Code of Conduct

Default Hello Ladies, Help Me Find Mom a Scent

So my mom is in her 50s, very distinguished and elegant. She would wear anything I got her. My dad bought her Joy by Jean Patou before this and she loves it, but the recommendation does not have to be similar to this at all. Most important thing is for it to be luxurious and elegant and to show that I really respect her. (btw I do not want something sexy. mom smelling sexy is a nono)

Thanks in advance............ :P

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello Ladies, Help Me Find Mom a Scent

Check out this recent thread for ideas.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1143206024
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

I really do not know that you can find a fragrance that is not sexy....on the right person....any fragrance is sexy....but maybe what you are trying to say is......maybe not something spicy? No orientals? Is that it? Would you prefer a floral? Maybe Quelque Fleurs or Spring Flower....all very proper.
    Maybe Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs....Paris, AA Rosa Magnifica, Ivoire, Eau de Soir would be wonderful Eau de Soir is SOOOO elegant and very MONEYED! It reeks of class.....it's not your everyday perfume however.....
    What about Mitsouko? A Classic and never out of style but then again....you must know for yourself if you love this Guerlain classic.

L' aire d' Tempts....
    Muriela Burani......
    Go sniffing....see what smells like MOM!

Post Thanks / Like

Un Lys by SL is very elegant and well heeled. It's a lovely floral that implies silk dresses and wide brimmed hats, and it would be different from any jasmine rose combination she has had before. It isn't Lily of the Valley AT ALL, and is definately a grown woman at the country club garden party kind of fragrance.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Maybe she'd like 24 Faubourg by Hermes.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Divine - L'âme Soeur? It is very exquisite and luxury, and it has roses and jasmin, like Joy. It's not a vamp scent, not flirty, if that's what you mean by sexy, but it's sexy in an elegant way, sexy like JackyO, not like Madonna
    Check it on luckyscent.com
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    So my mom is in her 50s, very distinguished and elegant. She would wear anything I got her. My dad bought her Joy by Jean Patou before this and she loves it, but the recommendation does not have to be similar to this at all. Most important thing is for it to be luxurious and elegant and to show that I really respect her. (btw I do not want something sexy. mom smelling sexy is a nono)

Thanks in advance............ :P
    What's wrong with having a mom in her 50's and still feeling sexy? I mean, I wouldn't imagine my mom smelling dirty sexy, but I would be proud of my mom still feeling pleasantly pretty! But I guess you meant sexy in the first meaning...
    However last summer I purchased Eau des Merveilles to my mom and she liked it a lot! If you were looking for something totally different from Joy here's my advice.

Guerlain Champs Elysées or Vol de Nuit...very elegant...or...Bal a versailles...luxurious...heure exquise...ladylike...ysatis...

Go for something new, that has not been around for a while. She will love Jasmin Full by Montale and Patchouly Leaves by Montale also.

Following is the description and notes:

FULL JASMIN: THE AGE OLD BLEND OF THE WHITE BLOSSOMS THAT SYMBOLISE THE ARABIAN NIGHTS: JASMINE, HONEYSUCKLE, AND ORANGE BLOSSOM.

PATCHOULI LEAVES: BEAUTY PATCHOULI LEAVES MACERATED FOR TWO YEARS IN THE TRUNK OF THE OAK TREE COMBINED WITH VANILLA, AMBER AND WHITE MUSK ON A BASE OF CYSTUS LADANIFERUS FROM TIBET.

If you need samples send me a PM, I have your address, but let me know. I still have some samples left in the store.

Maisonstinky
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like

Fair warning, Jasmin Full is very heavy indolic jasmin, it is great for some but not all. One to test, IMO.
    Please, spritz responsibly.