Code of Conduct

Thread: To the cohab...

Default To the cohab...

Oh, dear, I have taken a deeper intrest in fragances the latest months. This has resulted in some new bottles for myself, but also some bottles for my husband... He has appreciated it, but after getting four new bottles (small ones), he says he doasn´t want any more... He wants bottles of whisky instead...

And I who am so interested in how the male fragances comes out on his skin... I can not try the fragance on myself, it comes out differently on my skin...

There is one more bottle I want him to have... Guess I have to wait to christmas...

How do you others do? Do you let your cohab get his/her own fragances, or do you interfere, like me?
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Default Re: To the cohab...

Hi, Margareta!
    My husband has no interest in fragrances at all! Strange thing is, that before I myself caught a deeper interest in frags, I used to buy him a bottle for his bd or X-mas. He never appreciated it much, and I had no luck with getting him to ever use them. Nowadays, I couldn`t dream of giving him a frag, it would be such a waist...
    He thinks I`m too obsessed with this passion, so I have even stopped tormenting him with my "sniff- this-one-too-what-do-you-think-of-it?"-questions. I hardly ever mention the f-word (f=fragrance, in this case...), anymore, not to annoy him. I guess I just have to be glad he takes good care of his personal hygien, fragrant or not...
    Our deal for Christmas is: Whisky for hubby, perfume for me!

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

My husband doesn't have a great interest in fragrance. I buy him a bottle of something new each Christmas. If he likes it, he'll use it. He never shops for fragrance himself. He never wears fragrance unless we're "going out" somewhere. To him, fragrance is for "going out" and dressing up. He never wears fragrance to work or on an everyday basis. So he never uses up a bottle. He still has all his original bottles plus the ones I've bought him, and more in the medicine cabinet that have been there for years. He does have a particular taste in fragrance. He doesn't care for citrussy scents but seems to gravitate toward the orientals.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

My husband likes Baldessarini Del Mar and ck Be, which he often applies lightly after a shower. He never wore scents until I got hooked on fragrances about a year ago, but now likes his two and is sweet to let me ramble about my discoveries. He understands what it is to have a hobby and thinks mine is a pleasant and harmless pursuit, so he supports it as I do his interest in bluebirds. He doesn't care to phutz with sample vials, preferring to use a sprayer, so I doubt he'll make a dent in the handful of samples I've set aside for him.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

summer means fireflys

I have passed my love of fragrance over to my husband, also. He always wears scent! He prefers to have me pick out his scents, though. I always used to just pick it out, bring it home, and he would wear it. Lately, though, we have been shopping for fragrances together. He wears fairly "safe" stuff and NO women's scents. I would love for him to become more adventuresome!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You make me want to ask now ... whom amongst you is sharing scents with their cohab? (I know I've read occasional reference to this here.) Once in awhile my hub will wear some of my New Haarlem, and I think I could get us both turned on to Jicky. If I can get a gallon of Black Vetyver Café, I'd steer him toward wearing it. Also, I'm awaiting arrival of a Guerlain Vetiver sample (succumbing to Veronica's brow-beating), and that's another candidate for shared use.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

My husband has always loved fragrances. *He will wear anything as long as he likes the way it smells on him, and disregards gender labels. *Two of my "women's" scents that he enjoys wearing are Tabac Blond and Helmut Lang edp.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

My husband would never wear my fragrance. Funnily enough though, his favorite shower soap is Dove beauty bar, a very rosy "femme" smelling soap if you ask me.

I sometimes sneak a tiny spritz from his collection, though I haven't in quite a while because I'm in an intensely floral phase and don't like anything "mannish" at the moment. I'm not sure what particular note it is that I'm identifying as "mannish", it's just iritating to me. Might be oakmoss, not sure.

My friend is not interested in perfumes, at least not for himself.
    But he is always curious about the essential/fragrance oils, scented candles and insense, so I guess it's not hopeless 8-)
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

no cohab! ;D

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    no cohab! * ;D
    Well, think of us as your extended family, living in your computer, glorious1.

The other day I mentioned (in another thread) that our dog smelled swell in Miss Dior Cherie. Today the cat showed some interest in Teo Cabanel Julia. Do these count as cohabs, too?

Mr.Timberwolf is not a fragrance lover. He is opinionated about masculine scents, too. His biggest hates are Polo Green and Drakkar Noir and he dislikes Shalimar with passion on me calling it "ball pens". It also amuses me how he calls my D&G red cap "whiskey, good whiskey", Annam "shampoo", Alchimie "doctor's office", other fragrances are "boiled carrots", "maple syrup", "pine needles", "mechanics grease", the list is endless.

He uses deodorants and his Ivory soap (switched from Irish Spring green about a year ago). With patience, and lots of it, I was able to persuade him to try some fragrances, and he wears now every so often Aramis, JPG classic, Cefiro, D&G blue, Eryo blue, and a handful more, he is out of Burberry Weekend and CKOne. Surprisingly enough, he went very quickly through a bottle of Hugo, so he is not hopeless. The gifts from the relatives that we have accumulated over the years are standing now untouched, they include Chaps, Gravity, Quorum, Liz Claiborne insulated cup.

He also gave me Moschino Couture! for Valentine's Day this year, his first fragrant gift to me that he went and picked himself. And he does not mind my nights spent in front of the computer. One Man Show, however, is mine! :-)