Code of Conduct

Default La Nuit by Paco Rabanne

Hello everyone.

I`m wondering how many of you has had experiences with this scent? I`m always looking for those "extreme" scents, and I`m seriously considering to purchase this one...
    Luca Turin said it`s the most animalistic scent ever, and for instance Marlen (scenteur7) said this is very suitable for men also...

What do you think? Is this worth a blind buy, and how well do you think I would be able to pull it off?
    Could you describe this scent for me..? Is there any comparisons?

And if there`s any gentlemen to see this post, who has some experiences, please do tell me.

Thanks in advance! :-*

Default Re: La Nuit by Paco Rabanne

La Nuit is a wonderful scent and has often been mentioned favorably on Basenotes. I would put it in the chypre category, and it could easily be described as animalistic, but I don't think overly so. If ever there was a gender neutral perfume, this one is it. Possibly had it been created by one of the more exclusive houses, I think it would have become a "classic." In my humble opinion, it is a perfect chypre.

JAG

JAG, thank you for your reply. My curiosity is rising even more...

summer means fireflys

La Nuit is wonderful! *On my skin, it's a little bit floral, a little bit fruity (thanks to a luscious plum note), a little bit animalistic, and a lot leather-y! *I love all things leather, and this is my newest leather fragrance to my collection. *Serious leather lovers should give this a try.

I bought it here: http://www.tuccini.com/productdetail...UIT&attr=W

For a little over $10 for 1 oz, it's a great buy! *
    I've trademarked the color bleu

^^^^

I thought I`ve seen it all, but I`ve never heard of this one before. Thanks for that link. Prices are reasonable, at least.
    Of course, ordering overseas is always a bit of a risk: Seriously, bad custom task suprises can happen.
    Such a shame that all of these best online stores are located in the U.S. (or in Asia)

Michael Edwards lists this a in the Dry Woods category - Rich group. The heart notes are Jasmine, Rose, Pepper and Peach. I was able to purchase a full bottle of the pure parfum, still in original box, on Ebay recently. I think this is absolutely one of the most spectacular fragrances I've experienced.

Other fragrances in the Dry Woods category are smoky, leathery, tea type fragrances such as: Bulgari: Black, Caron: Tabac Blond, Chanel: Cuir de Russie, Gres: Cabochard and Robert Piguet: Bandit. From the niche fragrance houses Dry Woods include Annick Goutal: Duel, Bond No.9: H.O.T. Always, Il Profumo: Vetiver de Java, L'Artisan Parfumeur: Dzing, Serge Lutens-Palais Royale Shiseido: Cuir Mauresque, Serge Lutens: Daim Blond All of these are terrific fragrances. I have tried most of these. I like La Nuit and Cuir de Russie best. La Nuit is a much bigger fragrance but Cuir de Russie is utterly gorgeous.

Pidg

If I'm not mistaken... when I first tripped on this site trying to locate a source for the only 2 parfums I wear;

the only time the name, "Secrete Datura" * MPG came up was under YOUR name as what you were wearing that day!

While I'm unable to find a lead (on the parfum) anywhere here; your big smiling face would be looking back at me EACH DAY , as

"Secrete Datura!!" would be there under your name.

The answer to your question is:

YOU can wear ANYTHING!!!

(Thanks for your sweet message to my still stupid question). *Now, I just listen & try to learn, but had to jump in on this one!

Michelle

Overcome By Fumes

NOT the most animalistic fragrance EVER to my nose, but I quite like it too. A leathery chypre with some creamy floral notes on top, and then a smooth leather undertone--very wearable for a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    NOT the most animalistic fragrance EVER to my nose, but I quite like it too. A leathery chypre with some creamy floral notes on top, and then a smooth leather undertone--very wearable for a guy.
    Hey doc, I`m quite suprised that also you found some leather in this scent. I don`t think it`s leathery at all. To me it`s just soft honeyed woods, with some fruity floral notes there along.

I received this few weeks ago, and I haven`t been able to wear it outside. Not a single time. But, I very much enjoy this from time to time at my home, on me, and also on my gf. [smiley=happy.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle signature lost
    Pidg

If I'm not mistaken... when I first tripped on this site trying to locate a source for the only 2 parfums I wear;

the only time the name, "Secrete Datura" MPG came up was under YOUR name as what you were wearing that day!

While I'm unable to find a lead (on the parfum) anywhere here; your big smiling face would be looking back at me EACH DAY , as

"Secrete Datura!!" would be there under your name.

The answer to your question is:

YOU can wear ANYTHING!!!

(Thanks for your sweet message to my still stupid question). Now, I just listen & try to learn, but had to jump in on this one!

Michelle

:-*

Overcome By Fumes

If this ain't leather, what is?

ALL the reviews of the fragrance here at basenotes refer to leather, and that's what my nose calls forth in my mind as well.

Of course, if you want a really hearty leather, go for Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne (I love how the name is in French for an Italian fragrance referring to Spanish leather), which smells like they forgot to remove some of the flesh from the hide prior to tanning it.