Code of Conduct

Default New Leather Purse Smell

I love the smell of real leather. Boots, jackets, purses. (Possibly, this is part of why I used to date bikers ).

Anyway, I've got a new leather purse at the moment and it smells so good, I was wondering if there might be some fragrance that will conjure up that "new purse" smell? I'm not afraid to "cross sides" gender-wise, either.

Suggestions, please... I get my list and then hit the shops until I find something that suits me, hehehe....

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Default Re: New Leather Purse Smell

Bonni, you are not alone!! I also have a thing about leather -
    the smell that is. It dates back to my days of horse riding in my teens,
    crushes on the stable boy - I could go on...
    I love Cabochard (Gres), Daim Blond, Shiseido's Feminite du Bois,(no leather, but
    woodsmokey and gorgeous) and Cuir de Russie (Creed). Hope you find your
    heart's desire.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Daim Blond by Serge Lutens: a soft skin-like leather scent.
    Tabac Blond by Caron: the longest lasting leather scent on the market.
    Royal English Leather: after the mandarine topnotes have evaporated it's pure leather.
    Bel Ami by Hermes: a woody, mellow leather.
    Dzing by L'Artisan: a gourmand leather.

Than there is also that fantastic L'Artisan for Bottega Veneta candle and roomspray in Intreccio N1 (N2 smells of basil)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Bonni, I'm utterly in love with Dzing! but for its disappearing act on me. :'( I'm blazing through my decant as it is my go-to frag at bedtime. I moisturize my hands with frag-free stuff and then spray them with Dzing! Then I try to get comfortable in a way that puts this sweet stuff center stage, so to speak. I've got the other leather frags on my "to try" list to see if anything compares with this one's composition. It's so pretty in each of its stages, but gone too soon to make me completely satisfied.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Don't forget, there's always Demeter "Leather." And while you're in that ballpark, don't forget to check out their "Whiskey Tobacco." Or walk on the wild side & wear 'em all together! LOL [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Also, if compatible, I'd suggest "Bandit." Although I wear that with a white leather suit.

Well, this might sound crazy but AG Grand Amour reminds me of perfumed leather gloves, either very soft kid or suede ones. It reminds me of my mother's glove drawer when I was a child.

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania! A new bag is EXACTLY what I thought of when I first tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaMae
    Don't forget, there's always Demeter "Leather." And while you're in that ballpark, don't forget to check out their "Whiskey Tobacco." Or walk on the wild side & wear 'em all together! LOL [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    LOL! That would take me back to my days as a would-be biker chick! *giggle*

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Chanel Cuir de Russie has always had that lady's handbag association with me.

What you're looking for is Demeter's Riding Crop.

Pure, real new leather and nothing else.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with Tovah. Anglomania reminds me of the leather goods section in House of Fraser It's a lovely rosey leather scent!

Tom
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.