Code of Conduct

Default Yves Rocher and lasting power (wow!)

Recently a wonderful swapper sent me a small bottle of Yves Rocher Neonatura Elevate and a full, large bottle of Yves Rocher Pure Desire de Lilas. I haven't tried anything from Yves Rocher other than these two, but I want to say that these two have remarkable lasting power. I wore the Elevate one day. I didn't like it, unfortunately, but it lasted like crazy. After several hours I sprayed something over it, and I still smelled it.

The Lilas is the same way. I've worn it two nights in a row, starting from early evening until my morning shower, and when I wake up it smells as fresh as if I just sprayed it. It's 4:20am here (I'm up early to finish some work - and chat with my Basenotes buddies) and my Lilas smells fresh and bright.

Why can't the Rosines have this kind of lasting power? [smiley=lolk.gif]

Default Re: Yves Rocher and lasting power (wow!)

That's good to know, Tovah. Thanks! :-) I think I'm going to order the gardenia scent that everyone says is so true to the real flower.

Yves Rocher's fragrances tend to have a decent lasting power on me too and I am always surprised to read the comments that state otherwise. How about 6-10 hours? Well, not compared to 24+ hours, but anyway. My skin in dry to normal, BTW, and I need a moisturiser on though.

A few years ago when I was in love with their Magnolia, three sprays were enough to keep me happy through the day. And try their orientals: Ispahan, Venice (both are becoming hard to find), Yria, Ode au Reve, Nature Millenaire, they last for sure! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    A few years ago when I was in love with their Magnolia, three sprays were enough to keep me happy through the day.
    I loved that one, too! My current YR fave is Néonatura parfum cocon.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Yves Rocher lilac is wonderful & long lasting. I bought it blind last year & totally flipped - it's the way you'd hope all French-made fragrances would last. I wear it over a drop or two of Attar Bazaar's Persian Lilac oil as I have very dry skin.
    I used to wear Rocher's Honeysuckle (Cheffreuville?) in the 70's & was sorry when they discontinued that.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaMae
    Yves Rocher lilac is wonderful & long lasting. I bought it blind last year & totally flipped - it's the way you'd hope all French-made fragrances would last. I wear it over a drop or two of Attar Bazaar's Persian Lilac oil as I have very dry skin.
    I used to wear Rocher's Honeysuckle (Cheffreuville?) in the 70's & was sorry when they discontinued that.
    Hi RitaMae,

I was just perusing the Yves Rocher site and I found that they do have a Chevrefeuille fragrance. It's in edt, body wash, and anti-perspirant. I don't know if it's the same Chevrefeuille from the 70s, though, as I've never tried anything from YR before last Saturday. I've been in the mood for honeysuckle so I'm going to order some of this. With these prices, I don't even care if I hate it! But I've heard the YR Honeysuckle (Chevrefeuille) is very true to the flower, and it's hard to find a true honeysuckle fragrance. It's worth a try. After my happy experience with Lilas, I definitely want to explore this line a bit.

It's still the same Chevrefeuille version as in the 70s but with an updated packaging.
    It's really cheap and good.

Another, much more expensive, good chevrefeuille is Jo Malone's Jasmine & Honeysuckle. Compaired to other Jo Malones, it has a good lasting power on my skin.

Tel Quel is another dynamo.

Good stuff and annoyingly very discontinued..............

Has anyone of you experience with Pur Desir de Gardenia? Is it worth to buy?

Thanks

anyone have the Yves Rocher Gardenia edt??Is the Pur Desir de Gardenia the same thing, thanks,
    [smiley=chanel.gif] ;D

I have the Gardenia by YR in the cream perfume. It's a lovely gardenia. I order the EdT on the recent sale at the YR website and it should be here this week. Many good things have been said about the quality of the Pur Deire line, so my hopes are high!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I have the EDT gardenia and the solid, and they're both very true-to-life with decent lasting power. My parents grow gardenias so I can make the claim this is a very nice realistic scent! *

I have just ordered Neonatura parfum cocoon from the YR
    website. So pleased to read that Tigrushka likes it!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I ordered the Gardenia edt and the Mimosa edt the other day. I'm looking forward to those, especially the gardenia since everyone says it's so true. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    I ordered the Gardenia edt and the Mimosa edt the other day. *I'm looking forward to those, especially the gardenia since everyone says it's so true. *:-)
    It's very true Sherrie. It's smells almost more like the real flower than a perfume.