Code of Conduct

Default Mother's day perfume in the same vein as "No. 5"?

Hey ladies,

I'm looking for a perfume similar in appeal to Chanel No. 5 to buy for my mom for her birthday/Mother's Day. She's turning 55 on May 6 and has always worn Chanel No. 5. She's fresh out of perfume and I'm debating whether to play it safe and just buy her another bottle of Chanel No. 5 or possibly buy something new for her to try. Any advice?

Also, if anyone has a bottle of Chanel No. 5 or another recommended perfume for sale, PM me!!

Thanks ladies!
    Roman 8-)

Default Re: Mother's day perfume in the same vein as "No.

Hi, Roman!

I think you should play it safe, and buy her another bottle of no. 5. I don`t know if she wears the Edt, EdP or perfume, but if you can afford it, I`d recommend perfume.
    If you buy EdT, maybe you could give her the matching body lotion? If she "always" have worn no. 5, and nothing else, I don`t think this is the right time for big surprises.

Good Luck!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I wouldn't get something different unless she has mentioned something. My brother gave me perfume as a present a few times, although they were nice, they weren't me. I wish he had asked what I liked because I couldn't tell him the truth about my surprises.

I've heard that No.22 is similar to No.5, but is it's own thing.

You could give her No. 5 Sensual Elixir to try, the new gel form of No. 5. Or buy her No. 5 in bath & body products for a change. Or give her what she usually wears in No. 5 along with some samples of different things to try. Nordstrom is great for samples, some of the Nordies stores will decant a fragrance (for free) into an atomizer that you buy. It's hard to make recommendations, but if she likes No. 5 she might also like Arpege.

I'd definately get her No 5 or one of the body products (as there quite a few). Perhaps the body cream, or the elixer would be a good way to go.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I think Caron's Infini could be something she'd enjoy.
    Top: Aldehyde Complex, Bergamot oil, Coriander, Neroli, Peach,

Middle: Carnation, Centifolia, Jasmin, Lily of the Valley, Orris, Rose, Ylang-Ylang,

Base: Ambrein, Civet, Musk, Sandal, Tonka, Vetiver,
    It shares many notes with Nu.5, and it has a similar aldehydic feeling to it. In a 70s way, though. But all the above-mentioned advices are also good,in case you want to take no risks.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Overcome By Fumes

Guerlain Apres L'Ondee

If you have the money, I would get her a miniature set, or an assortment of minis/samples, AS WELL as a small-ish bottle of No 5.