Code of Conduct

Thread: Eclat d'Arpege

Default Eclat d'Arpege

Eclat d'Arpege, Lanvin 2002
    Top note : Sicilian lemon leave, green lilac

Middle note : Wisteria blossoms, green tea leaves, peach blossom, red peony

Base note : White cedar, gentle musks, precious amber

Last summer I really enjoyed I Love Love Moschino Cheap&Chic, but it's empty now, and I'm thinking of getting Eclat d'Arpege instead. My other options would be La Chasse aux Papillon and Kenzo Summer.
    I would really appreciate your opinions and advices, as well as any other recommendations *:-*
    I tend to floral rather than fruity, and if fruity then fresh and not bonbon sweet, please!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Default Re: Eclat d'Arpege

Hi Audrey! I just had to say something here: i love eclat d'arpège but if you are mentioning those other frags, it might not be the one for you i mean, just cause you said that you like floral more than fruity and then fresh . eclat (wich it doesn't resemble the original or the reformulated arpège at all) has a very prominent white musk base (after the various stages of flowers and a rather metallic top) that's lovely but i wouldn't call it very fresh and on some people it just doesn't work so you are going to have to try it anyways.
    In that case, i would recommend SummerbyKenzo (fresher) or even Lalique's Tendre Kiss (not as fresh but very nice) wich is a better and very overlooked version of the many pink-fruity-florals. Another lalique would be Flora Bella wich is on the sweeter side but very nice as well. A cheapy that's floral-fruity-summery? Dalissime by S.Dalí. And if you can find Aquaflore by Carolina Herrera you might like it as well. Attraction Summer special edition is an ok scent as well. and Aqua di parma Capri Orange scented water screams spring! and what about un zeste de rose? and Caron's Miss Rocaille? Paris roses enchantées?
    hope that helped a bit!

Default Re: Eclat d'Arpege

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Hi Audrey! I just had to say something here: i love eclat d'arpège but if you are mentioning those other frags, it might not be the one for you i mean, just cause you said that you like floral more than fruity and then fresh . eclat (wich it doesn't resemble the original or the reformulated arpège at all) has a very prominent white musk base (after the various stages of flowers and a rather metallic top) that's lovely but i wouldn't call it very *fresh and on some people it just doesn't work so you are going to have to try it anyways. *
    It is quite tricky to express what on is looking for. I wouldn't mind musk, also white musk. Musk is fresh to me As is grapefruit. But citrus and Lemon, that's citrusy to me. I guess it's not the similar notes I'm looking for, but rather the whole impression. I've tried EdA once, and it reminded me strongly of ILoveLove. Different notes, but similar appearance!
    I'm glad to hear that you like EdA! I wonder where that metallic note comes from...green lilac+wisteria?
    Thanks for your suggestions. I know the Paris series and Attraction, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'll be checking the Laliques, Herrera and Dali. Parfums de Rosine look very promising, but I think I'll wait for my next rose quest with them
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.