Code of Conduct

Default New summer scent: Citrusy NON-white floral?

Hi, gang --

I've been lurking for the past few days, and feel like I've found a new community! Hoping you can help me find something new and fun for the warmer weather.

Bottom line: I'm new to this, but a frag junky: tend toward warm orientals (Opium original formula for years, have expanded to Scherrer 2, Caron Pour Une Femme De Caron (original) and Poivre, also lighter spicy citrus fragrances like 4711 and Thymes Ginger Milk. "Departure" fragrances for me include Dolce & Gabbana (red) and Cielo (Napa Valley, not the more well-known version). Van Cleef's "Hiver" is great, but goes to cardboard on me after a few minutes.

After checking out several of the reviews on this site, I, too, bought A. McQueen's "Kingdom" blind, and will let everyone know what I think once it shows up.

Here's my current quest: I love spice, citrus and some florals, but my skin chemistry tends to bring out all the "sweet" of a fragrance (not a bad thing) and the powder/paper tendencies (yuck). Also, anything "white" --white flowers especially, but even white musk -- goes waxy on me. Very sad.

SO: I want a wildly different citrusy floral with NO white flowers and perhaps a spicy undertone for the warm weather.

Suggestions?

The unsubtle Yank awaits.

Thanks!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Default Re: New summer scent: Citrusy NON-white floral?

Welcome ComDiva! Check out the thread for "Great men's fragrance for women " on this page, down a few threads. HerbLady was looking for a non-sweet, citrus scent for summer and she got so many suggestions you will probably find something you'd love. * Good luck, Allie

You might check out Victoria's Secret summer limited edition "Very Sexy Now"... a light, sheer fruity oriental but not overtly sweet, has notes of blood orange, grapefruit wood, purple freesia, hazelnutleaf, tonka bean, vanilla, nutmeg... To my surprise, it really is a nice summer scent.

Check out some of the fragrances in the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria line.

p.s. Hello, and welcome! :-)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wanna swap? ... skins that is. My skin intensifies lemony notes and adds lemons where none existed!

Until I think of a more useful response, here's a "hello" from a fellow Yank (for my friend musse in Norway--that means Yankee, someone from one of the northern states--could imagine it might have other odd implications without a definition).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I love O de Lancome for the summer. Citrusy with a chypre-like background. HOwever, it is extremely evanescent on me.

L'Artisan Navegar - ocean, rum & spices
    L'Artisan Un *Zeste d'Ete - lemon blossom & lemon juice
    Rosine Un Zest de Rose - no white florals, just lemony rose.
    Live by Jennifer Lopez - citrusy pineapple, warm notes, and some spice.
    Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca (woody lemon) and Lavande Velours (sweet woody lavender).

I love En Passant. *It's perfect for summer because it's so sheer and alive. *It's lilac and cucumber (although I don't smell any cucumber) on a pastry-sweet base. *Premier Figuier is also great for summer; green and woody and not at all flowery. *I'm really enjoying a very green version of this called Figuier made by Bathed & Infused. *

PS - I LOVE Cielo and want to purchase it!

I've come across the new Azzaro a couple of days ago:Pink Tonic. It's very pink grapefruit, and I couldn't trace any white florals in there. Here are the notes:
    Top note : Yuzu, Pink Grapefruit, Frosted Red Currant

Middle note : Pink Peony, Magnolia, Raspberry Leaf

Base note : Musks, Vanilla Blossom, Cedar

Another favourite for the summer are Pamplelune Aqua Allegoria Guerlain (bitter grapefruit+patchouli+musk) and Moschino Cheap&Chic I Love Love (imagine Light Blue with loads of grapefruit).
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Hi Along the lines of Opium I love the new Tom For Youth Dew Amber Nude, it is really great and many compliments
    [smiley=chanel.gif]

Overcome By Fumes

Give Petit Guerlain a try.

It's got notes including lavender, orange, mandarin, lemon, bergamot, mimosa, jasmine, tonka bean, and vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by vezerne
    I love O de Lancome for the summer. Citrusy with a chypre-like background. *HOwever, it is extremely evanescent on me. *
    Great suggestion! It definitely fits the bill! Green lemon with touches of rosemary and lavender over a green slightly chypre base. My mom used it for years and it stayed pretty well on her!
    Another Great lemon-non white flowers-scent is Hermès Eau des Merveilles. It's a great scent that has a kind of magic!