Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a scent for my Mother!

Hey I'm looking for a scent for my Mom. Something I could buy blind and there would be a good chance she would like it. She is in her early 40's but appears very young. She wears the same clothing as my sister who is 26. Summer is coming up and she is often out on the water. Something nice and casual for the summer is what I am looking for.

Default Re: Looking for a scent for my Mother!

What perfumes does she currently wear?

Most of us (myself included) can't help you otherwise.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Overcome By Fumes

Alexandra de Markoff Alexandra

I think it is funny how 3 males are responding before any women!! My mom loves to wear Brit, Emporio She, and Lolita Lempicka. Maybe you will find one in there. Good luck!!

EnvYuS

My mother who is 59, very youthful and not at all into perfume called me up the other day for my expert opinion on a sample she had smelled in a magazine and instantly fell in love with. The perfume was none other than Calvin Klein's Euphoria. I have to say she is not the first person to comment on having a strong positive reaction to this fragrance. If your mother is a non floral type with a preference towards more exotic orientals like my mom is this might be a good choice. They have a special right now at Macys on a Euphoria 3 piece gift set that includes a 1.7 edt, a large size shower gel and body lotion for 65.00. Pretty good deal.

Guess what my mom is getting for mothers day??

GraySwan

For a young mother like yours and the one who would be spending a lot of time "on the water", please let me suggest:

-- Pleasures Intense (a burst of happiness, more interesting than Pleasures);
    -- CK Truth (capricious on different skins, but if it "hers" she would love it!);
    -- and if finances allow -- La Rose de Rosine (my mama will be getting it for her birthday in November).

Test, sniff and try all of them before investing into a large bottle. Good luck!

Perhaps Sensi?
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

She might like the youthful, yet classic smelling Champs Elysées by Guerlain. It's a sunny, optimistic and easy to wear floral based on mimosa. Treat her with the longlasting edt and matching bodylotion.

I recommend Lacoste pour Femme by Lacoste (what else). I mean "pour Femme", not "for Momen", that's a different fragrance. I've recently rediscovered it for myself, when looking for a casual soft scent I could wear everytime I'd feel I need to wrap myself in smth light. I also had warm spring/summer days in mind. I've become a lot of positive feedback, and I love it on other people. It seemes to be very friendly to any body chemistry.
    You can have alook at it at
    http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...&LANGUE=en
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

You can email me if you want to try Mare, I think it is a perfect summer scent and if she does not like it..........well it is Unisex, you can wear it. I wear it a lot here in sunny Florida .

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    She might like the youthful, yet classic smelling Champs Elysées by Guerlain. .
    I brought a bottle of this back from a duty free shop somewhere -- based on recommendations from the clerk in the store... Cloying is the way I would describe this cologne... It's very heavy to me... and maybe it's my chemistry -

Your mom sounds active, so I'd perhaps suggest something light... Happy by Clinque, Calyx by Prescriptives, Sui Dreams by Anna Sui is very lovely... and my all time favorite summer scent -- Pleasures by Estee Lauder..

;D 8-) : :P
    Chanel Gardenia and or Lovely are both very nice

Please tell us more about herself otherwise we'll still be shooting blanks in the air!

anyways here i go: D&G's light blue or even Sicily, guerlain's après l'ondée, lacoste's a touch of sun, escada's escada (2005)...
    what do you say?