Code of Conduct

Default Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Florence Parfumerie
    42 Notre Dame
    Quebec QC
    www.iflorence.com
    (in the Place Royale, in front of the giant mural)

About a third or a half of the store is devoted to Parfums de Nicolai. The rest of the space seems to be devoted to home fragrance. I did not spot any competing personal fragrances in the store.

You could sample anything. I picked up a 50 ml New York for C$49.99. Personally I did not find this to be an unreasonable price for niche, and there is no place in South New Jersey I could try it so I didn't mind.

My fiancee picked up some of the oils you put on your lightbulb for about C$8.00 but I do not know if they were Parfums de Nicolai.

The saleslady was not pushy in anyway, and even pointed out the most popular fragrances. She stated Carre d'As was the most popular. Nevertheless, both my fiancee and I picked out New York as the winner. I personally liked Cologne Nature, but my fiancee nixed it. :/

There was a lot of space in the store, and I'm not sure how long the store will last. (there was a lot of open store space... it was nice but I'm not sure how economically feasible it will be. I am sure rent in the Place Royale is expensive). I recommend going while it is around!

A bientôt,
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

francois

Default Re: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Hi Kerr!
    Thanks for discovering this place, I didn't even know about it!
    :-)

A few other places in Quebec City:

Parfumerie Paris, on Rue Maguire in Sillery
    Parfumerie du Faubourg, on Rue du Campanile in Ste-Foy
    Parfumerie Germain-des-Prés, on Ave Germain-des-Prés in Ste-Foy
    Parfumerie Jolicoeur, on Rue Buade in old Quebec

Holt Renfrew and Les Ailes de la Mode, in Place Ste-Foy

I'm updating this post after my short visit to Québec City last week. Florence Parfumerie disappeared, unfortunately. I don't think there's any place where we can get the Nicolaïs in Québec anymore... Parfumerie Jolicœur was closed when I went by, but it's apparently moving right now, I don't know where it'll relocate.

One *great* place I visited was Esprit Nouveau (www.espritnouveau.ca): 1170A, avenue Cartier, G1R 2S7 - phone: 1 866 982-2220. They're also on Facebook. They only have three houses right now: L'Artisan, Penhaligon's (the only place in the province that has them I think), and the Montreal-based Monsillage. But the SA (maybe he's the owner?) was extremely nice, really knowledgeable about niche fragrance, and very generous with samples. They had testers of discontinued L'Artisans (Ananas Fizz and Vanilia). I'm hoping they'll be able to expand their offer but in the meantime I'm definitely going back next time I'm there!

Thank you so much for the update Alnysie. I'll certainly check them out next time next time I go.

I just came back from Esprit Nouveau with a few samples in hand. Alnysie was point on with her description of the shop. Just awesome.

They don't carry much of the Penthaligon's shaving products tho, mostly Fragrances.