Code of Conduct

Thread: Burberry London

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burberry London

This one has been probably already discussed, but somehow I couldn't find a topic about it.
    I mean the new female scent Burberry London.
    Top note : Tangerine, English Garden Rose, Honeysuckle

Middle note : Jasmine, Tahitian Tiare Flower, Peony

Base note : Sandalwood, Musk, Indian Patchouli

I've tested it twice, and I think I'm in love. Also love the "dressed" bottle, it is so "English humour" to me ;D
    I had a paper strip of it lying on my desc, and it smelled so good everytime I came close :-*

The only problem is that on the paper it stays floral, while on my skin it dries to smth reminding me of my Allure EdT:
    Top note : Bergamot, Mandarin, Peach
    Middle note : Rose, Jasmine, Water Lily
    Base note : Sandal, Vetiver, Vanilla

Have any of you tested this scent? Do you think it's possible that my skin sticks to those notes which are similar of both perfumes?
    And the final question, what should I do? ( Well...my Birthday is quite soon :P)
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by audrey
    Have any of you tested this scent?
    Yes, and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get myself a bottle of it (sooooon, my precious.... sooon).

Do you think it's possible that my skin sticks to those notes which are similar of both perfumes?
    Possibly. Chemistry is a strange thing.

On me, London is sweetish and very softly creamy. It's floralish, but more... well.... creamy. It reminds me of sweet cream, or flowers floating in cream (which sounds horrid, but would smell wonderful!).

Not very helpful, probably....

bonni

And the final question, what should I do? ( Well...my Birthday is quite soon :P)[/quote]
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

i just bought this today and it smells really great! i'm not sure yet if it's really "me," i tend to have short flings with fragrances but i'm hoping this is one i stick to. the bottle is really cute too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie31
    i just bought this today and it smells really great! i'm not sure yet if it's really "me," i tend to have short flings with fragrances but i'm hoping this is one i stick to. *the bottle is really cute too.
    Please tell me how it works on your skin. I had the experience that it wouldn't stay on my skin, and loses its floral qualities, but on the clothes it worked well.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

[quote author=Paulie31 link=1144948931/0#2 date=1145149461]i just bought this today and it smells really great! i'm not sure yet if it's really "me," i tend to have short flings with fragrances but i'm hoping this is one i stick to. the bottle is really cute too.
    Please tell me how it works on your skin. I had the experience that it wouldn't stay on my skin, and loses its floral qualities, but on the clothes it worked well.[/quote]
    it lasts pretty well on my skin(probably about 4 hours min.), which is nice since getting scents to last on me is usually a problem. i notice as i wear it more and more that it smells a bit more fresh than i noticed at first, i can't really explain it well. it remains pretty floral for the most part, but definitely really warm and a bit musky. sorry that's not particularly clear. :-?

First on my shopping list. I think it's wonderful (and I haven't been a fan of Burberry at all). I think it's a lovely scent. Go for it.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

I just tried this the other day and loved it - am thinking of purchasing it soon. But it also reminded me of something, but I thought it was the Burberry perfume, Society, which was discontinued several years ago. I wondered if it was a remake or perhaps I'm confusing it with another scent entirely.

But I thought London was warm and elegant and fresh and floral, all at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Lady
    I just tried this the other day and loved it - am thinking of purchasing it soon. *But it also reminded me of something, but I thought it was the Burberry perfume, Society, which was discontinued several years ago. *I wondered if it was a remake or perhaps I'm confusing it with another scent entirely.

But I thought London was warm and elegant and fresh and floral, all at the same time.
    The Society fragrance was a floriental with woody undertones. This new London is a real fresh floral in the lines of Pleasures.

Post Thanks / Like

I retested Burberry London today and now I know what it reminds me of: Pure Poison. Both fragrances share the same jasmin notes. Where Pure Poison is sharper in it's topnotes and more gardenia-like, Burberry London is softer and somewhat woodier.

My favorite Burberry is still the very woody and powdery Brit Gold.