Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrance Foundation Recommendations (good)

Who needs Michael Edwards with Basenotes around?

For once, I agree with Michael Edward's Fragrances of the World Online. I did a search on Fracas, and it recommended Carnal Flower and La Chasse aux Papillons. I already own both of these. I found Carnal Flower because of board recs, and then was brave enough to try Fracas (which I love!) because of board recs.

I also did a search on En Passant. I can't imagine how the recommendations are chosen (maybe my nose is incredibly inferior) but En Passant has nothing in common with its recs to my nose. (En Passant and Cynthia Rowley?...is it the lilac?)

Chocolovers is one of the recommendations if you type in "Habanita". Hmmmm. http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fa...sp?StockID=727

Default Re: Fragrance Foundation Recommendations (good)

Other Fracas-like fragrances that I've tried are Versace Blonde, JPG Fragile, and Guerlain Mahora - reviled by many and now discontinued I believe - but I liked it. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    Guerlain Mahora - reviled by many and now discontinued I believe - but I liked it. :-)
    It is discontinued

And here's something else we have in common. I love it, too! I got a little mini bottle of it to try and loved it so much I found a bigger bottle for sale online and got that, too. I think it's an absolutely gorgeous fragrance, which is surprising because I'm not normally that into orientals or fruity fragrances, and Mahora is kind of both.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Lines like this, when fragances are compared, are really great! I havenīt been really hooked on fragances for so long, just a couple of months, so I donīt know so many fragances well. But this time, in this line, I know at least one fragance, JPG Fragile, so I can get a picture of Fracas, who is written much about right now on the Community. Thank you, sherrie11!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, LīHeure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.