Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Visit to the Beauty Cafe

Okidokey, the server was down, so I am sharing my joy with the world today. I planned on visiting the store many months ago, but it finally happened yesterday. It takes about 20 minutes to get there from where I live, so many more visits are probably coming, too.

First, let me tell you all, the owner Lisa and her companion Michelle say "Hi" to everybody on the Basenotes and also that "they are behaving". ;D Lisa used to post here on a regular basis, now she can hardly find time because of running the store and internet business. Everybody can check them at beautycafe.com, and their delivery is free on all orders over $80.

Initially, I planned to get a bottle of Tilleul and leave, but of course it did not happen. With Mr.Timberwolf's "Don't look at me, get whatever you want!" and Lisa's "Play!", we spent an hour and a half there, and the first 15 minutes I was just in shock to see all the Bonds, L'Artisans, MPGs, D'Orsays, CSPs, Susanne Langs lined on the shelves. Their Violettes de Toulouse line is nice too, powdery and very life-like, and now since the manufacturer is changing the packaging, Beauty Cafe had only bath and body products available (nice gift for the upcoming Mother's Day, I think). They were also sold out on Geir -- their best-seller, who knew?! Their Abinoam line comes with old-fashioned sprayers and a silver sticker on the bottom of the box showing the fragrance notes, and my favorite of the line was Corason. We also tested the newest Bond Scent of Peace, a wonderful black currant and woods scent. Comptoir Sud Pacifique can be found cheaper online, but who could resist spraying and testing and comparing! I could not!

Anyway, my mentioning Basenotes gave me a 10 per cent discount at the checkout and a handful of samples, and I left with three new bottles and none of them was Tilleul! ;D People are nice and friendly to say the least, they know what they are doing (to me the honest effort at pronouncing the names correctly in French alone means a lot! ). Please visit them in person or online, if you can, perhaps you will find something you can't live without.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Visit to the Beauty Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Okidokey, the server was down
    I know. Wasn't that disturbing? I did some in-store sampling yesterday as well (nowhere near as glorious as your exposure at BC) and felt like I'd been locked out of my house when basenotes was offline last night.

Thanks for reporting on your experiences. Will have to check out the Scent of Peace. Please tell us it isn't too sweet???
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

It's so good to hear about such great customer service! I love Beauty Cafe. They always send friendly emails and ship really fast. I'm so glad you got to go to their store. I want to visit Texas just to go there!

Post Thanks / Like

No, it is not too sweet, it is well-rounded and longer lasting than Bond's usual fragrances, definitely unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf

Anyway, my mentioning Basenotes gave me a 10 per cent discount at the checkout and a handful of samples, and I left with three new bottles and none of them was Tilleul! * ;D *People are nice and friendly to say the least, they know what they are doing (to me the honest effort at pronouncing the names correctly in French alone means a lot! *). *Please visit them in person or online, if you can, perhaps you will find something you can't live without. *

I don´t think you said which scents you got?