My suggestions for office perfume wear:
1. Make sure to apply whatever you wear with a Very Light Hand. Double-check office policies as some places have a no-frag rule, and others have an unofficial negative stance.
2. If you have your own office with a door (lucky you!) you can wear a little more than if you are in a cube.
3. Try wearing scented lotion or cream rather than cologne. Several members here have suggested putting unscented lotion into your palm, spraying one spritz into the lotion, then applying the lotion, which works well for me.
4. Dab, don't spray, your scent.
5. My personal office choices are chypre-based - Chanel Cristalle, Hermes Caleche - as I don't like sweet floral fragrances very much. You might want to check out some white floral / light musk scents like Philosophy Amazing Grace.
Good luck with the new job!