Code of Conduct

Default Gianfranco Ferré - Ferré

Bois de Jasmin just posted an amazingly beautful review (http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...gianfranc.html) of this scent and it really triggered my curiousity. Has anyone else tried it? I really want to know more about it. For some reason I think it would suit me

Default Re: Gianfranco Ferré - Ferré

Hi!

I tried Ferre' a few months ago and I was favourabley impressed. The fruity top-notes are conducive to a beautiful floral heart. I seem to get the same sort of feeling I experience with Paradox by Jacomo, the same creamy, mellow symphony of flowers, the same light transparency although they differ completely on the dry-down, vanillic for Paradox, more oriental for Ferre'. Sillage is great.

V.

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else smell/wear this? It sounds like an iris lovers dream.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I have not tried it, but I've always meant to. There was some talk about it on this thread...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289...for-Favourites

Basenotes Plus

I think it's mentioned in the Unsung Treasures Thread, too?
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

It's mentioned a lot as a more affordable alternative to Iris Poudre, also by Pierre Bourdon. Personally, I don't think it even begins to come close to the posh, luxurious, velvety iris of IP - honestly, to my nose it's a pleasant but rather boring iris cologne, and it's pretty short-lived, too. It's not bad, and I suppose it would be more fair to judge it on its own merits ...but if you're looking for a lush and glamorous iris perfume, I doubt this will be very satisfying.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Thanks ladies. I am not that much of a Bourdon fan (or an Iris Poudre fan) but still this interests me.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hillaire

Well, I for one, recommend Ferre by Ferre (in the little gold grenade), though so many GF scents are really good.

This is one of my favourite scents and I am lucky to own the
    beautiful bottle. It has pride of place on my dressing table!
    Some people say it is the poor man's Iris Poudre and there are definite
    similarities. I wear this when I want to feel cool, confident and not at all
    flashy!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Well, I for one, recommend Ferre by Ferre (in the little gold grenade), though so many GF scents are really good.
    I like Ferre by Ferre, too. I also like Gianfranco Ferre, the one from 1984.

Just to be clear though, here's the bottle for Ferre, the iris one by Pierre Bourdon from 2005.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan