Code of Conduct

Default Not really NEW: Omnia Crystalline by Bulgari.

Bulgari to Crystallize Its Omnia Collection

WWD NEW YORK — Next month, Bulgari will look into its crystal ball and hope for a winner with the launch of Omnia Crystalline.

The woody, floral fragrance — inspired by the “pureness of crystal,” Bulgari said — will launch exclusively at 95 Nordstrom doors in July and then will be rolled out in September to selected Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Marshall Field’s and Sephora stores, for a total of 250 doors.

“It started with a notion of transparency and luminosity,” Paolo Alberti, vice president of the perfume and licenses division for Bulgari, said of the scent. “We wanted to make a jewel-like object that had maximum purity and light. Our heritage in jewelry made the pureness of crystals and the name Crystalline come to mind immediately.”

A strong departure from the original spicy Oriental Omnia, which was launched in September 2003, Crystalline was developed by Firmenich’s Alberto Morillas. The scent features top notes of bamboo and nashi, a Japanese pear; middle notes including lotus flower, and bottom notes featuring balsa wood.

The Crystalline collection will include 1.33-oz. and 2.2-oz. spray eaux de toilette priced at $57 and $67, respectively. A 6.8-oz. body lotion for $38 and a 6.8-oz. shower gel for $36 will accompany the scents. While there’s no national advertising planned for Crystalline at this time, industry sources expect the fragrance to do up to $5 million at retail in its first year on counter. — Bryn Kenny

Default Re: Not really NEW: Omnia Crystalline by Bulgari.

Balsa wood! Such a pungent note. Anyone tried this yet? I've seen it around, but never cared to try it.

We carry it, but we haven't got a tester yet!!!
    I still get no spicyness out of the original Omnia... I think it's rather light for an oriental fragrance. How can they release an even lighter EdT?

By the way, Bvlgari also released summer versions of their "Tea" scents. Eau de Colognes to spray all over your body. How long do they last? Ten seconds? This makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy

By the way, Bvlgari also released summer versions of their "Tea" scents. Eau de Colognes to spray all over your body. How long do they last? Ten seconds? This makes no sense...
    Gee, I thought the originals *was* summer versions to spray all over your body. I stopped buying Eau Parfumeé because I used it up far to quick and it got too expensive.

Can anyone give their opinion on this scent?
    I got it really cheap, so I bought one for my moms birthday, and wonder if anyone find it to work well for a guy, too? (Am a little scared of wearing fem's:P)

I have it and LOVE it. It reminds me very much of Thierry Mugler cologne (green).

I think it would definitely work for a woman or a man.

This made me really ill. I scrubbed it off as well as I could, but even so I had to get up at 4 AM and take a shower. Just awful. It might have been the bamboo note.

Lol:P Souns like a risque......Can be exciting

This product has been sold around in Far East area for more than 1 year at least. It is not a light version of the original Omnia but an independent creation features symbolic plants such as bamboo, lotus, peony, Chinese pear, etc. of eastern cultures. I believe this composition was part of Bulgari’s marketing stratagem for pleasing Asian consumers so it is made especially luminous and transparent for adapting to Asian preference in light scent since they normally have very little tolerance to heavy scent in my experience. However, to me, it is rather a boring scent. It suits humid and hot summer weather in Asia well but itself is not particularly outstanding when compared with a plenty of light and cheerful summer scents out there.

Anyone who loves perfumes such as Kenzo’s L’eau par Kenzo, Issey Miyake’s L’eau D’Issey, and Alfred Sung’s Shi would probably find this one very appealing cause it is very much that kind of scent. *

Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir