Code of Conduct

Default Office wear and general wardrobe suggestion

Next month I will be working in an office instead of going to college once a week. Now I prefer sweet perfumes and I wonder if they are all suitable for a working place, I do not want to upset any of my future coworkers. I can tell you that it will be cold and outside it's never warmer then 10C.

Favourites scents to wear atm for me are
    Lolita Lempicka L
    Angel Innocent
    City Glam for her

Do any of you have any suggestions for other frags I should try out and do you think the ones mentioned above would be suitable ( if worn in moderation, I wont over indulge myself and really bathe in angel innocent )

I dont know if I can get any of the niche frags, I doubt airports carry them and no store nearby does.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: Office wear and general wardrobe suggestion

My suggestions for office perfume wear:

1. Make sure to apply whatever you wear with a Very Light Hand. Double-check office policies as some places have a no-frag rule, and others have an unofficial negative stance.

2. If you have your own office with a door (lucky you!) you can wear a little more than if you are in a cube.

3. Try wearing scented lotion or cream rather than cologne. Several members here have suggested putting unscented lotion into your palm, spraying one spritz into the lotion, then applying the lotion, which works well for me.

4. Dab, don't spray, your scent.

5. My personal office choices are chypre-based - Chanel Cristalle, Hermes Caleche - as I don't like sweet floral fragrances very much. You might want to check out some white floral / light musk scents like Philosophy Amazing Grace.

Good luck with the new job!

I'd second Angel Innocent, it's lovely.
    A light spray of Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum would
    also be amazing and is quite sweet.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello there,

I have to be honest in saying that Lolita Lempicka makes me nauseated... but it's not the sweetness of it that actually bothers me, it's just that there is way too much licorice mixing with that sweetness that kills it for me... SO I think I would leave that one out of my office-wear scents...

Angel, however is another tricky one that no matter how little of it you wear, some people will LOVE and others will HATE!!!! Personally, I can take it or leave it, but when someone wears it I find myself often spilling out complimenting... But again there are a few people I've some across wearing Angel and it was, well less then a pleasant experience lets just say...

City Glam might be your best choice for the office of the fragrances you've listed so far...

However, having said all that.... My sister, (well me too) loves louder sweeter scents and does indeed wear them to the office... She wears Pink Sugar, (I do not), and always gets compliments, also she once in a while wears Fantasy as well as Chantal Thomass, Nanette Lepore... I wear Samsara, Dior Addict, Gloria, Prada, Alien, Flowerbomb... so it all depends...

TexasSnow has an awesome point in saying that you need to find out about your office set-up as well as office policy as far as fragrance-wearing is concerned... I have an office to myself so this is not such a big deal for me... but watch out if you get into the elevator with me LOL

So my dear, best of luck with the new job and always have fun no matter what goes on or how stressed you may get

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I wouldn't be surprised if I am so stressed and sleepy early in the morning that I simply forget more often then not, also the Lolita Lempicka L version has no liquorice in it that I know of.

I don't like Dior Addict but I will try some of the other scents suggested.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

You may want to consider using perfume oils. They stay closer to the skin. Kiehls has some nice ones. I like Coriander. It is a clean, sweet scent. Nordstrom carries the Keihls line and they will be happy to give you a sample so you can test it before purchasing. I think the smallest bottle is about $15.
    If you don't mind using the internet to buy scents, I strongly recommend that you try a few of the Madini oils. They have a sample program where you can buy five for about $10. Musc Pierre would be very suitable for office wear I think. I enjoy wearing their Ambre and their Vanilla oils together, they blend well and create a fragrance that is very warm and sweet. They have another scent called Autumn that you might like too. http://www.madini.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I can't imagine anyone having a problem with a soliflore like Jo Malone's Orange Blossom--simple, mildly sweet, and masterfully done.
    http://www.jomalone.com/templates/fr...D=CATEGORY7574

As for acquiring samples, see the basenotes thread on that subject:
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1098492212

You can also buy samples from basenotes and ebays sellers, or swap samples with the gals at makeupalley.com
    http://w7x.makeupalley.com/

It's fun to have a reason to explore scents with a new mission in mind. Good luck with the job.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hi Lian,

Oopps my comment was not for the new Lolita 'L' ... nope that one I too LOVE!!! I was commenting about the old original version that my sister sprays all over the place LOL... so my apologies and in the future I really should try to read the whole thing before I blab away LOL

Of course when I see someone wanting to wear Lolita to work I instantly react (hehe) and blinders come on so I can only think of the original... Actually I think that L will work just fine...

Best of luck once again
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I used to wear Pink Sugar, Enchantress by stacked style and Lolita to the office. I did it with a light hand and ALWAYS had compliments. I also wore Halo by Victoria's Secret, the body cream of Angel( there was a Angel overload in our building) and Noa by Cacheral. It was a bank call center and there was never a problem with my perfumes. There WERE women with too much Angel, White Diamonds, Organza, Obsession, Michael Kors and Light Blue... Bleh! It was horrible.

Oh my goodness- Yes, please do use a very light application. This is, of course, not directed at anyone present I know that everyone here can handle themselves behind the steering wheel of a bottle of perfume.

But, you know... in case anyone ELSE was listening in...

Please don't put your coworkers in the uncomfortable position of wanting to complain about your smell and thus creating hard feelings. 10 sprays of Bora Bora is the social equivalent of farting in public.

Again, Lian, this is in no way directed at you or anyone else here- just an observation.

ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe