Code of Conduct

Default TBS The Body Shop - Invent Your Scent

Hi

i'm keen in getting the series of this The Body Shop The Body Shop - Invent Your Scent fragrances to try it out....

have anyone got them, can tell me how is it? use it alone or combine with others to mix for a different fragrance???

wat combinations smell nice? can tell me the combinations?? New or Special Combinations to intro???

i also heard that can mix up to 3 types for a new fragrance? anyone tried it too???

if possible, can tell me how much it is for per bottle? or for the trial set?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TBS The Body Shop - Invent Your Scent

Look at www.bodyshop.com

they give you exact prices, descriptions for every scent and combinations suggestions
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

thks....... i saw a few thou... but would like to see any of the ppl here have tried more or special combinations of their own..... hee, real life testing and results......

I haven't, but Ed Shepp has. * http://edsheppscentblog.blogspot.com...body-shop.html

Have you checked the D I Y Board here at Basenotes? You will find references to sources for raw materials (vetiver, alcohol, essential oils, etc.) so you can create your own perfume, lotion, soap, shampoo, shower gel, hair conditioner, talc, candles, incense sticks, etc. *http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1091657249

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to work for The Body Shop, and the Invent Your Scent range wasn't that popular from what i remember. There are some lovely combinations though. People mainly stuck with the White Musk, Oceanus and Spirit of Moonflower scents.

While on the subject of The Body Shop, has anyone tried the new Cassis Rose fragrance which has just been launched. It's lovely.

Tom
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by libertine
    While on the subject of The Body Shop, has anyone tried the new Cassis Rose fragrance which has just been launched. It's lovely.
    Thanks much for the early notice, Tom. I'm a cassis fan.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Cassis Rose is lovely, but reminded me a lot of Franck Oliver scent from the late 80s, the one in a white shell bottle.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

You can try every single combination possible and that's the fun of it. I suggest you grap paper and pencil and note what you combine and how you like the result ( or not).

However , since you want some recs , I have these words for you :

*Citrella + Amorito = Pink Sugar ( this is completely my discovery , TBS has not recommended this , I found out accidentaly )

*Beleaf combines well with everything , espcially Amorito and Chymara.
    Chymara is the most "complete" of the set , can be worn alone.

*Minteva is also great with Beleaf and actually is a very nice scent on its own , unique.

*Citrella and Altaro make a standard classic oriental ,|Citrella and Aztique make a standard classic fruity scent , very summery.

Well... I really liked both Amorito, (very gourmet, yummy scent), and Chymara which actually reminded me of a fragrance that I already have... maybe a bit like Amor Amor... but I can't remember... I decided to pick up only Amorito for now for the purpose of layering it with some of my existing collection…

On it’s own Amorito does not really have much longevity, but when layered with Mouboussin for example it’s superbly delicious
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

oh ya.... i'd never thought of mixing the series with some other perfume..... perhaps shall give it a try....

For the aspiring Jean-Paul Guerlain set. *Recommended for ages *8+ *but seeing as how we are Basenoters, perhaps one could start earlier with adult supervision.

"Extract and blend your own secret formula heavenly scents! Then experiment to grow Scented Crystals, gross out Mum with Sublime Burp Slime, make Forest Pourri, Scented Note Paper and much more!"

http://www.interplayuk.co.uk/Pages/perfume_factory.html

"Make scented Bath Bombs, Phunny Phoam, and Magic Tricks. You invent new amazing mixtures to make: Marbleised Bombs, The Haunted Balloon, Closet De-ponger, Bathroom Volcano Mix, Suck ‘n’ Spit Thingy, Soda Powered Submarine and more!"

http://www.interplayuk.co.uk/Pages/b...b_factory.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the last post. Yeah, that how we are! ;D Some of us are Jimmy Neutrons, for sure! ;D ;D ;D

Sorry about that. On re-reading, I do seem like a smart aleck.

I didn't mean B'noters need adult supervision. I meant that if a B'noter was to purchase The Perfume Factory or The Bath Bomb Factory for someone younger than eight years of age, the recipient would require adult supervision. Because we are B'noters, I would think, the likelihood of purchasing a fragrance-related gift is higher than that of the average person. I have given cologne to two seven-year-old nephews who were clearly too young with the understanding that it was for special occasions and they had to ask for parental permission. Seven-year-olds don't have too many special occasions so they will have their Harry Potter EdTs for quite a while.

Thanks, Timberwolf, for smoothing things out with a sense of humor.

In terms of 'adult' kits: http://www.perfumersworld.com/

I was thinking - and this isn't fully thought out yet - why not get to the heart of the matter? The Perfumer's World kit has 'pre-formatted fleuressence bases'. If one wants to understand the basics and express his or her creativity - make your own kit. What makes an oriental different from a fougere? Get the necessary essential oils. * http://www.birchhillhappenings.com/ *sells in small sample sizes for $1 to $2 - about 12 drops per vial. One nice thing about sample sizes is that when making large batches, sometimes only a liitle petitgrain or tonka is needed in relation to the other oils. Another is that if one should want to become familiar with a particular note or an accord, the sample sizes are much more economical than, say, a half-ounce. Get an assortment. If someone on the board should mention oakmoss, run to the refrigerator to check oakmoss.

Wink Re: TBS The Body Shop - Invent Your Scent

Quote Originally Posted by libertine
    I used to work for The Body Shop, and the Invent Your Scent range wasn't that popular from what i remember. There are some lovely combinations though. People mainly stuck with the White Musk, Oceanus and Spirit of Moonflower scents.

Tom
    it was fabulous!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For a real garden experience I like to try Citrella with Minteva, a blast of grapefruity citrus and then the basily- garden Minteva- never fails to wake me up when I'm fatigued. I like Altaro, too, very soft, but I haven't found anything I like to combine it with.