Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Your favorite sweet-and-low fragrances

I see shadesofbleu has gone "full-assault Angel today" (I love it when people hyphenate their compound modifiers *), and I've swamped myself in Mathias L'Eau de Figue. It got me thinking about the different deep, sweet frags that sing in a contralto or baritone voice, hardly touching notes above middle C. I think of New Haarlem in this category or Etro Heliotrope, Hypnotic Poison.

Which are your favorite frags that find their sweetness from caramel, chocolate, mocha, fig or other deep notes? Does this category virtually rule out flowers in favor of gourmand or woody elements? I think of Stella Rose Absolute as being of a very low pitch and mildly sweet (roses and amber). I always thought Casmir had a bakery-like drydown.

What say you, dearies?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Your favorite sweet-and-low fragrances

I've been on/off again with Angel over the years. Sometimes I must have Angel but most of the time I can't take the heavy patchouli hit. Miss Dior Cherie has floral notes over the strawberry & caramel. I guess that makes it not a "deep" gourmand fragrance. I like the fruitier lighter ones, I suppose. I didn't care for Pink Sugar, but I adore Innocent. I like Cacherel Amor Amor very much too. And anything almondy or marzipanish is great. Sets off my sweet tooth though! Love Hypnotic Poison.

My replacement for my years of Angel overdosing is MPG's SECRETE DATURA. The combination of heady flowers and chocolate - my perfume heaven. I will always have a stash of Pink Sugar, it makes me feel free somehow.... like I'm not suburban mom when I wear that ;D. And to make mr. tinker happy, Hanae Mori' Butterfly(blue). For some reason he LOVES it but I can't smell it, I have to bathe in it to even catch a whiff of myself.

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 and 100% Love are chocolate scents. The 100% Love by S-perfumes adds a rose note.

Then there's Osmanthus by TDC--not very strong, my bottle is off ebay and is a tester
    Orchidee Blanc by L'Artisan- a little powdery
    Black Orchid by Susan Lang- tolerable in the late drydown only to me
    La Myrhh by Serge Lutens- Meh
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens--OMG, special and wonderful. I have a bell, so plenty to share.

I don't care for a chocolate note, myself. I also didn't care for Black Orchid, or La Myrrh. So you might want to try these first, my scent opposite friend. ;D ;D ;D

I do very much like Osmanthus, Orchidee Blanc, and Encens et Lavande. But don't cross them off your list! They are very atypical frags for me.

You know nothing would give me more pleasure than to send you samples of all these! Heh, heh, especially the ones I didn't like. Actually, the whole decant of those need to go. La Myrrh I just have double samples of myself.

Please, spritz responsibly.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    You know nothing would give me more pleasure than to send you samples of all these! * *Heh, heh, especially the ones I didn't like. * Actually, the whole decant of those need to go.
    Yes, I know, you're my darling. But I'm just flapping my virtual lips on the subject right now. Besides, I'm not getting any easier to please--I've even become disenchanted with frags I used like, so that my wardrobe is actually shrinking. But I'm expecting three new samples next week, so hope springs eternal. To put a positive spin on my restlessness: If I ever became satisfied, maybe I wouldn't haunt basenotes and MUA ... and then what would I do with those extra 4 hours a day *;D !!!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Frapin 1270
    Annick Goutal Sables
    Villoresi Piper Nigrum
    Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles
    Christian Dior Eau Noire
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm an absolute sucker for Dinner By Bobo and KM Loukhoum. I wish Acqua di Parma Lavanda was more accessible because it's so lavender despite the fact that its notes are otherwise (but doesn't last very long, dang it).
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

KM Loukhoum and Angel the Lily for my Sweet and Low favourites.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I've discovered Herve Leger lately, and it's one of the sweetest fragrances that I use. I find it very comforting when it's cold and rainy. A lot of vanilla!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

i find burberry brit red really sweet, creamy and comforting, like your mother's fresh baked cookies on a bad day. also carolina herrera's carolina is just the right amount of sweet and sexy warmth for me.

I have a lot of the sweet stuff... I adore Angel of course, and then there's Addict, Pink Sugar, Herve Leger, Trouble, Chergui, and so many more ...

I found another sweetie today, L de Lolita Lempicka. I MUST buy this!! It's a deep, rich, carmel-y vanilla, sprikled with cinnamon, but it's also a little woody, a little salty and that keeps it from going way overboard with the sweetness. I'm really smitten with it right now.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Two of my faves are Gloria and *LouLou by Cacharel...

But there are a lot more...

Burberry (caramelly and smooth with peach)
    Burberry Brit (almondy delight!!!)
    Burberry Brit Red (creamy and smooth)
    Herve Leger (ohh so caramelly)
    Connexion (whipped cream, vanilla and patchouli with *wild blackberries)
    Deep Night(very chocolately)
    Prada (hot chocolate)
    Casmir (hot chocolate with caramel....)
    Mauboussin (just positively yummy)
    Tocade (I find very sweet and very caramelly as I do Desire by Dunhill)
    My Queen (almonds with loads of licorice!)

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Right now it`s Pure Purple (Boss), Gaultier 2, and Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Angel, Loukhoum and Premier Figuier, for three shades of the same kind of mood
    [smiley=azn.gif]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Dreams
    Two of my faves are Gloria and *LouLou by Cacharel...

But there are a lot more...

Burberry (caramelly and smooth with peach)
    Burberry Brit (almondy delight!!!)
    Burberry Brit Red (creamy and smooth)
    Herve Leger (ohh so caramelly)
    Connexion (whipped cream, vanilla and patchouli with *wild blackberries)
    Deep Night(very chocolately)
    Prada (hot chocolate)
    Casmir (hot chocolate with caramel....)
    Mauboussin (just positively yummy)
    Tocade (I find very sweet and very caramelly as I do Desire by Dunhill)
    My Queen (almonds with loads of licorice!)
    Oh my! You are sounding like a gal after my own heart ... and you have caused a few more full grown lemmings for me as well! ;D You make them all sound delicious! *drool*

My sweet, low (and mostly foody / gourmand) scents are:

Cacheral Gloria (boozy amaretto)
    Guerlain Shalimar (gorgeous citrus / vanilla cookie combo, especially the Shalimar eau legere)
    TBS Altaro (smoothy creamy almond incense)
    Dunhill Desire (smooth, woody vanilla with spice. Unusual liqourice note also!)
    TBS Amorito (warm mouthwatering floral tinged milk chocolate)
    FM Musc Ravageur (pure smoky chocolate with a smooth lavandin top note)
    Fendi Fantasia (Similar to TM Angel but lighter on the patchouli)
    Organza Indecence (Smooth boozy vanilla with cinnamon)
    Guerlain AA Winter Delice(wonderful gingerbread delight with a touch of snow and pine)
    Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant (Plum pudding including spices!!)
    Casmir (Vanilla rich rice pudding with cinnamon, very sweet and very caramelly similar to Desire by Dunhill, another favourite)
    Dior Addict (similar to Casmir but more adult and sexy)
    Dinner by Bobo (The cardamom takes a centre stage citrus spice role for much of this scent but then there is the amazing plum pudding accord to support and end)
    SL Un Bois Vanille (creamy sweet vanilla similar to my L'Artisan Vanilia but without the 'smoke')
    TBS Vanilla Spice - (true foody vanilla with cinnamon very moreish)
    Rochas Femme (gorgeous french pastry (almond slice) which lasts forever)
    YR Vanilla Bourbon (warm balsamic pure vanilla pod smell)
    Givenchy Pi for men (warm fresh vanilla pie crust aroma over woody base)
    Guerlain Heritage (again with the woody spiced vanilla!)

There are more but I think I'd better quit whilst I am way ahead! And the thing is - I would never class myself as a gourmand / sweet / foody kind of gal! LOL! ;D

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *