Code of Conduct

Default Favorite woody-florals for spring & summer

I have recently come to love the woody undertones given to some relatively new fragrances, particularly the use of fig wood, driftwood, aoud and other off-beat woods that give character to a floral fragrance.

So far I have fallen for Montale Black Aoud and Aoud Roses Petals; *Carthusia IO (with figwood), Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée; Michael Kors Island; Nanette Lepore Shanghai Butterfly

Any one else repsonding to these and any suggestions for more woody-florals to try?

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Favorite woody-florals for spring & summer

La Base: alpine rose, iris, jasmine, bluebell, violet leaves, wild raspberry, mimosa, freesia, vetiver, magnolia, marigold, alpine bell flower, oudwood, rare woods

Post Thanks / Like

I"m not really into rare woods, I'm more on the floral chypre side(Diva,Narciso Rodriguez EdP).
    But I really liked the Flower Kenzo Oriental : rose, violet,vanilla,musk, sichuan pepper, chinese insence and trad.ceremonial kyara wood.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Sanddrift - Now I know why you like Carthusia Uomo, it has wild rosewood in it.

Sorry I went off track with the woody florals but had to make a comment on your love of different woods .

Maisonstinky
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate woody-floral for me is Fracas! Another really special one is Quelques Fleurs. The woods in Calypso Marine remind me of Michael Kors Island. *I love Eau des Merveilles and Hanae Mori Butterly. Some others: Diptyque Ofresia, Miss Dior Cherie, La Maison de la Vanille Divine des Tropiques, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses, *MPG Secrète Datura, Napa Valley Cielo, Different Company Jasmin de Nuit, Wanderlust, Organza, L'Air du Temps, Romance, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Jaipur, L'Artisan Jacinthe des Bois, i Profumi di Firenze Violetta de Bosco, L'Artisan Premier Figuier.

One of my all time favorites is Annick Goutal Eau de Camille.
    It's not woody so much as brambly to my nose. It smells like a brambly, viney, ivy-covered spot in the woods, with honeysuckle growing nearby.

Two woody fragrances I've been enjoying lately are Armani Mania and Lancome Hypnose. They're vanillic as well.

Classic Zen.

Versace Woman, Valentino V and Attraction by Lancome are three florals with woody musk, that I am very, very fond of. I should own them, if it wasn´t for me saying stop to owning more fragances right now. I have had Attraction, and at the last drop from the bottle, I said I wanted it again. Just not right now... * ;D
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

SInce you loved the Montale, why not expand and try Aoud Queen Rose. It has more depth than Aoud Rose Pétales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Samsara, of course, in EDT is wonderful for warm weather, sandalwood and jasmine, though more on the sweet side.
    I consider Mitsouko to be woody (not quite floral, though), and I love wearing the EDT in warm weather. You must give it a try!
    Not floral, but woody - Philosykos if you like fig (the base is cedarwood and coconut milk and white musk).
    Samsara Shine also has fig wood in it, as well as tomato leaf. I didn't like it as much as the original Samsara.

Now I gotta mention some of my own scents here, since these are my favourite woody-florals: Tamya and Megumi. Tamya is cedarwood based jasmine sambac and gardenia floral, and Megumi is oud based rose and jasmine bouquet. Here are the links with descriptiosn:
    http://quinta-essentia.ca/perfumes.c...;product_id=71
    http://quinta-essentia.ca/perfumes.c...;product_id=70
    Both will work very well in warm weather (especialy Tamya, with it's refreshing yuzu top notes).

Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Some of my faves in this category are:

My Queen Alexander McQueen
    Hanae Mori Butterly
    Miss Dior Cherie
    Ralph Lauren Lauren Style
    Madness Chopard
    Fleurs d'oranger Serge Lutens
    Narciso Rodriguez
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

I simply walked into Cabaret Gres today. I tell you, I'm gonna buy a huge bottle. It's like you get the best part of Stella right away. Also very longlasting. Woody rose!!!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.