Code of Conduct

Default Lemon or verbena scent?

I'm looking for a really terrific lemon or lemon verbena scent, and would love suggestions. *What I'd like is something that really smells mostly or entirely of lemon. *I've used L'Occitane's verbena before, and also Caswell Massey's verbena, both of which I like, but am looking for other suggestions. *I actually prefer CM, as I think it has the stronger lemon note and lasts longer.

My absolute favorite WAS Carthusia's Mediterraneo, before they changed the formulation a few years ago. *It smelled like a pure lemon leaf and was fantastic. *Now it has the addition of green tea, which I feel downplays the lemon too much.

I'm not worried about smelling like furniture polish; I really like lemon, especially in the summer. *There's a thread on the men's fragrance category about this topic(http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...8969;start=all) , but I'm also looking for women's scents.

Thanks!

Default Re: Lemon or verbena scent?

Etro has a perfume called Lemon Sorbet. I have never had the pleasure of sniffing, but I don't think it's a sweet scent despite the name. Ava Luxe also has a scent called Bergamont which has notes of bergamont, lemon and grass . Oh! Annick Goutal has a new one Mandragore. It's lemony, refreshing and I like it alot.

I've seen Eau de Verveine by HEELEY at luckyscent, but I haven't sampled it yet. It sounds very fresh and lemony though.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

A few years ago L'Artisan's summer special edition release was Zeste d'Eté, and it was a lemon scent, fruit, leaf, and wood. All from the lemon tree. Neat, but not a knockout against other scents. Still, if you can find it it might be exactly what you want.

When I read your subject line I thought right away of suggesting Molinard's Vervienne en Fleurs, but that isn't verbena or lemony enough for you--it tilts and dries very much a floral. If you want to try out men's verbena/lemon scents try YSL Pour Homme for verbena and Nina Ricci's Signoricci for citrus/woods. They're both great.

I like CM's Verbena too and will wear it this summer. But I wish it would last longer (of course that's the standard verbena complaint).
    Best!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Beautyhabit is accepting pre-orders for the Anthousa personal scent collection including Citrus Sorbet the notes given by NowSmellThis -bergamont, lemon, mandarin, basil, mint, jasmine, neroli, musk and tonka. I don't know if they have any samples but I'd loved to try it!

Have you tried Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. That's the classic lemon scent, if you ask me!

L'Occitane Verbena, Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca, Rosine Zeste de Rose, Miller Harris Citron Citron

I forgot - Body Time ( the original owners of the name"The Body Shop&quot have Lemon Verbena. I have ordered from them before. Good prices and you could get the body products in that scent too. www.bodytime.com

Fresh has Lemon Sugar....
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by annickaddict
    Have you tried Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. *That's the classic lemon scent, if you ask me!
    I tried this one a couple of years ago. I don't recall it exactly, but remember that it was nice. But my original Mediterraneo by Carthusia had such an outstanding lemon aroma, that I really couldn't compare the two fairly. Guess I'll have to try it again - thanks for the reminder.

Thank you everyone for all of the responses to date. Trust me when I say it will be pure pleasure to sample so many recommended citrus scents!

If you like a little jasmine, white tea and Italian lime with your lemon, Element of Surprise is excellent.
    http://tinyurl.com/rqb46
    Also, just today I received a surprise package from a fragrance friend. One of the items was a bottle of iPdF Limone di Sicilia. Gorgeous! She suggested I try layering it with a little Vanilla, Mandarin & Bourbon from Antica Farmacista. Wow! Sweet citrus delight!!
    http://www.beautyhabit.com/product2334.html

I wear verbena often in the summer and am partial to Caswell Massey's for a pure verbena, or Dior's Eau Sauvage, YSL's Pour Homme or Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud when I want a more complex brew. Monsieur Givenchy is something else you might want to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman
    If you like a little jasmine, white tea and Italian lime with your lemon, Element of Surprise is excellent. *
    Herb Lady if you want a sample of Element of surprise by Beth Terry just email me, you have my email address.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    [quote author=socalwoman link=1146512672/0#10 date=1146681037]If you like a little jasmine, white tea and Italian lime with your lemon, Element of Surprise is excellent. *
    Herb Lady if you want a sample of Element of surprise by Beth Terry just email me, you have my email address.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"[/quote]

Vijay, thank you for such a nice offer! I would love to try this and will email you.

Herb Lady

Just thought of Les Parfums de Rosine Un Zest de Rose. Very lemony - much more so than rose. It's really uplifting and refreshing.

Hi -- Bath & Body Works has Couvent de Minimes Lemon Verbena products, which combine both of these scents. Very subtle, dry and pretty.

To add a few scents:

Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal has a delicious Verbena opening. Smelling the verbena still in he bottle through the valve is quite addicting... :-)

Verveine by L'Ocitanne is also a good Verbena scent, but a bit too sweet for my tastes.

Cedrat by Roger&Gallet has a refreshing lemon note and is good for real hot weather.

Le Petit Prince's scent!
    There are 2 versions one with alcohol and the other sans.

It's both Lemon and Verbena (which i think it's ...lemony! )

O de Lancôme is a bright fresh-green chypre with strong citrus top notes. Maybe it will please you.

I always thought that the original Clean smelled like lemon furniture polish. Well, that's how it smelled on me.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Monsieur de Givenchy
    Villoresi Uomo
    Two must try if you're looking for lemon and verbena

Monsieur Balmain

Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien is the most simple, realistic, un-sweet lemon, like the juice squeezed into ice-water.

Guerlain Jicky is lemon-based, creamy, animalic, herbal, vanillic, and so much more. Not straight lemon by any means, but most enjoyable.

Ayala Moriel has a lovely lemon scent called Gemini, and it's 100% natural:
    Top notes: Lavender, Lemon
    Heart notes: Lemongrass
    Base notes: Oakmoss, Musk Notes
    Very nice fragrance. Not many people have tried it, but I have, and I recommend it. On half-price sale through the end of the month.

Try Lux by Mona di Orio. It begins a with a burst of bright fizzy lemon which gets mellower and darker as the hours pass. The longeveity is superb. However, it's not for you if you just want something that smells always fresh.

Shelley Kyle is *too lemony* for me, I have a new one ounce bottle of EDP I'm not using, if interested. Sprayed a couple of times, still full. I was going to sell it on Ebay after Christmas. It is a boudoir type perfume, but no other notes stand out except the lemon. It smells elegant, not like furniture polish.

http://www.shelleykyle.com/shekyl.htm
    Last edited by beachroses; 18th December 2007 at 08:03 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Acqua Viva by Profumum. It's lemon top notes are fantastically realistic to the smell of lemon peel zest, its made me giggle the first time I smelled it. However it's WAY expensive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by annickaddict View Post
    Have you tried Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. That's the classic lemon scent, if you ask me!
    Totally agree.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries

"Verveine" (verbena) by Provence Santé -- lovely!

I like this better than B&BW's Le Couvent de Minîmes "Verbena & Lemon", but the B&BW one is more lemony and less verbena.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 23rd December 2007 at 12:00 AM.

I second Citron Citron by Miller Harris. Mona di Orio's Lux is too lemon sherbet for me.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

To help round out this thread, I must nominate:

Bourbon French Eleftorea, which is available in perfume strength so it doesn't fade as quickly as many other lemon fragrances do.