Code of Conduct

Default Youth Dew - never say never!

Youth Dew and I never really hit it off. I like it because I like the type of fragrance, but when I wore it on my own skin the patchouli took over and bullied out all other notes. Same thing with Youth Dew Amber Nude. Same thing with Angel, actually, which I occasionally wear anyway when I'm in the mood. Anyway, recently, I read a thread on POL about Youth Dew, and everybody was raving about how superior Youth Dew bath oil is to the other forms of the fragrance, and how the bath oil was the original creation, meant to be used as bath oil or perfume oil. So I decided to try it, and it has made a believer out of me. The bath oil truly is superior, imo. There is a vanilla softness with the woodsiness and spiciness. The scent if subtler and closer to the body. I can't keep my nose away from my wrist. I'm just so pleased with my new purchase, and wanted to share my news: I now finally "get" Youth Dew. :-) Loving this stuff! P.S. It's cheap.

Default Re: Youth Dew - never say never!

LEMMING ALERT!! ;D I have to ask, did you use as a perfume oil on pulse points or pour it in the bath water? My tub is so tiny, I wouldn't be able to use that way. I read something about the bath oil , can't remember where- but it sang the praise of the bath oil. I get so excited over bath products... home with a toddler all day looong, a good shower is like a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    LEMMING ALERT!! *;D I have to ask, did you use as a perfume oil on pulse points or pour it in the bath water? My tub is so tiny, I wouldn't be able to use that way. I read something about the bath oil , can't remember where- but it *sang the praise of the bath oil. I get so excited over bath products... home with a toddler all day looong, a good shower is like a vacation.
    Yes, I used it as a perfume oil on my wrists and neck. Not much is required and it's quite long lasting, I guess because it's an oil. I rarely take baths, just don't have the time really, though wish I did take the time more often. I'm going to try it after showering, too. Oil seems like the way to go for me right now. My skin has been rather dry lately. Drinking lots of water, so that's not it. :-/

Ladylonestar

If you want a glimpse of how magnificent the original Youth Dew was, then you should try the perfume -- the pure parfum. Even today's bath oil is not quite up to snuff to the original and it's quite watery (or less thick and oily) than that of old. I bought the parfum just before Christmas. It'll bring tears of joy to your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    If you want a glimpse of how magnificent the original Youth Dew was, then you should try the perfume -- the pure parfum. *Even today's bath oil is not quite up to snuff to the original and it's quite watery (or less thick and oily) than that of old. *I bought the parfum just before Christmas. *It'll bring tears of joy to your eyes. *
    Oh no! I had no idea there was such a thing! Now you've done it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    If you want a glimpse of how magnificent the original Youth Dew was, then you should try the perfume -- the pure parfum. ... I bought the parfum just before Christmas. It'll bring tears of joy to your eyes.
    Ladylonestar, now I want to experience what you experienced with your Youth Dew! I've never smell YD, but I love trying older fragrance gems. Did you buy an older bottle or a recently made bottle?