Code of Conduct

Default Annick Goutal Mystery Fragrance

I picked it up at the flea market (!) for $4, a brand-new bottle, but the tag with the name of the scent had come off. It has her standard-issue bottle:

...it's a very tangy, bright, intense fruity-floral. I'm thinking it's Eau de Charlotte, but I don't notice any cocoa anywhere. I do feel like I can detect mimosa and lily of the valley, though.

What do you think? Is Eau de Charlotte a rather bright, intense, tangy fruity-floral?

~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Default Re: Annick Goutal Mystery Fragrance

Eau de Charlotte is definitely fruity and quite fresh/sweet too. However, there are many more options so it's hard to say...
    It should actually come with a sticker/label at the bottom of the bottle too that says which fragrance it is. Does it happen to be there?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    Eau de Charlotte is definitely fruity and quite fresh/sweet too. However, there are many more options so it's hard to say...
    It should actually come with a sticker/label at the bottom of the bottle too that says which fragrance it is. Does it happen to be there?

The sticker on the bottom does not list the fragrance name, it just gives the address of the place in France where it was made.
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Could it be Petite Cherie? It has TANGY peach/green topnotes.The notes from my sample card list - peach, vanilla, fresh grass and musky rose. It stays pretty tart and sweet through top/middle/base. I never really get alot of vanilla, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Could it be Petite Cherie? It has TANGY peach/green topnotes.The notes from my sample card list - peach, vanilla, fresh grass and musky rose. It stays pretty tart and sweet through top/middle/base. I never really get alot of vanilla, come to think of it.
    it could be...the musky rose + the grassy and green notes might equal what smells sort of like lily of the valley. argh. i guess i'll have to get a few little samples in order to figure out what i've got.
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Perhaps Quel Amour? It has rose note and is quite tangy.

It doesn't sound like Petite Chérie which has a very strong pear note.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

My best guess is that it's Folavril. The notes in it are boronia, jasmine, mango and tomato leaves, so it definitely qualifies as a fruity floral. And there's something in it -- a certain mustiness, actually -- that I also smell in Eau de Charlotte. I mentioned it to an AG sales rep and she knew exactly what I was talking about.
    Current favorites: Jo Malone Rose Water and Vanilla, L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore, Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles, Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal

This is very interesting! ( and what a find for so cheap!)

I think we could narrow it down *to these choices :

Eau de Charlotte ( in which I smell very sweet, slightly coconutty drydown, not your average vanilla though, something slightly bitter in there too)

Folavril ( which is a weird kind of fresh, with something bitter-sweet, musty and yet more airy than Charlotte which can be a little cloying)

Petite Cherie ( which to me is "rotten fruits" frag, but I have heard it turns easily so it might be a bad bottle I tested - anyway, it's very fruity with peach-pear, so hard to miss)

Quel Amour ( this is more of a floral than a fruity floral to my nose, but I could be mistaken, I am not that well acquainted with it)

Out of those I think Charlotte is closest to what you're describing.

However if it has a slight lotion-y smell I might suggest Eau de Ciel too. I once had someone comment that it reminded them of sunlotion and sweet fruit. And there is definitely no such thing in the notes, so you know that one can't go on just notes.

However, if you need info on all Goutal perfumes' notes, here you are :
    http://www.annickgoutal.nl/en/fragrances/

Thanks, helg!

I think that I have settled on it being Petite Cherie - it's *so* fruity, although I can't discern the exact nature of the fruit. But often peach notes don't come across as recognizable to me: in Mitsouko I can't figure it out at all. There's definitely heap-loads of rose in it, though, so that makes it easier to nail down: big rose plus big fruit, pretty much has to be Petite Cherie. Plus, I realized it reminded me quite a lot of the opening of Paris (YSL), so I went to look at Paris's comments and noticed a comparison there to Petite Cherie.

Now I think I'll probably sell it, though. Way too intense for me! And not a bit of sandalwood or amber in sight!
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Sorry for being so late in my response. I only logged on today again.

Good for you that you found it and sorry it didn't work out. I have to admite I don't like Oetit Cherie :-(

On the other hand, you're not crazy not finding peach in Mitsouko ( i don't either). Actually it's peach skin, not peach flesh that is the note. It comes from aldehydeC14 in fact. Just so you know your nose isn't faulty or anything.