Code of Conduct

Default Your favourite Ellena scent

I thought it might be fun to do some field research

and see what is in the run! Have fun voting!!!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Default Re: Your favourite Ellena scent

Uhm, how many can we vote for?? I mean, I just voted for one, but it seems so cruel to my other loves.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I would say, vote for up to 5.
    I don't think that one could have more than 5 favourite Ellena scents
    From the other hand, if someone loves them all, I don't think that it could influence the result in bad way!
    But I haven't put a limit for votes anyway, so everyone feel free to decide yourself

I voted for L'Eau d'Hiver, Bois d'Iris and the Hermessence Series. I would have voted for Bois Farine as well, if it was an option.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I voted for the Hermessences, Eau d'Hiver and Divine Bergamot, but would also have voted for Bois Farine--one of my very faves! Haven't yet smelled Terre d'Hermes, sadly.

My favorite is Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma, but since that wasn't a choice in this poll, I voted for the Divine Bergamote

I like First in parfum concentration, but find it's a bit temperamental on me sometimes, so I haven't worn it in quite awhile. While I don't own it, I find his Un Jardin sur le Nil to be quite interesting. I own a decant of Ambre Narguile and while it smells quite yummy on my husband, on me I get the dreaded "Raid" note.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Ambre Extrême is my favourite but I love all his scents for Frédéric Malle and Bois d'Iris and Rose Poivrée for The Different Company.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Why So Serious?

Out of the ones that i've tested it has to be Vetiver Tonka, i think it deserves its own listing, lol.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Of the ones I have tried, L'Eau d'Hiver and Eau Parfumée. Did he make L'Eau d'Ambre as well? I like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    I voted for L'Eau d'Hiver, Bois d'Iris and the Hermessence Series. I would have voted for Bois Farine as well, if it was an option.

Throw in Divine Bergamot and we are a complete match!

I love the silk gossamer transparency and deceptive simplicity of Ellena's compositions. The height of elegance.

Smelled Terre d'Hermès last week in Palm Beach. Thought it was elegant, refreshing, modern, out-doorsy -- thoroughly delightful. Spritzed myself to experience all day. Took a sample home to continue trying in various moods on various days to see what my lingering impression is. So far very good and a nice balance to the rest of the line which needed some fresh and envigorating choices before Ellena.

Well, I had to choose 20 scents, so I took those listed in our directory and made by only Ellena(no partnership) . It might be a good idea to update some information, if it is missing, like with Bois Farine.
    Please, use this opportunity to close the gaps

Had to go with Bois d'Iris from The Different Company. My #2 would be Osmanthus from TDC.
    Gary

1. First. The real lady's perfume, extremely chic.
    2. Bois d'Iris.
    3. Thé Vert Bulgari.
    4. Déclaration.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    1. First. The real lady's perfume, extremely chic.
    2. Bois d'Iris.
    3. Thé Vert Bulgari.
    4. Déclaration.
    Hear, Hear!

I recently raided a perfume counter to sniff more main stream men's scents. I was so impressed by Déclaration, which my husband has worn for years. It was both disctinctive and more satisfying than maybe all the others I treied that day -- the Chanels, Armanis, Calvin Kleins, D & G, Boucheron, Ralph Laurens, etc.

Bulgari Thé Vert is so very beautiful and exhillarating. Loved it from day one. Nab vast quatitites of the bath and body products whenever I stay at a Four Seasons Hotel where it is their standard amenity. The shampoo and shower gel, quite faithful to the edt, were my late mother-in-law's favorites and I would keep her in stock. Makes me miss her.

Bois d'Iris is one of my standby scents -- whatever the weather, whatever the situation, it is always right.

Coincidentally, I only smelled VC & A First last week for the first time since I wore it myself in the 80's as a high schooler. It was being worn by my stepson's 21 year old girlfriend who is a lovely, intelligent and tasteful lady who was spending her spring break with us all. It was a wonderful fragrance on her, even in the heat of the Bahamas and Florida. Thank you for reminding me that First is an Ellena composition.

The poll is cruelly unfair. I do not think Ellena has created anything I have not responded to enthusiastically.

Eay d'Hiver is my favourite, please bear in mind that I havent had the opportunity to smell them all.
    It's Unisex and is really nice, dry and flowery. Subtle, enjoyable.
    Arte et labore

Bois D´Iris so far, but I have many yet to smell, so I didn´t vote.
    Woods with a deliscious rooty sweetness. perfect for cold weather.

Bois Farine would also have got my vote! Love it. :-*
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I voted for L'Eau d'Hiver, Rose Poivree, In Love Again and Bois d'Iris. I loved First when it came out, but I have to say that the love has died. Still a great scent, but no longer for me.