Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default In praise of *l-o-n-g-e-v-i-t-y

It is so frustrating to find a scent one really likes, only to learn it's got no legs, no stamina, no follow-through, no endurance, no durability, no throw, no draft, no sillage, no staying power--spray, inhale, poof--I T ' S *G O N E !

Well, it really makes ya appreciate those goodies that do hang in there, stick the landing, go the distance, stay the course, and give you your gall-darned money's worth.

To that end, let's salute those formulae that not only smell good, but have supernatural staying powers.

Kudos to La Chasse aux Papillons, New Haarlem, Cucumber Baie.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: In praise of  l-o-n-g-e-v-i-t-y

stick to extraits! or EDP's only...some that last for ages: arpège, samsara, tabac blond, coco, and many others.

Default Re: In praise of *l-o-n-g-e-v-i-t-y

Some of my faves that actually do last and last are: Samsara, Addict, Gloria, Allure, Initial, Cabotine, Aromatic Elixer, Nu, Bellodgia, Blonde, Panthere, Black Cashmere, Casmir, Deep Night, Burberry Tender Touch, Chanel Chance, Burberrys,

only wish that my great loves like: Castelbajac, Cinema YSL, Crystal Noir, Apparition and many others, would have the same staying power!!!!

Default Re: In praise of  l-o-n-g-e-v-i-t-y

Opium. I find that if I shower with the scented shower gel, then put on the lotion, and then the EDT on top, it lasts and lasts and lasts. Just today I got in the car and got a whiff of Opium as I put on my seatbelt, from where the belt had rubbed on my perfumed neck last week some time!

;D

I also find that Dolce Vita, even in EDT form, has very good staying power on me, and so does Boudoir (which I have in EDP).

And for "stays on even after a shower" power, you can't beat Estee Lauder Super!

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Cool topic! Well have I ever shared my story about Allure with ya'll?
    Here it comes:

"I wore Allure many years ago, while in university - I think it made me feel more grown-up. Allure, a scent that was unforgettable; perhaps due to it's staying and lingering power Allure is a very nice scent, but really one must use it in moderation...as it can be a real knockout if too much is applied. And believe me when I say this; *please use Allure in moderation*, and know that I have not said that about any other fragrance. I wore Allure only behind my knees and on the inside of my ankles, so when the scent rose to my nose it would be just pleasant and never too much. That end of the summer and beginning of autumn, (beginning of my second year in university will always smell like Allure to me). Perhaps also because one day just before the winter arrived I left the Allure bottle in my car glove-compartment and the bottle leaked in the heat of an autumn afternoon. I came back from class, to find half-way in the parking lot, scent of Allure guiding me to my car. Let's just say that for the rest of the autumn I did not have a problem finding my car in any parking lot - the scent was OOHHH MY GOODNESS!!! But finally as it SLOWLY dwindled away and it took MANY months to dissipate believe me, the scent was once again bearable. The following spring and summer I could open my glove compartment and still the scent of Allure would rise out... I never bought another bottle of Allure, but I still have a very distinct memory of it. Allure is a beautiful scent if worn the right way "

Still now years and years later I think I just might be brave enough to get myself another bottle... well maybe Maybe I'd just get a smaller sample bottle for old times sake and enjoy that
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Dreams
    Cool topic! Well have I ever shared my story about Allure with ya'll?
    ;D ;D ;D
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.