Code of Conduct

Thread: Chanel Reve

Default Chanel Reve

Okay, so I tried to searh for this on the boards, but couldn't come up with any information, so before the vigilantes come, I at least tried, alright?

Anyways, I'm curious if there's any information on this new Chanel fragrance. Now Smell This has it listed as Chanel Reve, yet I can't find anymore information on this. Is this all we have to play with now, a name?
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: Chanel Reve

I saw that too a few months ago on the net. Now, I don't remember if it was also on Nowsmellthis...
    You could try to e-mail Robin from Nowsmellthis for more info.

Or maybe Marlen/Senteur7 (who is also a contributor to NST) could help us out.

I really wouldn't mind if there was a new Chanel coming soon. I just hope it doesn't have the same accord as Coco Mlle, Chance and Allure Sensuelle.

I totally agree with cedriccentric, this chanel trilogy of scents got old fast! but they still sell by the truckloads anyways... we frag-fans want more diversity and high quality added to it! I love coc mdslle, but i am no fan of chance and allureS. (but i respect them ...somewhat)
    bring it on chanel!

I heard the name wasn't confirmed yet. Chanel usually have names that can be pronounced in both French and English. I wonder if Chris Sheldrake is involved with the new fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    I heard the name wasn't confirmed yet. Chanel usually have names that can be pronounced in both French and English. I wonder if Chris Sheldrake is involved with the new fragrance?
    Probably. My bet: it will be Chanel's first entry into gourmands, done elegantly in the spirit of Chanel.

When Angel went from nowhere to knocking you out of the #1 spot in your home market and is challenging you in the US, you have to do something.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

A couple of months ago I've hear from Chanel SA @chanel boutique in Milan rumors about a new Rue Cambon exclusive scent to come out...
    I'm guessing if this one is the same I heard... So, not a market distibution scent but a new exclusive fragrance. After all the last ones were concocted in the 20's... Moreover, even if Chanel started it many many years ago, this policy will perfectly fit the new outcome wave of boutique high end scents (Armani privé, Dior Homme...). And Mr Shaldrake fits perfectly into this design (Polge never created a boutique exclusive scent afer all...)!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    A couple of months ago I've hear from Chanel SA @chanel boutique in Milan rumors about a new Rue Cambon exclusive scent to come out...
    I'm guessing if this one is the same I heard... So, not a market distibution scent but a new exclusive fragrance. After all the last ones were concocted in the 20's... Moreover, even if Chanel started it many many years ago, this policy will perfectly fit the new outcome wave of boutique high end scents (Armani privé, Dior Homme...). And Mr Shaldrake fits perfectly into this design (Polge never created a boutique exclusive scent afer all...)!

I'd tend to agree with this view. Chanel has had many mainstream scents in the past few years, so I imagine they plan to try and take back the boutique market. I think it would be wise to assume it will be a gourmand to challenge Angel, since both would have the limited market, high income demographic to fight for. With the launch of Allure Sensualle last year, I really can't see Chanel launching a new mainstream this fall. Chanel built itself as an everywoman's house, then into exclusive, back into more mainstream and I think the swing is being to go back towards exlusive. I could be entirely wrong about this, however.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I emailed Chanel about this and will let you all know what the response is.

Here is the response that I recieved from Chanel regarding Reve and whether they are going to release a new scent this fall :-/ I wish it were true

Dear Elisha,

Thank you for your follow-up e-mail regarding CHANEL fragrance. Per my
    e-mail on 4/24, we are not scheduled to launch a new Fall fragrance at
    this time.

The women's fragrance collection includes CHANCE, ALLURE, ALLURE
    SENSUELLE, CHANEL Nº5, CHANEL Nº22, CHANEL Nº19, COCO, CRISTALLE, COCO
    MADEMOISELLE and the Rue Cambon Fragrances, BOIS DES ISLE, GARDÉNIA and
    CUIR DE RUSSIE. Fragrances in the Rue Cambon Collection are sold
    exclusively through CHANEL Boutiques.

The men's fragrance collection includes ALLURE HOMME, ALLURE SPORT,
    PLATINUM ÉGOÏSTE, ÉGOÏSTE, POUR MONSIEUR and ANTAEUS.

To purchase CHANEL Fragrance, please visit the CHANEL Boutique at
    http://uma.chanel.com/home.php?tid=cr or your nearest CHANEL counter. To
    find the store location nearest you, please go to our Store Locator at
    http://www.chanel.com. Thank you for your continued interest in CHANEL.

Warm Regards,
    Stacey
    Consumer Relations
    CHANEL, Inc.

...and i got all excited for nothin' :P