Code of Conduct

Default Sex&the City:the results :)

WARNING: you might want to do the s&tc test first! Look among the previous topics.
    1. Mostly a) - CARRIE
    She is independent, open and creative. She has a good sence of humor, though quite ironic. She is a best friend to many people. Carrie is very communicative, she enjoys going out. She is always well informed about the latest trends in fashion and lifestyle.
    She wants a serious relationship but is afraid of losing her freedom. Her search goes on and she never stays still. Her style is as chameleon-like as her person, but she wouldn't follow blindly the trends, she interprets them in her way, creating new ones.
    Her astrological sign might be Aquarius, Aries or Gemini. Her controvercity asks for a complicated, different scent. She won't use what the rest of the world seems to enjoy!
    For the Carrie type we suggest:
    Day wear:
    Libertine (Vivienne Westwood), Contradiction (Calvin Klein), Bazar (Christian Lacroix), D&G Feminine (Dolce & Gabbana), Theorema Leggero (Fendi), Cristalle (Chanel), Intrusion (Oscar de la Renta).
    Evening wear:
    BLV (Bvlgari), Feminite du Bois (Shiseido), Moschino (Moschino).
    Niche:
    L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Diptique), Castelbajac (J.-C. Castelbajac), Jade Blossom (Stila), Artemisia (Penhaligon's), Scent (Costume National), En Passant (Editions Frederic Malle).

2. Mostly b) - MIRANDA.
    The most successful, honest and faithful of the four friends. One could call her a real feminist, but that's not quite all: she is very open and humanistic. She is a real business woman, her professional successes are as important to her as her private life. She is proud of it and is not ready to fit her expectations either to her partner's nor to her friend's.
    As she works so much, it's often relaxation what she wants - to watch a nice movie rather than to go out. While wearing office suits most of the time, she knows how to present herself best when it's needed, as she knows what fits her best. Miranda type is to be found among all astrological signs, but mostly among Saggitariuses and Virgos.
    For Miranda type we suggest:
    Day wear:
    Truth (Calvin Klein), # 19 (Chanel), Manifesto (Isabella Rossellini), Salvatore Ferragamo, Herba Fresca (Guerlain), DKNY.
    Evening wear:
    Chic (Carolina Herrera), Miracle Intense (Lancome), Eau du Soir (Sisley), Knowing (Estee Lauder), Ysatis (Givenchy).
    Niche:
    Bandit (Robert Piguet); Helmut Lang; Bobbi (Bobbi Brown), Fleurs de la Foret (Jo Malone).

3. Mostly c) - CHARLOTTE.
    Charlotte is charm in person. Friendly, well educated ans sensible, she might be called a bit sentimental and naiv - she expects nothing less than a noble knight on a white horse, with Bill Gates's wealth and Kyle McLaughlan's looks, not less! She is sure she deserves the best, but her superficial approach leads her to wrong people, and she has to start from scratch.
    She is a good friend, but family and wealth are the most important things to her,and she is ready to compromise. She is the first to congratulate and finds the most charming gifts for her relatives and friends.
    She loves fashion, but is afraid of extravagancy, so her style is rather classic, feminine, with natural make-up and hairstyle.
    There is always a Charlotte somewhere, but mostly among Pisces, Cancers and Libras.
    Day wear:
    Champs-Elysees(Guerlain), Pleasures (Estee Lauder), Energizing (Shiseido), Parfum Subtil (Salvatore Ferragamo), Hiris (Hermes), Eau deCartier.
    Evening wear:
    Marc Jacobs (Perfume), Coco (Chanel), Sentiment (Escada), Murmure (Van Cleef & Arpels).
    Niche:
    Eau de Charlotte (Annick Goutal), Vera Wang, Tendre Kiss (Lalique), Mimosa pour Moi (L'Artisan Parfumeur), Kate Spade, Sonoma Valley (Crabtree & Evelyn).

4. Mostly d) - SAMANTHA.
    She is areal vamp, sensual, indulgent. She is s modern woman, free and successful. You can adore her, you can hate her, but you can't ignore her. She is open for a challenge in her job, and in her sexual life. She is capable of a strong emotion when she meets an equal or a stronger partner, but only if he satisfies her sexually. Self-respect is very important to her, so she won't tolerate treachery as she is a very faithful friend herself, generous and sincere.
    She is fun to be with, ready to party. She enjoys being in the center.
    Her style is as bright as her personality, she likes rich colors, jewelry, sexy lingerie - anything that would draw attention to her sensual body. She does a lot to keep herself in good physical form, and wouldn't mind plastic surgegy when no wonder cream helps.
    Although always unique, Samantha type is often to be found among Leos and Scorpios.
    Day wear:
    Gucci Rush 2, Fragile edt (Gaultier), Time for Pleasure (Versace), 5th Avenue (E. Arden).
    Evening wear:
    Profumo (Roberto Cavalli), Nu (YSL), Versace Woman (Versace), Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood), Organza Indecence (Givenchy), Obsession (Calvin Klein), Eclix (La Perla).
    Niche:
    Agent Provocateur; Passage d'Enfer (L'Artisan Parfumeur); Spring Flower (Creed); Chantal Thomass; Le Parfum de Therese (Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle).
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Default Re: Sex&the City:the results :)

In one episode, you can catch a glimpse of Samantha's perfume bottle and it is one of the Victoria's Secret Dream Angels (can't remember which specific one, or if I was able to even tell). I always thought that it did not seem like something the character would wear.

Are we supposed to vote which character we think we are most like? Or, look at the fragrances and compare to our actual drobes to find our alter ego?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I think so--there is a quiz that is posted earlier.

This thread is fun! I have voted for where I recognise myself the most in the perfume-wardrobe! And I´m a Samantha, to my surprise! But - why not...? I am a scorpio, as well...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I answered the test, so I`m a Miranda, with some of Charlotte and Samantha in me.

BTW: Charlotte "wears" Sentiment (Escada) for evening wear, and that happens to be one of my favourites.

Fun! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

well i voted charlotte 'cause that's the result i got on the quiz but looking at the different wardrobes i think mine resembles carrie the most maybe i didn't answer the quiz right, charlotte only beat carrie out by one point

a=0
    b=3
    c=3
    d=4

All I can say is, I'm no Carrie!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Well, smth went obviously wrong, as the test and the poll have drifted apart... :-?I'm not the best person for "computering".

Whatever. You can do the test, then vote, or you can vote for what feels right to you anyway.
    It's not that scientific research to me

Ahhh that Samantha... some of my fave scents are:

Day wear:
    Gucci Rush 2, Fragile edt (Gaultier)
    Evening wear:
    Profumo (Roberto Cavalli), Nu (YSL), Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood), Organza Indecence (Givenchy), Obsession (Calvin Klein), Eclix (La Perla).
    Niche:
    Agent Provocateur; Passage d'Enfer (L'Artisan Parfumeur); Chantal Thomass; Le Parfum de Therese (Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle).

Don't you think Carrie would be likely to wear Lovely, though?

;D

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Quote Originally Posted by bonni

;D

bonni

Judging from the juice itself, yes, but Lovely is too mainstream for Carrie. If it had not been very popular, but had achieved a cult-like following, definitely.

Speaking of Carrie's scents, I definitely think her fragrance choices would have been ever-changing, to suit her wardrobe. She loved to play a "part" to the hilt--think of the way she dressed when she dated the politician (she would have chosen a classy, expensive, rich-smelling scent), or when she was into dressing in sort of a '70s style (maybe a $10 perfume from the '70s that can be found in any Duane Reade), or her wardrobe for her trip to Paris with the Russian (definitely something French and romantic), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bonni

;D

bonni
    No, I don't think she would. Maybe once, when she might do her version of SJParker
    I also remember that SJP said that she didn't realy associate herself with Carrie. SJP's style is more elegant and classic, not so ironic and crazy. I always forget the name of that brilliant fashion adviser who created the styles for S&tC? Also SJP seems to be a family type...Lovely is ...well,lovely, but not extravagant enough for Carrie.

PS: I didn't choose the frags for the test, I simply adopted them.

Quote Originally Posted by audrey
    I always forget the name of that brilliant fashion adviser who created the styles for S&tC?
    That would be Patricia Field. *When we were kids (teens, early 20's) we used to shop at her store in the village in NYC. *Very funky (cheap) stuff - but I think now she is more upscale?

According to the quiz I'm mostly Charlotte, and least like Samantha. *I like some fragrances from each profile though. *:-)

a = 2
    b = 2
    c = 6
    d = 0

According to the scents listed I'm most like Samantha, she "shares" four scents with me:
    Nu, Obsession, Passage d'Enfer and Le Parfum de Thérèse.

Charlotte is the first runner-up with Hiris, Coco and Eau de Charlotte, then it's a tie between Carrie (Feminite du Bois, En Passant) and Miranda (Bandit, Helmut Lang).
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Well according to the tet I guess I'm Samantha with a little bit of Carrie in me ....

A= 3
    B= 0
    C= 0
    D= 7

But my own scent wardrobe says this:
    I've got Carries:
    Day wear:
    Libertine (Vivienne Westwood),
    Evening wear:
    BLV (Bvlgari), Feminite du Bois (Shiseido)
    Niche:
    Castelbajac (J.-C. Castelbajac)

but nothing that was suggested that Miranda would wear....

I do however have...
    Day wear:
    Champs-Elysees(Guerlain) that Charlotte would supposedly wear...

and then we get to Samantha... and I end up having... well....

Day wear:
    Gucci Rush 2, Fragile edt (Gaultier), 5th Avenue (E. Arden) - but have not worn the last one for at least a year.
    Evening wear:
    Nu (YSL), Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood), Organza Indecence (Givenchy), Obsession (Calvin Klein), Eclix (La Perla).
    Niche:
    Agent Provocateur; Chantal Thomass...

Ahhh go figure

By the way... in the "Sex&the City:the results" the only signs that were missing are Capricorn and Taurus... ME

"Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

According to the test I'm firmly between Carrie and Charlotte with a bit of Samantha in me.
    Cannot relate much to most of their wardrobes, though.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

How could Spring Flower (Creed) possibly be related to Samantha?!
    Last edited by Chrynocry; 20th February 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Well, where is the quiz though? I am curious but is it over now? I am not overly satisfied with the perfumes that were picked for their characters though, either not enough choices or just none of them are really me. Very interesting idea though.