Code of Conduct

Default Parfums des Beaux Arts Gingembre

This one starts out with GINGER! It is not subtle, although if you pay attention you can smell some other spices just beneath the surface. I'm sorry to say that I'm not good enough to pick out specific scents unless they're quite obious, and the initial ginger certainly is. There is a general warmness as it starts to dry down and a black pepper note takes over for a bit. At this stage, Gingembre smell like the much less expensive(!) Piper Nigrum, one of my favorites. The scent stays very close to the skin, never projecting much, but I could always tell it was there. I can still smell it 10 hours later, so i guess that this would qualify it as a long lasting scent. I really enjoyed this, but it didn't develop and change like Cimabue. Plus, for much of the day this smelled very much like Piper Nigrum, which is half the price. I suspect that a finer tuned nose would be able to enjoy this more. Both scents that I've tried so far are very complex and completely unlike the store bought, designer fragrences you usually see.

Isaac

Default Re: Parfums des Beaux Arts Gingembre

OK, the following day I tried Piper Nigrum again just to make sure that I wasn't forgetting something. While I stand by my original thought that Gingembre and PN have a similar smell, I do want to add that Gingembre stays much more complex on me for linger. PN flattens out to a slightly sweet pepper while Gingembre has a mix including pepper, but the ginger and other spices are still there. After retrying the PN, I might go ahead and buy the Gingembre, it lasts and lasts and is different enough for me to want it:-)

Isaac