Code of Conduct

Default Need Tuberose recs, PLEASE!

I have Fracas, Blonde, Mahora and La Chasse but I have a real love for tuberose scents and would like a couple more. Could anyone suggest some others...NOT NICHE though, I really don't have a big budget this month for an expensive perfume. Thank you for any suggestions! Allie

Default Re: Need Tuberose recs, PLEASE!

I like tuberose based scents on other people, and I cannot wear many of them myself, as they require special mood and compliance, IMO. Sometimes there seems to be a confusion between tuberose and gardenia while describing the notes although they are two different plants with two different odors. I think I know why: intoxication is the name of the game!

While liking Fracas and Blonde, I do not think I am ready for them yet and recently I had to pass on one of the greatest deals available on Fracas. Here's what I would recommend you start with:
    -- Michael Kors Michael -- bright, green, sweet, a little stuffy, patchwork of tuberose-gardenia-honeysuckle;
    -- JPG Fragile -- you would love it! First it is dewy and dripping with nectar, mellows down to tender fruity, joyful and... fragile. Moodlifter. Original packaging;
    -- Carolina Herrera -- with golden polka dots. Combined with jasmine, tropical, dries down to arid and clean, not soapy. Loved to hate it, learned to tolerate, accept and even crave it. Decants available for asking.

Not personally familiar with SL Touberose Criminelle, FM Carnal Flower and Jo Malone, and I do not even know if I want to dive that deep! ;D Well, and these three are not designer fragrances, so...

Thank you Timberwolf! I looked on the directory, but alot were either discontinued or floral blends.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Loved to hate it, learned to tolerate, accept and even crave it.
    Ah, Timberwolf, ever lyrical.

On my list of scents to try is this bargain-priced scent produced by Crabtree & Evelyn: Summer Hill has notes of peach blossom, freesia, wildflowers, tuberose, madonna lily and warm woods. Yes, it's a soup of florals, but perhaps the tuberose is the star player--anybody know?

Today I was sampling Serge Lutens Datura Noir. When you have more change in your pocket, consider this. For me it was primarily tuberose with a creamy tone as represented in Un Lys.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Summer Hill's tuberose is not a key-player, it is more subdued and serves as buttery and rounded background for more transparent, vibrant meadow flowers on the foreground. On my skin and to my nose that is.

Carnal Flower!

Tinker, you will likely shoot me (and you will know exactly why, later) but you simply must order a sample of Shalini from Aedes. I did, on a whim, and I had to pick up the phone after I received my sample to call New York and ask them what was so intoxicating about it. He said, "Tuberose."

It is truly the most beautiful fragrance I have ever smelled. If you are looking for Tuberose then this is the top of the line.

P.S. Even though they say they will only send you a drop of it for a single application, my sample was ample! You have to love that! It lasted me a long time. *8-)
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

;D I know exactly what you're talking about! $$$$ I have read REALLY nice things about the quality of Shalini. I have to say, I had no idea they gave samples of such an expensive fragrance. I ordered a sample pack a month or so ago, but didn't request it for fear of being declined. Hats off to Aedes!!!

My favourite tuberose scents are Miller Harris Noix de Tubereuse and my very own White Potion http://quinta-essentia.ca/perfumes.c...;product_id=60.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

L'Artisan Tubereuse
    Creed Tubereuse Indiana
    Michael by Michael Kors
    Fracas by Robert Piguet

I used to like KL Chloe, it's tuberose rich and not niche or $$$$. You can find it in most drugstores now. I don't know whether that means the formula has been changed, though. :-/ Perhaps you could try a mini. Other than the ones you already have, which I love, I like Timberwolf's suggestion of JPG Fragile and Carolina Herrera.

SL Tuberose Criminelle, FM Carnal Flower, Fracas, Shalini,Creed Tuberose Indiana (careful,,,sneezy).

Hello

Some of my favorite tuberose fragrances are:

Poême - Lancôme
    Carolina Herrera
    Gardenia Passion - Annick Goutal
    Boucheron Femme - Boucheron
    Eden - Cacharel
    Blonde - Versace
    Van Cleef - Van Cleef & Arpels

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Overcome By Fumes

Although more a blend than a soliflore, Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle has a nice tuberose note.

Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse is white, white, white and feels secretly poisonous in a gorgeous Cruella de Vil way. Love it.

Given your budget and the tuberoses you like, I would suggest you getting Versace's Blonde, it is very similar to Fracas.

I actually have Blonde in parfum, EDP and Blonde Eau Fleurie form. Can ya tell I'm obsessive? ;D Thank you for all the suggestions. In June it's mr.tinker's, our daughter's and mr.tinker's mother's birthdays. All 1 week apart.