Code of Conduct

Default Great men's fragrances for women to wear

I'm finding more and more as I sample some scents, that I often prefer some men's fragrances on me. I just don't do overly sweet, fruity florals well and there's a bunch of them still going around right now.

I'm sure this topic has come up here before (please post the link if you know it), but I'd love some recommendations for men's fragrances, that would really suit a woman too.

Again, not looking for very sweet scents, but I do love citrus - especially lemon and orange, and also light chypres and some orientals. I like florals, just not doused with sugar.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Great men's fragrances for women to wear

I like all the Creeds that I have tried so far - Green Irish Tweed is a nice citrusy/grassy scent that dries down to a warm oakmossy note that appeals to this chypre-loving woman. Himalaya is also nice, I'm not sure but I think they might sell it as unisex.

The Montales are all very rich and work well for either gender, IMO.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by AlthaeaSoaps
    I like all the Creeds that I have tried so far - Green Irish Tweed is a nice citrusy/grassy scent that dries down to a warm oakmossy note that appeals to this chypre-loving woman. *Himalaya is also nice, I'm not sure but I think they might sell it as unisex.

The Montales are all very rich and work well for either gender, IMO. *
    Thanks for the recommendations. Oddly enough, I've never tried any Creeds, but will now. I don't mind if the fragrance isn't meant to be unisex; I already wear some men's fragrances (like Caswell-Massey's Lemon Verbena) that are really marketed to men. I just need to like the fragrance on me.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re:  Great men's fragrances for women to wear

If you can find it, I'd heartily recommend Chamade pour Homme. To my knowledge it's only available as a limited edition in a set with Chamade, with the most lovely interlocking bottles ever designed. The fragrance itself is what I might call a chypriental--really quite unisex.

Default Re: *Great men's fragrances for women to wear

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage is lemony. *I bought my husband some but I don't think he likes it. *That's ok, because it is so nice on me too! *:-)

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    If you can find it, I'd heartily recommend Chamade pour Homme. To my knowledge it's only available as a limited edition in a set with Chamade, with the most lovely interlocking bottles ever designed. The fragrance itself is what I might call a chypriental--really quite unisex.
    That certainly sounds interesting. I used to wear Chamade (pour femme). I never knew about the his/hers interlocking bottles in Chamade.

Hermes' latest work, Terre D'hermes, is terrific. It is an entirely new interpretation of citrus note companied by lush woody and mineral notes but without musk, which makes it a very earthy, clean and fresh scent~ I fell in love with this scent instantly when I had my first whiff~

I will also recommend Guerlain's Vetiver. It starts with an exuberant citrus note, very clean and pleasant, maybe a little bit soapy but in a good way. Though it contains some tobacco notes, it never becomes too masculine, which is something I like about it. I feel refreshed and energetic every time when I wear it. *
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

Ever tried Mugler Cologne? It's lemony and citrusy, with a nice light, clean musk base. It's probably my favorite summer scent, andI think it would work beautifully for a woman.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Ever tried Mugler Cologne? *It's lemony and citrusy, with a nice light, clean musk base. *It's probably my favorite summer scent, andI think it would work beautifully for a woman.

No, I haven't tried this one, but will now! It sounds wonderful.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! I'm sure there are many terrific fragrances worth recommending...

i would recommend creed silver mountain water, original vetiver and imperial millesime
    i love them
    not too masculine and surely not sweet

I seriously recommend every woman to try Iquitos by Alain Delon. It would be soooooo interesting to hear your thoughts about it.

IMO, it is the most feminine, most boldest scent ever made for men. It could easily be pulled of by women: Tangy mandarines, sharp cardamon, dark roses dipped in aldehyde, fresh mosses and woods with few drops of civet. I love it, although it`s quite a challenge to wear.

I have to second Iquitos. That would be great on a woman. You might think i'm crazy but i also think Kouros would be awesome on a woman......maybe even better on a woman than a man. I realize its made out to be the epitome of masculinity, but to me its not. To me its very perfumey, aldehydic, and heady....in the same league as Chanel #5. I would love to smell Kouros on a woman i was going out on a date on. Another good one would be Salvador Dali Pour Homme. A very deep, dark smokey scent that i think is very androgynous. And how can i not mention Insense'? A beautiful, true floral for men that would be wonderful on a woman.
    Awesomeguy

I often wear men's scents......HEARTY MEN'S SCENTS.......LOL

here's some of my loves ~ some are over the top expensive......sorry!!

Creed Bois du portugal & Baie de genievre
    Guerlain Derby & mouchoir de monsieur
    Alain Delon AD (I am definitely going to try iquitos after reading this thread)
    Dior homme
    hermes ~ terre D'hermes
    Divine L'Homme de Coeur & L'Homme Sage
    CC Men's X & #1 ~ I adore #1
    Amouage men's cristal gold & silver & Dia
    Mazzolari ~ Mazzolari
    Miller Harris ~ Feuilles de Tabac
    I profumi ~ Tobacco
    montales ~ all of the Ouds!!!
    Paco rabanne ~ la nuit
    Fresh index Patchouli pure & most patchoulius in general
    MPG ~ eau des iles
    L'Artisan navigateur
    Lorenzo Villoresi ~ Spezie & Incensi

For starters

Thanks for asking us at The Men's Fragrance Forum to have a look, *Herb Lady.
    ( if nothing else it reminded me I wanted to get some decants from Buffalo Gal * )

Well, let's see. * It's funny *that Buffalo Gal mentioned Creed's BdG among her among her choices, * usually praised as power masculine frag suitable for *the boardroom. * Never found it so myself, *much lighter than it pretends to be (it ain't Vintage Tabarome) *and I could easily see a woman wearing this. *Cittus based classics like Eau Savage are eminently wearablle. *in fact I think ES smells far better on women! *On my hairy chest *it smells like I spilled a cup of basil tea. **I won't get into the 1001 other light citruses, *since you asked about GREAT frags. * *So I'll wrap the lemons with the obvious oriental classic: *Habit Rouge. *A favorite of both Tony Blair and Marianne Faithfull---talk about the odd couple!

Givenchy Gentleman is another macho formal *that't praised as being *'suitable for the opera' *Heavy on patchouli--if you're over 50 you might get LSD flashbacks to The Summer of Love--but in smaller doses *it's also quite popular with many women--and, imho, *rightly so.

As for the big V, *Guerlian's Vetiver, *it can be masculine as hell, *and also feminine as hell-- Don't ask me how.

And before we leave Creedland, *may I also reccomend Erolfa? *I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Now, *it's hard to name one Serge Lutens frag that is NOT suitable for women, *though I can think of MANY that I would not reccomend to men. * Unsisex, Serge? *Hmm . . .

Wait! *You asked about *great men's frags, *not unisex.

Fair enough, *just *one word of warning. **Don't wear Bulgari Black unless you're in a dashing Emma Peel sort of mood-- it's probably their most masculine frag. *LOL!

Ok *4 more and then it's someone else's turn to save Western culture:

1. Egoiste.

2. M7 (can't stand it myself--too feminine * : )

3. Opium PH--a lighter, *more subdued, version of the classic.

4. Yves Rocher Homme Nature---fruit central, no florals

Cheers,

Mario 8-)

P.S. BTW, *did anyone finally figure out if *grandpa's Old Spice was indeed a woman's perfume?
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Anything in my wardrobe.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Lady
    *I just don't do overly sweet, fruity florals well and there's a bunch of them still going around right now.

but I do love citrus - especially lemon and orange, and also light chypres and some orientals. *I like florals, just not doused with sugar.

Any suggestions? *
    The three great Chanels would all work very well on women:

Pour Monsieur - you said you like chypre, this is perfect
    Egoiste - great oriental for women
    Antaeus - mega macho, but strangely would work on women because of the rose(?)

Dior Homme is a sweet floral (iris) made for men, so I think it'd would be lovely on a woman for any occasion.

Eau Sauvage, Guerlain Vetiver and Creed GIT for summer casual. Other citrus like Armani Eau PH might be too much but you could try it.

Guerlain L'Instant is another oriental which would work quite well.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

A great Guerlain trio: Vetiver, Habit Rouge and Derby. Just as fabulous as some of the female Guerlains.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gal
    Lorenzo Villoresi ~ Spezie & Incensi
    I have a sample of Incensi that I love wearing, I bet it´s great for casual summer evenings, after the evening shower. It makes me feel kind of "smoked". In a good way, that is.

There are really very few men's scents I like that I would NOT like on a woman:

Some from my wardrobe that immediately come to mind as ones I'd love to smell on a woman:
    Gendarme and Gendarme V
    Mugler Cologne
    Yang
    Antaeus
    M7
    Iquitos
    Burberry Brit and Touch
    Gucci Envy and Carven Homme (these are a little sweet for me, and I think I'd like them BETTER on a woman)
    Egoiste
    Miracle Homme and Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic
    Fahrenheit
    Kouros
    Coriolan
    D&G PH
    Aramis 900
    Bulgari PH
    Escada Magnetism PH

Some of these are generally considered very masculine, but I not only like the the way they smell in general, but I think my perception of them would be different if they were worn by a woman. I don't think the the fact that I might perceive something as masculine on me or another man precludes perceiving the same fragrance as feminine on a woman. That might seem paradoxical, but I think it's true, at least for me.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Here are two of mine which the Vicomtesse really likes to wear:
    Bowling Green
    Happy for Men (in fact she hates the women's version)

You might prefer Bowling Green, herb lady. It is citric, piney, with a hint of spice.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Lulu

I wear a man's fragrance but won't tell what it is because I don't want a lot of other women to smell like me. I got a lot of compliments on this perfume.

Me thinks you may like, Habit Rouge, Heritage, Insense, Quartz Pour Homme, Terre D'Hermes is quite heavy on rose to my nose (similar to Agent Provocateur, you may like that too!)

Hermes Jardins are nice too, erm, Gieffeffe is a unisex floral, jasmine heavy but not particularly sweet. The CK One Summers are very nice as well, not too sweet.

Mugler Cologne sounds PERFECT for you too! I second, third and fourth that one!

Overcome By Fumes

Here's an ad for the Chamades which shows the interlocking bottles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUERLAIN-CHAMADE...QQcmdZViewItem

Why So Serious?

PdN New York
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Gonna go out on a limb here:

RG by YSL

TD by Versace

Timbuktu by L/a

I can't describe them. I just like them, but especially the Timbuktu!!!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

[quote author=AlthaeaSoaps link=1149272405/0#1 date=1149272774]I like all the Creeds that I have tried so far - Green Irish Tweed is a nice citrusy/grassy scent that dries down to a warm oakmossy note that appeals to this chypre-loving woman. Himalaya is also nice, I'm not sure but I think they might sell it as unisex.

The Montales are all very rich and work well for either gender, IMO.
    Thanks for the recommendations. Oddly enough, I've never tried any Creeds, but will now. I don't mind if the fragrance isn't meant to be unisex; I already wear some men's fragrances (like Caswell-Massey's Lemon Verbena) that are really marketed to men. I just need to like the fragrance on me.

[/quote]

I personally love to wear Grey Flannel. I also like Caswell-Massey's Sandalwood, which is either a men's frag or a unisex frag depending on what country you're in. It's bright lemon beginning atop a cool, powdery sandalwood. Mmmm.
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by AlthaeaSoaps

I personally love to wear Grey Flannel. I also like Caswell-Massey's Sandalwood, which is either a men's frag or a unisex frag depending on what country you're in. It's bright lemon beginning atop a cool, powdery sandalwood. Mmmm.

Wow. These all sound great! Thank you everyone for the suggestions so far. I'm not sure why I've stayed away from the men's counter for so long, but am glad to be discovering these treasures. The Mugler sounds perfect, but the others seem so interesting too, and I look forward to checking them all out.

Althaea Soaps, have you ever tried any of the other CM Sandalwood products? I haven't tried their cologne, but have used the soap and shampoos in Sandalwood. I'm not sure why, but although they (the fragrance) was interesting, I could never grow to love it. But I wonder if the cologne itself is perhaps nicer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Here are two of mine which the Vicomtesse really likes to wear:
    Bowling Green
    Happy for Men (in fact she hates the women's version)

You might prefer Bowling Green, herb lady. It is citric, piney, with a hint of spice.
    * K

Vicomte, do you happen to know why the Vicomtesse dislikes the women's version of Happy? It's not my favorite either, because I could never get past the grapefruit. Does the Vicomtesse think it's (the men's Happy) heavy in grapefruit too? Thanks!

Forgive me if I missed it but I don't think I saw Pour Un Homme de Caron mentioned. You CANNOT go wrong with this one. Sharp lavender opening that settles to give way to vanilla and amber. An absolute masterpiece verrrrry wearable.
    RM

This sounds nice @ www.beautyexclusive.com by Roger& Gallet- EXTRA VIELLE Top: lemon,bergamont Middle: rosemary,neroli,petit grain Base: clove ... price:$30 for 3.4oz splash or $36 for 3.4oz spray I never tried it, sounds nice. I have tried Mugler's Cologne, I liked it so much I stole Corey's sample. I also like Gendarme, it is deliciously clean but it really smells like clean laundry. Sephora calls it the scent of 1000 ironed shirts. Just a heads up in case your not a fan of Clean-type scents.

Fujiyama Homme (Success de Paris) - a good choice for a business woman
    Desire Blue (Aflred Dunhill) - office daywear
    Friends (Moschino) - outdoor wear

xilonic (not a fragrance)

Lalique pour Homme.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Dunhill Edition
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

Some of the fragrances that I would most certainly wear from my husbands frag-wardrobe are:

M7 Yves Saint-Laurent
    Hugo Boss - Boss Soul
    Escada Magnetism
    Rochas Man
    Givenchy - Pi
    Roberto Cavalli - Just Cavalli
    Versace Man Cologne
    Joop Homme Joop!
    Mont Blanc Individuel by Mont Blanc
    Hanae Mori
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Versace The Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by PM
    I seriously recommend every woman to try Iquitos by Alain Delon. It would be soooooo interesting to hear your thoughts about it.

IMO, it is the most feminine, most boldest scent ever made for men. It could easily be pulled of by women: Tangy mandarines, sharp cardamon, dark roses dipped in aldehyde, fresh mosses and woods with few drops of civet. I love it, although it`s quite a challenge to wear.
    This evening I`ve been testing Tubéreuse Criminelle (Lutens) and I can say that it has something in common with Iquitos. They are on the same ballpark, no doubt.
    TC is even a bit more floral for sure, mandarins are replaced by peaches, it`s sharper and it lacks of woody notes completely,and yet, moss isn`t there either, but to my nose these two are very much reminicients.

So, everyone who enjoys TC should probably give Iquitos a shot. And vice versa, of course

Hi!

I've been lurking for abit, but just love this question! Some of the leather and tobacco scnets develop pretty well on my skin, so on occasion I will wear Tabarome Vintage (yes, you heard me!) or Equipage.

Either I save for very big deal meetings or presentations, wearing my best serious corporate suits. To apply, I spray (just once maybe twice)into this unscented shea butter mix I wear to moisturize my skin, then apply all over. It is quite subtle and always gets a great reaction. I always tell folks who ask what I am wearing that it is a custom scent. But one man who I know wears Tabarome Vintage is a fan of this on me and he can't tell that it is his own fragrance.

Cassandra

[quote author=AlthaeaSoaps link=1149272405/15#23 date=1149377685]

Althaea Soaps, have you ever tried any of the other CM Sandalwood products? I haven't tried their cologne, but have used the soap and shampoos in Sandalwood. I'm not sure why, but although they (the fragrance) was interesting, I could never grow to love it. But I wonder if the cologne itself is perhaps nicer.....

[/quote]

oh, i LOVE the CM sandalwood soaps! my favorite "commercial" soap, ever. However, the Sandalwood cologne is quite a bit different from the soaps, so maybe you'll be able to enjoy it even though you don't like the soap.
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Thank you everyone for the additional suggestions. I've been away on business and unable to respond before now, but am thrilled to have even more fragrances to seek out. And welcome, Cassandra!!!

Thank you everyone for the additional suggestions. I've been away on business and unable to respond before now, but am thrilled to have even more fragrances to seek out. And welcome, Cassandra!!!

YSL KOUROS

I have about 50 scents in my wardrobe, not all of them are mens some are unisex so I went thru specifically the mens frags... and tried to find ones I would think most suitable for a woman... at first I was tempted to list all of the sweeter frags, but then as I tested them individually I thought about it and most of them were cut from the list. The list was narrowed down to:

CDG - Avignon
    Lalique Equus
    Creed Orange Spice
    Creed Erolfa
    Dior Homme Eau Noire
    Gendarme

Explorator Dumpsterorum

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Man
    Forgive me if I missed it but I don't think I saw Pour Un Homme de Caron mentioned. You CANNOT go wrong with this one. Sharp lavender opening that settles to give way to vanilla and amber. An absolute masterpiece verrrrry wearable.
    RM
    At some point, Herb Lady, you absolutely must at least sniff this one! Although it is a bona fide Caron -- it is usually at a nice price point and I would be very surprised if you did not come to love this fragrance!!! *

It is a most magnificent melange of lavender and vanilla... 8-)

Djin by Mike Storer
    Joop!
    Moods
    etc
    To me it doesn't matter what the perfumer had in mind I will wear it if I like it!
    Jenny the hobby perfumer

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno
    [quote author=Renaissance Man link=1149272405/15#26 date=1149383415]Forgive me if I missed it but I don't think I saw Pour Un Homme de Caron mentioned. You CANNOT go wrong with this one. Sharp lavender opening that settles to give way to vanilla and amber. An absolute masterpiece verrrrry wearable.
    RM
    At some point, Herb Lady, you absolutely must at least sniff this one! Although it is a bona fide Caron -- it is usually at a nice price point and I would be very surprised if you did not come to love this fragrance!!! *

It is a most magnificent melange of lavender and vanilla... 8-)[/quote]

Ezhno, I would be honored to seek this one out. I admit to not having ever tried any Carons, so will make this one my first! I'm really very touched that so many Basenoters have truly given this question a lot of consideration and offered suggestions. Thank you!

One that I've been wearing quite a bit lately is Miracle Pour Homme. It's got coffee notes in the middle that I just adore, and my husband doesn't wear it often enough, so I've taken to wearing it, myself.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra m
    Hi!

I've been lurking for abit, but just love this question! *Some of the leather and tobacco scnets develop pretty well on my skin, so on occasion I will wear Tabarome Vintage (yes, you heard me!) or Equipage.

Either I save for very big deal meetings or presentations, wearing my best serious corporate suits. *To apply, I spray (just once maybe twice)into this unscented shea butter mix I wear to moisturize my skin, then apply all over. *It is quite subtle and always gets a great reaction. *I always tell folks who ask what I am wearing that it is a custom scent. *But one man who I know wears Tabarome Vintage is a fan of this on me and he can't tell that it is his own fragrance.

Cassandra
    That's good to hear. I love Vintage Tabarome. I love to spray some inside the leather cover on top of the flacon and smell it as it absorbs and mixes with the leather. VT is a unique, uplifting and amazing scent.
    Last edited by pluran; 4th July 2006 at 09:47 PM.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

I like M7, Opium PH and Egoiste a lot. Old Spice does also well, Obsession men is gorgeous, L'Instant is patchouli at its best! But i always borrowed, never bought for myself.
    The first i bought for myself is Herrera for men which a good friend of mine uses and Angelina Jolie is said to use/have used.

It has a soft and warm , most lovely sandalwood base that lingers on after it has started with refreshing citrus notes, lavender. there are clove and tobacco notes in the middle. Refreshing in the beginning it develops an embracing warm and dry heart. Very highly recommended!
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

My wife loves my aqua motu by csp. Think Penguin aquarium at the zoo ! its really aquatic, like carribean water. i always catch her having a spray! oo err! also she likes to wear my jaipur by boucheron, nice vanilla woods

I would add to the many excellent suggestions here some more that I enjoy:
    Knize 10
    Creed Royal English Leather
    Dior Cologne Blanche (I saw Eau Noire, but not this one or Bois d'Argent, which many women I know enjoy)
    LV Piper Nigrum (not sure if this is officially unisex)
    Caron Yatagan, 3eme Homme, Anarchiste

This might also be of interest to you (she often reviews men's fragrances, too):
    http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...rite_men_.html

I know that some girls like and wear:

Armani White
    CK One

I think Dior Higher Energy can also be worn by girls, because its light and fruity, have a try!!

Cool Re: Great men's fragrances for women to wear

I use to wear L'Eau par Kenzo pour homme, Dune pour homme, Dior Homme...

I would have never thought of it as something any woman would wear -thought it might be too much of everything as the juice is somewhat strong- but the other day on the street i smelled herrera's chic for men on a woman and it was very very good!

aqua di parma colonia assoluta or the original aqua di parma might be worth a shot

Smile Re: Great men's fragrances for women to wear

My husband says I am a girly girl. I just like to think of myself as a person that enjoys all 5 senses. I have co-opted many scents usually marketed to men for my collection. I always try to buy for husband. I give to him first then he puts up his nose...I then get what I want (his cast-offs-he-he-he).

Here is a list of "mens fragrances" I wear frequently:

1. L'instant pour homme;
    2. Eau Sauvage;
    3. Habit Rouge; and,
    4. Cartier Declaration.

Blog Entries

There are so many...I wear mens & unisex frags almost exclusively. Check out my 'drobe
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I think some "men's" fragrances in the Dry Woods category are fantastic. Pascal Morabito's OR BLACK and L'Artisan Parfumeur's L'EAU DU NAVIGATEUR and D'Orsays LE DANDY are mesmerizing. Feminine fragrances in the Dry Woods category include Grès' CABOCHARD and Chanel's CUIR DE RUSSIE. Dry woods are very often smoky, leathery fragrances - notes I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb_Lady
    No, I haven't tried this one, but will now! It sounds wonderful.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! I'm sure there are many terrific fragrances worth recommending...
    To me, Mugler Cologne is quite masculine smelling. Not "strong", but certainly brings masculine images to mind. I think of a barbershop/after-shower/just shaved kind of smell.

I don't think I would like to smell this on a woman!

Of course, I have yet to actually smell it on a woman, but to me it's just not exactly feminine.

Smile Re: Great men's fragrances for women to wear

Thank you everyone for the additional responses to my question! I apologize for being away so long and not responding before now; I'd love to say that I was abducted by aliens or something, but life just got in the way - work, family, and some extended illnesses. But all is well now and I'm so glad to be back and have these new fragrance suggestions to hunt down.

Now I just have to figure out this new forum...

Herb Lady
    Last edited by Herb_Lady; 27th July 2006 at 10:43 AM.