more mainstream frags in hk

going there for the first time next week. looking to buy guerlains and hermes, perhaps aramis. would the hk airport/ duty free be more than adequate?

Default Re: where to buy more mainstream frags in hk

You can pick up an okay selection of best selling Hermes / Guerlain at Airport Duty Free (price will be same as in town) but GF Harvey Nichols in Central Guerlain counter is the only place carrying a more or less full range of Guerlain and the nearby Hermes (just round the corner on Icehouse Street) has a more complete Hermes range + theHermessences line.

Are there any places i should be looking out for if i'm searching for discontinued/hard to find frags? I will be going there in July.

I came across a funky 'Pharmacy / Perfumery' called Goodyear Perfumery at 14 Cameron Rd. (MTR Tsim Sha Tsui stop, Cameron Rd. exit) that had a few that might interest a collector (Parrure, some Patou but not the 'name' ones). Tsim Sha Tsui has been a 'tourist belt' since the 60s and this place pre-dates the chains - looks like they stocked up late 70s early 80s. Helpful and open to a 'package price' if you pick up 2 or 3 items. They also have a branch in Macau but less interesting.

The 2007 HK thread next door is still pretty current, BTW. Fixed prices at LC stores but you may be able to get 10% discount (or a lot of samples) if you spend about USD 120+. This seems to be the case at Harvey Nicols store.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 2nd May 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Wow, thanks for the info!
    looking forward to more updates from you

Lane Crawford carries Costume National, Fresh (I think) too. Did not see any Creeds while I was there though.
    Guerlain Cologne du 68 is available over at the Guerlain counter too.

was Spiritueuse Double Vanille availbe at the Guerlain Boutique?

Yes it is.

excellent. I'll be sure to give it a try when I visit HK.

Coconut's excellent guide above is still pretty current but just thought I would drop in a few updates.

Firstly - Joyce & Lane Crawford seem to swap/share some lines, Creed being one but only an edited (less kind sould might even say pathetic) selection of Creeds.
    Amouage is available at LC IFC & Pacific Place at the best prices in the world but not the Attars.
    Frederic Malle is now available at the main Joyce store on Queen's Rd, Central and is still at Dries van Noten on 2 Fl. of The Landmark.
    Chanel in IFC now has the 'dip-stick' samplers counter and carries Les Exclusifs and a couple of Parfums.
    Frowned Upon discovered a store called Kapok in Sun Street (near Pacific Place 3 / Star Street) which carries Heeley, Lostmarc'h & Dr. Vranjes and a few other below the radar lines.
    The Lutens export line is still available st Shiseido counters in Harvey Nicks, PP and Festival Walk.
    Etro Boutiques in IFC & Lee Garden carry a few of their line.
    Best spot for the full CdG line is CdG store now in Icehouse St., Central (+ some IT stores).
    The only Sephora (in Mongkok) closed down at Easter - let's see if they re-open elsewhere.
    IMO if you are after designer the numerous Sasa & Bonjours stores on every corner will cover you and Fanda seem to always have a few interesting ones.

Update May 2010:

Maison Francis Kurkdjian line is available at Joyce Queen's Road, Central and Gateway Store, Canton Road TST.

Update June 2010:

Coconut just let me know that the Histoires de Parfums line has been launched in IT Causeway Bay & Peddar Street stores. An edited line of 12 or so in total including the 'historicals' in both 120ml & 14ml. Interesting because a few months ago I read in an interview they were looking to Lane Crawford for distribution - guess that fell thru, then.

If you are after the 4 x Dior Exclusives (Cologne Blanche etc.) they can be found in the rather big Dior Flagship in the Landmark, Central, right next door to Harvey Nicks.

Tom Ford has opened a stand-alone boutique on Level 2 of IFC carrying pretty mcuh the full line of his fragrances.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 10th June 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updates

Thanks mr.Reasonable for your useful comment. I will be in Hongkong for a few days in June. Your comment will help me so much in finding Amouage, Rosine, CdG...

Default I live in Hong Kong FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Someone please tell me where I can get

1. Animale Animale

or whatever gourmand-ish scent, in Hong Kong. Seriously. I look at Amazon - Animale Animale is 20 bucks! Then I find NOTHING about Animale Animale in Hong Kong. DAMMIT, I JUST WANT TO SMELL LIKE CHOCOLATE.

(Mods please don't move this to the Hong Kong section. There's like no one reading there. There are a grand total of 3 threads there...)
    Last edited by hongkongguy; 8th June 2010 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: I live in Hong Kong FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

As I know, many perfumes at Amazon can be shipped internationally.

why not place an order on Amazon?
    it'd save lots of time and keep you out of frustration.

All of the shipping fees are around 25 USD for the item...that's quite a lot, especially when the cologne itself is under 20 USD! It's hard to find one with a high seller rating, as well as a reasonable shipping price.
    Last edited by hongkongguy; 8th June 2010 at 10:11 AM.

i'd be very happy with what is available in hong kong. aren't there tons of stores that sell perfume on nathan road? i know they mostly offer the same thing over and over but i've been able to buy some gems from the ones near holiday inn towards the end. wasn't looking for animale though so i have no idea of availability.

Many members here, including me, live in places where we don't have immediate access to all fragrances. That's too bad for all of us, and we have to put up with shipping costs when we order. Such is life.

Try this:

http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-1381

16,93$

+14,99$ shipping

Anyway you should be able to get Thierry Mugler - A*Men in Hong Kong no prob.

Have you tried the other fragrances that consider in gourmand category? AMen, Rochas Men, Dior Homme
    Boreno 1834 by Serge Lutens has a distinguished cocoa note in it but in different category that may not be something you were looking for, but hey, worth a try anyways.

or go the other road and get one of those chocolate scents from Demeter.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Try this:

16,93$

+14,99$ shipping
    That's one pretty good option

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Try this:

16,93$

+14,99$ shipping
    Where'd you get the 14.99 from...? I appreciate it, but my parents probably won't let me order from there. I'm still a teenager...the farthest they'll go, I think, is Amazon.com

Anyone CX827 my Cathay bro, where else do you go for colognes? I know about Angel Cosmetics, Bonjour, Sasa, and FANDA. Anything else? Seriously, I trawl those websites everyday...

Are you familiar with the brand - Demeter ?
    They have some fun scent like Hershey chocolate fragrance you might interested in.
    It's available at Harvey Nichols under HK$200 for 30ml

Facesss Harbour City pretty much cover up with all the designers fragrance.
    If you wanna experience some from those independent houses, Coconut and Mr. Reasonable have listed the locations in the shopping guide that you'd easily find them within walking distant in Central.
    So have fun!

Isn't Strawberrynet based in Hong Kong?

Hi,you could buy Animale Animale from FragranceX, the price is $26.52 for 100 ml and they ship for free anywhere in the world.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Yup. Go with FragranceX. It may take 2-3 weeks but their packaging is rock solid!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 8th June 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    Hi,you could buy Animale Animale from FragranceX, the price is $26.52 for 100 ml and they ship for free anywhere in the world.
    From: http://www.fragrancex.com/customerse...erservice.html

Worldwide Standard Shipping (We ship to 220 countries, see details)
    Ships via USPS International Express for $14.95 + $0.99 per item

Strawberrynet (strawberrynet.com) are based in China. Would be a good place to start. I'd suggest trying Rochas Man, Dior Homme and A*Men for other 'chocolately' scents too.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    fragrancex.com has free shipping. Just use coupon code FREE (at checkout) and you'll not pay for shipping.

It's amazing how the original men's chocolate scent - Animale Animale - goes so cheap nowadays.
    Though I'd rate A*Men ahead of it, I still think it the most masculine of the chocolate scents, I'd rather wear it than Rochas Homme.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    fragrancex.com has free shipping. Just use coupon code FREE (at checkout) and you'll not pay for shipping.
    Thanks for the info. * Start browsing the site *

Awesome! Thanks for the link! Is FragranceX quick and safe?

Last edited by mr. reasonable; 10th June 2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongguy View Post
    (Mods please don't move this to the Hong Kong section. There's like no one reading there. There are a grand total of 3 threads there...)
    Not any more.

Seemingly as a result of your thread title and your side-swipe at the HK section someone has made an executive decision to collapse the two threads dealing, respectively, with where to find niche and mainstream fragrances in HK into one with your own quest to find a specific scent.

I have requested the mods to undo this action in the hope that visitors to HK can be spared wading thru three completely different threads that have now been merged into one convoluted mess.

A suggestion - next time you are looking for something you might consider titling the thread along the lines of 'Looking for XXX' and avoid criticising waht was up until now a very simple section to find responses to questions about HK.