Code of Conduct

Default Sacrebleu frag PDN vsDSH thoughts thanks

[corlo=purple] Some people love Sacrebleu. It is made by PDN but Sarah Hurwitz makes one that may be similar,anyone tested either or both, thanks,appreciate your help,[/color]
    *[smiley=chanel.gif]

Default Re: Sacrebleu frag PDN vsDSH thoughts thanks

Well, I haven't tested either one! But I did do a little investigation and learned a bit.

Patricia de Nicolai is niece to JP Guerlain and she makes --

Sacrebleu -- longstanding favorite of Catherine Deneuves, these notes are garnered from several sources

top: fresh green note, black current, carnation

mid: raspberry, peach blossom, Indian jasmine, hyacinth, tuberose

base: amber, vanilla, tonka bean, cinnamin, clove, Yemenese incense

Comments seem to say a well blended, peachy, spicy tuberose on a vanilla and incense base

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz makes one that might be similiar --

Cimabue (Chim-a-boo-way)

top: bergamot, bitter orange, cardamon seed, clementine, Italian neroli, lemon, nutmeg

mid: carnation absolute, cinnamon, clove, Egyptian rose geranium, jasmine grandiflorum, honey, beeswax, Morrocan rose absolute,
    mysore sandalwood, saffron absolute, tuberose absolute

base: ciste absolute, East Indian sandalwood, labdanum, oppopanax (this would be frankencense--an incense note), Siam benzoin,
    Tahitian vanilla, Tamil Nadu sandalwood, vanilla absolute

This Cimabue is the closest match of all DSH scents, with all the key notes of Sacrebleu, but adding probably quite a bit more citrus up

top and lots more sandalwood, in both the heart and base. But the essential green, spicy tuberose on a base of vanilla and incense seem

to be there.

A nice little puzzle!

Please, spritz responsibly.

Sacrebleu is so lovely and delicate- a dainty, misty kind of floral on me with light lasting power.

In my experience, DHS oils (I haven't tried her EdTs or EdPs) are more interpretations rather than copies of certain fragrances. Also, whatever she uses in her base always ends up smelling the same on me and overpowers delicate dryouts.

If you're really a Parfums de Nicoli fan, I'd say go for the real stuff.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

thanks for answering [smiley=chanel.gif]

I love Sacrebleu! I don't like the DSH Cimabue at all. You must be on my wavelength because yesterday I was just thinking I need to order another sample of Sacrebleu and that I may eventually buy a bottle of it. Go for the Sacrebleu!

Here is a link to Sarah Horowitz-Thran's website. She is the perfumer for Creative Scentualization. I'm not sure which of her fragrances may be similar to Sacrebleu.

http://www.creativescent.com/journey/journey.asp

Ah, a bit of new information! I didn't know about Sarah Horowitz-Thran, or that she founded Creative Scentualization. Thanks for the link, Tovah--I think.... It just makes me want her Perfect Gardenia!

Shy - YOU haven't tried Perfect Gardenia yet? I so wish I had some to send you. You've gotta try this one. It's truly a gorgeous, rich gardenia that's right up your alley. Perfect Veil is beautiful, and Perfect Nectar is a great warm weather fragrance. I definitely recommend giving these a try.

;D Tovah, I was JUST on site, (I think beautysak.com or your-cosmetics.com, not too sure I was bouncing around alot) and I was looking at Perfect Gardenia and wondering if I should just order unsniffed because it sounds fantastic. I came back to Basenotes and saw it mentioned, I think it's destiny for me to buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Shy - YOU haven't tried Perfect Gardenia yet? I so wish I had some to send you. You've gotta try this one. It's truly a gorgeous, rich gardenia that's right up your alley. Perfect Veil is beautiful, and Perfect Nectar is a great warm weather fragrance. I definitely recommend giving these a try.

Yes, a shocking oversight on my part! ;D