Code of Conduct

Default Creed question for the girls

My sister's birthday is coming up and I want to get her a good bottle of perfume. Would you have:

1. Any suggestions in general, and
    2. Any recommendations for women creed scents.
    3. Any good formal scents for women (creed or otherwise).

I have absolutely no experience with female creeds. My sister likes youthful, fresh, sporty type smells...I want to get her something along these lines...It might just be me, but the unisex creeds seem to me to be more suitable for men, and besides I want to get her something new and unique while learning something about female scents in the process. By the way, she's only familiar with standard perfumes.

Cheers.

Default Re: Creed question for the girls

Well, I don't think I own anything youthful, fresh, and sporty, but I can't imagine any Creeds fitting that bill. I'll give it some thought. Are you after a clean scent with a soapy feel? A fruity floral?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I find Spring Flower youthful and fresh, but not sporty.

I'm in my 20s, and I like to wear Royal Delight when I feel like "riding boots and tweed jacket".
    Hm, I'd say, that is sporty for me, is also and, hm, youthful, but not in a usual way. I can't say it's fresh, for it's mainly jasmin and leather. These are both 90s frags, and I think you won't find anything vintage/creed that would fit into "sporty".

If you want smth unusual, what about Masaki Matsushima's Mat series? They are very fresh and young, and the bottle is so cool.
    Or Aqua Allegoria Guerlain line.
    You say, "good formal scents", which occasion do you actually mean? Office, dinner or opera?
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Love In White is kind of "fresh"...I'm not sure what you mean by "youthful" though. Do you mean something that's appropriate for a very young girl? Creeds are very intense fragrances. My favorite Creed is Angelique Encens, and I think it's an incredible work of art. It's more "haunted" than "youthful" though; but it could definitely be "formal". Spring Flower is kind of "fresh" but I don't think it smells "formal". Some of Creed's florals that are categorized as feminine are 2000 Fleurs, Irisia, Fantasia de Fleurs, Jasmal, Fleruissimo, and Tubereuse Indiana.

to shycat-

She would def. not be interested in soapy.

to audrey-

I should have been more specific and said: "youthful, fresh, or sporty".
    I was thinking of just a good, all-around formal/evening scent.
    Honestly, "sporty" was probably a poor word to use; i guess more or less along the lines of fresh, natural, clean, good for daywear or general activity, etc.

to tovah-

youthful= yes, something appropriate for a young (early 20's) woman.
    fresh= for me, this generally means floral scents, citrus, fruity (?!?) etc.

Basically, I want to consider for her either a "fresh, youthful" scent for casual/daytime wear, or, in the absence of this, something she could at least use for formal occasions. But something high quality and classy. For instance, as far as creeds go, I think MI, GIT, Himalaya, SMW are incredibly fresh and casual scents for men. Perhaps their female equivalents(?)

Thanks so far for the help....I will look into the frequent suggestions.

First of all, you are one terrific brother and your sister is lucky to have you.

Definitely sniff Love In White (Creed). It's not citrusy, but it is light and fresh. Love In White is Creed's newest scent and it was met with much fashion fanfare and positive reviews. Spring Flower would be my second recommendation if you're sure Creed is the house you want. 2000 Fleurs and Fleurissimo are other possible choices but they're not as "fresh" as Love In White (to me). The ultimate uber-rose Creed is Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare. It is the true, pure fragrance of fresh roses and I don't think any other fragrance will come close to true rose. Unfortunately Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare is $300.00, and it wouldn't be a good idea to spend that amount on a fragrance if you're not sure she loves it, at the very least.

I wish I could help you more with Creeds. It's a tough house for me. If you really want "youthful and fresh" I highly recommend you try L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillons, Ananas Fizz, The Pour un Ete; Bond No. 9 Chelsea Flowers and Chinatown; Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche, Passiflore, and Jasmine; i Profumi di Firenze Florentia #22, Acqua Chiara, and Zagara.

Keep us posted as to what you find and whether or not she likes it!

Fresh! Natural! Clean! The one! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] The Only!!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] MIMOSA POUR MOI [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Also, Un Lys from Serge Lutens is fresh, airy, and very elegant.

Annick Goutal Eau de Camille is a lovely fresh grassy, lilac.

For the ultimate value in beautiful fragrance, easily available, reasonably priced: YSL Paris.

SJP Lovely is a fresh, clean scent that would be suitable for frequent wear and is a bit less floral.

I still like Ralgh Lauren Blue, too, although it's more commonly worn.

Please, spritz responsibly.