Code of Conduct

Thread: J. Lo's Nose

Default J. Lo's Nose

Well, I just came back from some errands and due to the "pineapple" scent recs I received from you I tried the ones I could find. *I came home with a bottle of Miami Glow AND a bottle of Live!

Something about Miami Glow reminds me of Ananas Fizz, even though I know there's no pineapple in it. *Maybe the grapefruit and coconut notes get pineapple-like on my skin? *I don't smell even a hint of grapefruit. *So I'm wearing Miami Glow today and I smell warm and relaxed and really nice. *My cats like it too.

Live is just a lovely scent. *Quite unique and elegant, actually. *I think Live may wind up being a classic - or at least popular with a wide range of consumers, for many years. *I wouldn't be surprised if many women who don't even know who J. Lo is have tried, and will try this fragrance and adore it. *It's obviously a fine fragrance, created with joy, as a work of art. I think it's one of those fragrances that you smell on someone, or test, and you just fall for it and have to have it. *So two J. Lo fragrances added to my wardrobe in one afternoon! *

Any other fans? *I was fascinated to learn that Dominique Ropion (creator of Carnal Flower!) created Live. *Jennifer Lopez is very talented in choosing fragrances to bear her name. *Good for her!

Default Re: J. Lo's Nose

Nice descriptions, Tovah! I only tried the first J.Lo fragrance, and it was an OK scent, not bottle-worthy for me. Now I have to go try them all on, after reading your reviews. Like they say: "Nose knows!" :-)

Seriously, here is what I came up with. Jennifer Lopez participated in creation of all of them while working with:
    Glow -- Louise Turner,
    Miami Glow -- Caroline Sabas,
    Love at First Glow -- Steve DeMercado,
    Live -- Dominique Ropion.

Basenotes Plus

My sister has all of J Lo's perfumes. Mainly because i buy them for her hehe. I do have to say i do really like all of them, the only one she hasn't got is Live, so maybe i'll get that for her. Especially as it's created by Dominique Ropion who created two of my favourite fragrances (Anglomania and Alien). I'm starting to think that he/she may be a genius ;D

Tom

P.S. I just realised that Dominique Ropion created Safari by Ralph Lauren, which is proof that they are in fact a genius.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I have tested Love at First Glow today.
    It's very nice, though maybe a bit too much peach coming out on me. Warm musky drydown.
    I've sprayed Cristalle after, I had to bacause that was the actual quest and there was no other open skin left ;D
    and now it smells fantastic. But I don't know if it's only Cristalle or the combination of both...
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine
    My sister has all of J Lo's perfumes. Mainly because i buy them for her hehe. I do have to say i do really like all of them, the only one she hasn't got is Live, so maybe i'll get that for her. Especially as it's created by Dominique Ropion who created two of my favourite fragrances (Anglomania and Alien). I'm starting to think that he/she may be a genius *;D

Tom

P.S. I just realised that Dominique Ropion created Safari by Ralph Lauren, which is proof that they are in fact a genius.
    Tom - I couldn't agree more! Dominique Ropion also created Carnal Flower, which is absolutely exquisite. For years Safari was my favorite fragrance. I'm wearing Live today!

Basenotes Plus

I'm glad you agree. Since posting here, i tried and bought myself a bottle of Live. What a fantastic fragrance?! It smells like you could drink it, very fresh, fruity and beautiful. Perfect for feeling summery on those cold winter days me thinks!

Tommy x

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Tom - I couldn't agree more! Dominique Ropion also created Carnal Flower, which is absolutely exquisite. For years Safari was my favorite fragrance. I'm wearing Live today!
    I guess I have to try Live. Safari was also one of my favorites for years, and still is! I probably would have dismissed this fragrance if I hadn't read this thread.

-Kathy-
    I just noticed Dominique Ropion also created Vetiver Extraordinaire, a fave of mine for men.
    Last edited by flathorn; 14th December 2006 at 07:24 PM.

I used to wear Live all the time... and I do mean constantly. The drydown of caramel, violet, tonka and sandalwood was just addictive; it reminded me of a pale silk dress, light and soft and romantic. But lately, in this cold weather, the top notes are just not working for me. The pineapple is much too aggressive and candied and I really can't smell anything else. Maybe my nose is just evolving (I'm also turned off by the grapefruit in Coco Mademoiselle, which I used to enjoy) but I'm hoping that when spring rolls around Live will start working for me again.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Thank you so much for this thread! I always learn something interesting on Basenotes. Now that I realize how much I like several of Dominique Ropion's scents, I will definitely give Live a sniff. I read somewhere that Glow was based on China Rain, a favorite scent of Jennifer Lopez. I used to like that fragrance, too, years ago (muguet and fresh-floral/musky). I've never tried Glow, though.

p.s. Is it pronounced Live, with a short "i", as in live and let live...or with a long "i" as in live wire?

Out of all the celebrity fragraces out there, Jennifer Lopez' are the ones I'm interested in, simply because I like her taste. Though I don't share her sense of style I'm always impressed by her outfits; she really manages to try a lot of new things and pulls them off. Also, she seems to get consistently good reviews here and on other perfume blogs. I'm not a big fan of 'fruity' frags, but would definitely gives hers a shot. I loved the ad for her first scent, can't remember the name. Very 'black and white movie' sexy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    Thank you so much for this thread! I always learn something interesting on Basenotes. Now that I realize how much I like several of Dominique Ropion's scents, I will definitely give Live a sniff. I read somewhere that Glow was based on China Rain, a favorite scent of Jennifer Lopez. I used to like that fragrance, too, years ago (muguet and fresh-floral/musky). I've never tried Glow, though.

p.s. Is it pronounced Live, with a short "i", as in live and let live...or with a long "i" as in live wire?
    It is pronounced Live as in 'Live and let live', it's inspired by the spirit of dance, that's why it has the twirling ribbons around the bottle (apparently )

Tommy x

Quote Originally Posted by libertine
    It is pronounced Live as in 'Live and let live', it's inspired by the spirit of dance, that's why it has the twirling ribbons around the bottle (apparently )

Tommy x
    Thanks, Tommy!