Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Karmic lesson No. 46,159

I may have shared before that I have a casual female friend that I introduced to a close and dear male friend. And now they are engaged!! He came to see me and we had dinner and congratulations. For a gift, I made her about 40 2ml micro mister samples of all the nicest stuff in my collection. I sent it back with him, with a request that when she finds her favorite three to let me know, so I could get them for her as a shower gift. The wedding is next April, so she'll have time to play, and I know she likes fragrances in general.

Her first pick is Spring Flowers by Creed.

LOL! Such karma to bite me--the personal bug-a-boo, the blind buy that frustrated me so much I got myself moderated over it! So irritating to me that I gave away the nearly full bottle in the box to a deserving friend(it did need a good home) who liked it, just so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. (Not that I would give a used bottle as a shower gift--I'd be afraid she'd catch me!)

Now, I will be buying another bottle.

I'm going to send her that Nouveau Gardenia by DSH, too! [smiley=evil.gif] ;D ;D ;D [smiley=engel017.gif]

I'd like to say "yeah, I can't stand either one of them," but that might get me moderated by God (ker-crash: struck by lightening!)

Can I just say "I wanted you to have it because I thought you might like it." It just seems like a touchy situation to me. I do want her to have it, she might really love it! And I want to get rid of it and find it a good home. But I don't want to slight her choices. Should I just forget about it since I obviously don't have the social skills to handle it?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Karmic lesson No. 46,159

I'd give her the three picks of her choosing for her bridal shower and give her the gardenia at another time when you're together and its informal. Then you can say...hey what do you think of this.....its not working on me....if you like it i'd love for you to have it

P.S. Sent *an IM regarding Spring Flower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Karmic lesson No. 46,159

Yes. That's good. Thank you for pointing out the obvious--I get so emotional over fragrance my brain short circuits! Sent you a PM, too.
    Please, spritz responsibly.