Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Angelica Noir

Do any of you have an opinion of this fragrance? There are no reviews, and the one post I've seen about it has called it "disappointing." I've tried a sample and am on the fence--one minute I love it, the next I find it too cloying. I know everyone's experience is different, but I'd love to hear from some of you!

Thanks,

Laurel

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain Angelica Noir

Here's one description of this fragrance:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/1447833.html

Try googling around using the name "Angelique Noir."

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Wish I had the same access you have to new Guerlain frags. I'd like to stick the new Cuir Beluga under my nose for a sampling.
    I don't want to. I don't have to. You can't make me. I'M RETIRED.

Angelique Noire is a peculiar scent. I think I agree with Turin that it feels as if "made in a hurry" - not that refined for a L'Art & la Matière. But it's still a quite delicious mix between Guerlain's famous citrus and vanilla theme. What makes it weird is that it features pear - and quite vividly and strongly! Quite bitter up top, and candied citrus, and then a musky vanilla drydown a la Cuir Beluga. I wore it five times and got quite tired of smelling it. The bitter-green pear top combined with vanilla was just... too much and too long-lasting somehow.

Mr. G - I agree that the bitter-green top with vanilla combination is a bit hard to take.. and VERY long lasting! I could smell vanilla-musk on my clothing and skin 48 hours after application. Angelique Noire's development is incredible, though... I also get a strange dough-yeast note in it. Angelique Lilas in the AA series is a better portrayal of the floral aspect overall, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Angelique Noire is a peculiar scent. I think I agree with Turin that it feels as if "made in a hurry" - not that refined for a L'Art & la Matière. But it's still a quite delicious mix between Guerlain's famous citrus and vanilla theme. What makes it weird is that it features pear - and quite vividly and strongly! Quite bitter up top, and candied citrus, and then a musky vanilla drydown a la Cuir Beluga. I wore it five times and got quite tired of smelling it. The bitter-green pear top combined with vanilla was just... too much and too long-lasting somehow.

Interesting; I tried this just a couple of days ago. It changes as it develops. It starts green, with an herbal note, and it progresses into what seemed a gourmand dry-down. I wouldn't describe it as "noir" although it is not light or fresh. I agree it is very long lasting.