Code of Conduct

Default Can you tell me the notes of this citrus scent?

I'm not sure I'm allowed to ask this, but does anyone have a listing of all of the notes of Mediterraneo by Carthusia? *I don't know if anyone also has an older Michael Edwards reference, because this scent was changed a few years ago to include green tea. *It has a strong lemon leaf component, but there are probably other notes in there too. *So I wonder if anyone knows what was in this scent both before and after it was altered?

Thank you - I'd greatly appreciate it. *I'm looking for a new lemon scent to replace it and would like to know what appealed to me, in case there were other notes too. *

Default Re: Can you tell me the notes of this scent?

Don't have more info about the exact notes, I'll I know is that most Carthusia scents were re-created (and re-formulated) by Laura Tonatto.

Default Re: Can you tell me the notes of this citrus scent

Herb Lady,

I have this line at the store. I have a catalog in the store (Am at home right now) I will also call the distributor of Carthusia and find out if she knows, or she can point me in the right direction for the old notes. Please do me a favour and email me at maisondeparfum@ij.net tomorrow, this way I wont forget.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Vijay, thank you for your offer. I will do so immediately!

Herb Lady

This is the information I got from The US sales manager. According to her the composition has not changed, I am waiting for the US marketing manager's call. I will find out more about this.

Meanwhile here are the notes on Mediterraneo.

Top Notes: * * Green Tea, Verbana, Lemon, Bergamot

Heart Notes: * Jasmine, Rose, Iris

Base Notes : * Cedar, Vetiver

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    This is the information I got from The US sales manager. According to her the composition has not changed, I am waiting for the US marketing manager's call. I will find out more about this.

Meanwhile here are the notes on Mediterraneo.

Top Notes: * * Green Tea, Verbana, Lemon, Bergamot

Heart Notes: * *Jasmine, Rose, Iris

Base Notes : * Cedar, Vetiver

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Vijay,

Thank you for the information about the notes and publishing them here. *I thought I'd detected a light dry down of cedar along with the green tea top note, but wasn't sure and also wasn't sure what else was now in this fragrance. *The other floral notes really surprised me.

However, the US Sales Manager was incorrect - Mediterraneo WAS changed a few years ago and I was told so by Carthusia in Italy. *In Spring 2004 I had ordered another bottle of the scent from a boutique in NYC, and when it arrived *and I smelled it, I knew something was off. * *The packaging was identical, except that I think it didn't say lemon or lemon leaf on it or something...I'd have to get my old bottle to check this. *By the store manager absolutely insisted there hadn't been a change in the scent, so I emailed Carthusia and at that time they replied that Mediterraneo had been changed about two years before. It was now composed of lemon leaves and sparking notes of green tea, while the first fragrance was just lemon.
    So that would mean it was altered about 2002. *I never thought to ask them about the notes at the time, thinking that they were only lemon leaf prior to the change; the original one was that lemony. *In all fairness, Carthusia was completely forthcoming about the fact that they changed it. *But as I'd love to know what was in Mediterraneo before the change so that I could find a good substitute, I'm revisiting the issue. *Thank you very, very much for your detective work! *I look forward to hearing if there's any information on the notes of the old formulation.

Herb Lady *

I will find out more about this, now I am curious too :-/.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"