Code of Conduct

Default Dislike the topnote but still like the fragrance?

I've tried Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise four times now - the first two on a test card and the last two on my skin. I hated it on the tester, but think I like it on me. However, when I tried it this morning, the topnote was an immediate turnoff - sort of a cat urine odor. But after it dried down a bit, it was much nicer. Now I don't know what to do. I think I like it enough to buy, but don't know how I'll survive the first 3 or 4 minutes after applying it.

I'll still try it a few more times before considering a purchase, but wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them and if you bought the fragrance anyway?

Default Re: Dislike the topnote but still like the fragran

Secrete Datura by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier, first 2-3 minutes kill me, but I love, love, love it after that. I just move quickly from room to room til all the notes settle down. Plus, I consider that quick burst of movement my cardio for the day. I wish that was a joke, but I'm really that lazy.

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely does the same thing for me. I cannot stand its extremely sweet topnotes; however, it dries down into a very beautiful musk. I have chosen not to buy it; I'd rather save my money for fragrances I love from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    *I have chosen not to buy it; I'd rather save my money for fragrances I love from beginning to end. *

Oooo, good answer! That's sort of what I'm feeling about this. And I'm unfortunately still pursuing this scent only because I love turquoise (the stone), and somehow feel compelled to like the fragrance named after it. Embarrassed to be attracted to the name this way, but at least able to admit it to myself.

Herb Lady at one time I loved emeralds so much I started wearing Emeraude. Later on, I really liked Dazzling Silver by Estee Lauder but wouldn't buy it because :-[ I didn't wear silver jewelry at the time. Your admission makes complete sense to me. We are just crazy. There, that feels good. Now you try... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Herb Lady at one time I loved emeralds so much I started wearing Emeraude. Later on, I really liked Dazzling Silver by Estee Lauder but wouldn't buy it because *:-[ I didn't wear silver jewelry at the time. Your admission makes complete sense to me. We are just crazy. There, that feels good. Now you try... ;D

Tinker - I felt the same way about Dazzling Gold, because I only wore silver jewelry! * ;D * *Still feel compelled to sample any fragrance with "pearl" in the name for the same reason - yes, I'm certifiable.