Code of Conduct

Default Love Ananas Fizz! Recs for pineapple fragrances?

I'm sampling Ananas Fizz and I adore it. I won't be able to afford a full botttle for awhile so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other cheerful pineapple fragrances that will cost less and keep me happy while I wait. I've tried Poup'ee, which claims to have pineapple, but I didn't pick up any pineapple notes. Thank you

Default Re: Love Ananas Fizz! Recs for pineapple fragrance

Hi, Tovah!
    I am not the right person to reply to this, since I`m NOT a big fan of pineapple.
    One I`ve tried lately is Live(Jennifer Lopez), and I thought the pineapple was very dominating. I think this one is a "fruit-cocktail"-scent... Two I like that have pineapple in them are Amuleti by Mariella Burani, and Sonia Rykiel. Also Eden(Cacharel) has a pineapplenote, so does Cool Water(Davidoff). One I have not tried is Envy Me (Gucci, 2004).
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Tovah, VIP Room is supposed to have ananas among its notes - can't smell it too distinctly though...otherwise I love this soft fruity leather scent, if only it did last longer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I have Envy Me, and I love it, but no pineapple stands out to my nose. It is certainly not similar to Ananas Fizz in any way! Sorry, I wish I could think of something, but I just tested Ananas Fizz the other day and it is so different from anything else I've smelled that claims to have pineapple as a note.

Blog Entries

You could try Parfums de Coeur Pineapple Fantasy body spray

It is VERY cheap and long lasting though a bit sweet but very 'pineapple ice cream float'
    probably not a patch on Anananas Fizz but definitely pineapple. It is sweet pineapple over vanilla and soft musk. Hope that helps.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Just ran across this info--perfumes w/pineapple notes:

The following quoted from parfumsraffy.com:

Azzaro 9
    Top Notes: Pineapple, aldehydes, mandarin, bergamot
    Heart Notes: Jasmine, foxglove, tulip, wisteria, clematis, lily, mimosa, rose, orange blossom
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, cedarwood, musk, moss, vanilla

Balahe (Leonard)
    Top Notes: Bergamot, mandarin, clary sage, coriander, pineapple, plum
    Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, tuberose, orange blossom, orchid
    Base Notes: Vanilla, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, civet

Bill Blass
    Top Notes: Galbanum, hyacinth, pineapple, greens, bergamot, geranium
    Heart Notes: Iris, tuberose, carnation, ylang-ylang, orris
    Base Notes: Amber, sandalwood, benzoin, cedarwood, oakmoss

C'est la Vie Christian Lacroix
    Top Notes: Bergamot, orange blossom, pineapple, peach, aldehydes
    Heart Notes: Ylang-Ylang, carnation, jasmine, rose, tuberose, heliotrope, orris
    Base Notes: Amber, vanilla, cedarwood, sandalwood, musk

Charles of the Ritz
    Top Notes: Orange blossom, bergamot, lemon, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Jasmine, tuberose, gardenia, neroli, geranium, rose, orris, carnation, lilac, ylang-ylang
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, coriander, patchouli, vanilla, vetiver, musk, cedarwood, amber, cinnamon

Colors Benetton
    Top Notes: Moroccan orange blossom, French hyacinth, Egyptian marigold, Isreali basil
    Heart Notes: Comoros Island tuberose, French jasmine, Hawaiian pineapple, Caribbean passion fruit, Georgia peach, Bulgarian rose.
    Base Notes: Madagascar vanilla, Yugoslavian oakmoss, Chinese patchouli, Virginian cedarwood, Ethiopian civet, opopanax

Desirade (Aubusson)
    Top Notes: Italian bergamot, Russian coriander, Madagascar ylang-ylang, pineapple, aldehydes
    Heart Notes: Chinese osmanthus, jasmine, rose, cassia, tuberose, orange blossom, violet
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, Somalian opopanax, plum, raspberry, vanilla, musk

L'Insolent (Charles Jourdan)
    Top Notes: Bergamot, mandarin, cassie, peach, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, lily of the valley, coriander, carnation, rosewood
    Base Notes: Amber, oakmoss, patchouli, musk, vanilla, cedarwood

Laguna (Salvador Dali)
    Top Notes: Moroccan lemon, Calabrian tangerine, Spanish verbana, Asian green galbanum, plum, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Egyptian rose, Italian iris, lily of the valley, jasmine
    Base Notes: Madagascar sandalwood, Reunion Island vanilla, amber, musk, coconut, cedarwood, patchouli

Lauren (Ralph Lauren)
    Top Notes: Wild marigold, greens, rosewood, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, lilac, violet, jasmine, lily of the valley, cyclamen
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, oakmoss, sandalwood, vetiver, carnation

Mackie (Bob Mackie)
    Top Notes: Peach, raspberry, pineapple
    Heart Notes: Jasmine, rose, jonquil, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, tuberose
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, amber, musk

Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer
    Top Notes: Aldehydes, peach, mandarin, pineapple, anise, greens, bergamot
    Heart Notes: Rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, orris, lily, honey, tuberose
    Base Notes: Vanilla, sandalwood, amber, heliotrope, musk, benzoin

Un Jour (Charles Jourdan)
    Top Notes: Sicilian mandarin, black currant bud, peach, lemon, pineapple, greens
    Heart Notes: Jasmine, white royal lily, magnolia, ylang-ylang, hyacinth
    Base Notes: Virginia cedarwood, West Indian rosewood, oakmoss, musk, sandalwood

Quoted from bigdiscount.com:
    Alfred Sung Pure (btw, the 3-piece set on the above site is only $20)
    top fragrance Notes: tangerine, freesia and pineapple. The middle notes are: lily, amber and peony and the base of the fragrance is: cinnamon, sandalwood and musk.

Also, here is a site that has a pineapple cologne:

http://www.alohafriends.com/products4.html

And, if you haven't already, check out the directory here. A search of the note pineapple turns out over fifty scents.

And maybe try this new one [quoted from Sephora]:
    New! Only at Sephora! Vanille Pineapple

Comptoir Sud Pacifique continues to celebrate 30 years of Vanilla Scents with Vanille Pineapple.

So fresh, so inviting, so frothy and effervescent. Dive into the warm, creamy unexpected sweetness of tangy pineapple and rich vanilla cream.

Vanille Pineapple opens with top notes of juicy island pineapple, and heart notes of vanilla cream, passion fruit, cinnamon, and frangipani flower. A base of warm vanilla sugar, luscious coconut milk, and musk polishes off this sparkling scent reminiscent of vacation days.

Notes:
    Pineapple, Vanilla Cream, Passion Fruit, Cinnamon, Frangipani, Vanilla Sugar, Coconut Milk, Musk.

And a search using Sephora's fragrance finder for scents similar to Ananas Fizz yielded these two scents:

Incanto Dream

Incanto Dream was inspired by the joyful bliss created in one's imagination. This fresh sparkling fruits, fresh blossoms, sandalwood, and musk fragrance evokes the feeling of joy a women feels when she believes that her dreams will come true - pure bliss.

Notes:
    Pineapple, Blackcurrant, Mango, Pink Lady Apple, Peony, Freesia, Sandalwood, Musk.
    Style:
    Fresh. Spirited. Invigorating.

and (although there is no mention of pineapple notes!):

Only at Sephora! Fuji Flower

Fuji Flower is an exotic fusion of delicious Fuji apple and kumquat, with heart notes of night-blooming jasmine and peach blossoms. Soft woods and sheer musk give this sexy scent a dose of irresistible attraction.

Notes:
    Fuji Apple, Kumquat, Night-Blooming Jasmine, Peach Blossoms, Soft Woods, Sheer Musk.
    Style:
    Feminine. Irresistible. Exotic.

Whew! Hope some of this helps...Keep me posted.

Pacific Paradise Escada has pineapple,
    Top note : Citron Vert, Ananas Victoria, Physalis, Coco
    Middle note : Fleur de Banane, Sucre Candi, Barbe à Papa
    Base note : Muscs, Santal, Ambre, Sel Hawaiien

Live by JLo has it, too,
    Top note : Sicilian Lemon, Orange, Pineapple
    Middle note :Redcurrant, Peony, Violet
    Base note : Caramel, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood
    It smells nice, I like it more than PP, but more of a fruity punch thing. Both are more on the sweet side...

I don't know if that's what you are looking for, for Ananas Fizz is a chypre-fruity.
    Top note : Pamplemousse, Rhum, Bergamote
    Middle note : Ananas Victoria, Litchi, Absolu Rose, Frangipanier
    Base note : Vétiver, Bois de Palmier, Vanille

There is also Sex on the Beach by Demeter Frags Library, "Vodka, unsweetened Pineapple Juice, a touch of Raspberry liquor, a hint of Melon liquor and a splash of Cranberry", but I don't know it so can't say anything. Also not sure you'd like to wear that name :P
    Maybe you could layer with Vetiver...?
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

I've never tried any of the J. Lo fragrances. (Am I the only one left who's missed these?) I hear many good things about them, and now I'd especially like to try Live. I've seen some J. Lo fragrances at different stores but I just haven't gotten around to trying them. How is their lasting power? I'll have to see if one of my Sephoras has Live.

I only know Live, no I also tried Still, but it lost in competition against Stella.

Live has is very long-lasting. Funny thing, I don't notice it change so much. It must be the Caramel, for it comes always and always very strong on my skin.

Audrey the sweet girl :P

PS: love the Live bottle, looks like something from a boheme shop.
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Well, it's not cheap, but I want to mention Caron's Acaciosa in the interest of completeness.

I've been wondering about Acaciosa for a long time. Perfume-Bay has the edt, but I've always been disappointed with Caron's edts. I'll definitely try this one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    I've never tried any of the J. Lo fragrances. (Am I the only one left who's missed these?) I hear many good things about them, and now I'd especially like to try Live. I've seen some J. Lo fragrances at different stores but I just haven't gotten around to trying them. How is their lasting power? I'll have to see if one of my Sephoras has Live.

I think that Miami Glow is much more ananas-y than Live. It also has coconut and smells very tropical and beach like, but not in the irritating way that some fruity ones can be. It's a good scent with a good lasting power. I think this was a limited edition, but I am sure you will be able to find it in many places still, and for a good price.

But really, nothing that I smelled is similar to Anans Fizz, which is a subtle, tart pineapple, with slightly milky powdery base - reminds me of the treatment of figs in Premier Figuier, which I really like as well.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    Tovah, VIP Room is supposed to have ananas among its notes - can't smell it too distinctly though...otherwise I love this soft fruity leather scent, if only it did last longer...
    One of my absolute favorites, but I can't smell the slightest hint of pineapple in it. I had no idea it contained such a thing until now actually Still an amazing scent...

Kiehl's Coriander oil has a bunch of pineapple in it. In fact, when I put that on, pineapple is mostly what I smell in it. A little spicy, a little flowery, but mostly fruity and juicy. That's super cheap, too, like $15 for 1/4 oz or something close to that.

Here are a few more:

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Pineapple
    Yves Rocher - Pineapple EDT ($3.95, too & smells great! [smiley=grin.gif]}
    Vivienne Westwood - Libertine
    Davidoff Woman
    Kookai Ou-Non EDT (find it at Imagionation Perfumes)
    Salvatore Ferregamo - Incanto Dream

Tropique by Monyette is also very fruity in that vibe. Don't know if it contains any actual pineapple essence, but whenever I wear it, that's what I think of: pineapple & coconut.

Escada Rockin' Rio
    Parfums de Coeur Pineapple Fantasy (already mentioned)

8-)

You could try Colony by Jean Patou for a 1940's Coconut Grove, Begin the Beguine take on pineapple. I think you still get a matching handkerchief in the box as well. Very glamorous.

Quote Originally Posted by denstyle
    You could try Colony by Jean Patou for a 1940's Coconut Grove, Begin the Beguine take on pineapple. *I think you still get a matching handkerchief in the box as well. *Very glamorous.
    That sounds like fun! I haven't yet heard of it but I'm still completely unfamiliar with Jean Patou (except for Joy). So many fragrances to try...! I'm going to look for this one, definitely.

I tried J. Lo Live, as recommended above, and it's a really nice fragrance. Actually, I almost bought it on the spot, but convinced myself to see if I could get it cheaper online. It wasn't at all what I expected, because the name "Live" sounds like it would be for a very bright, loud fragrance (like a live concert, I guess). I believe I'll probably purchase this one. I know I'm waaaay behind here, but I finally tried Glo and Miami Glo, too! I liked Glo, but didn't love it, and I was really tempted by Miami Glo for a fun summer fragrance. It's funny that last week I was raving about Frederic Malles and L'Artisans and this week I'm enjoying J.Los. ;D

Ananas Fizz is definitely a future purchase. When I wore it on a day that was sunny and warm I was shocked by how good the lasting power was! It didn't last well when I was cold, but when my skin was warm it was perfect!

I'm on a pineapple kick. I thought I hated fruity scents. Never say never.

Default Re: Love Ananas Fizz! Recs for pineapple fragrances?

You might try whatever the annual Escada happens to be. They often utilize pineapple. Rockin' Rio definitely contains pineapple, if you can locate it-- it's discontinued. I would try Sam's Club or some other discount retailer.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

When I was on the hunt for pineapple a few months ago, I sought and bought samples of Caron's Acaciosa and Jean Patou's Colony. Both were utter duds for me. I thought the Ananas Fizz the purest of the pineapple juices, although just a little too pure, and I couldn't get past the feeling I'd spilled a drink on myself. If you enjoy AF, pop for a decant. Why spend money on anything that, at best, is second best?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Tovah,
    Have you tried Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Pineapple?
    It's not as tart as Ananaz Fizz, but it' lovely. Sweet of course because of the vanilla.
    Than there are quite a few J Lo's that have pineapple. She must like that note too. Miami Glow and Live both have it.
    But there is nothing that I am aware of that is too close to Ananas Fizz - its quite different with that powdery/musk base and the rather tart overall appearance.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Bahiana by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier reminds me of freshly cut pineapple...

-Tero-

Femme de Montblanc is very, very pineappley, as is Presence d'une Femme to a slightly lesser degree. I would call both pineapple scents, rather than scents with pineapple in them, especially Femme. I haven't smelled Ananas Fizz, so i can't make a comparison, but the pineapple note in these two is not very pleasant to my nose. Too sweet and overpowering. But definitely worth a try if you want pineapple!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmeg
    Femme de Montblanc is very, very pineappley, as is Presence d'une Femme to a slightly lesser degree. I would call both pineapple scents, rather than scents with pineapple in them, especially Femme. I haven't smelled Ananas Fizz, so i can't make a comparison, but the pineapple note in these two is not very pleasant to my nose. Too sweet and overpowering. But definitely worth a try if you want pineapple!
    I agree that pineapple perfumes (Patou For Ever), rather than perfumes with a pineapple note (Ananas Fizz), can err on the side of sweetness and may be overpowering.

I shall have to check out Montblanc Femme now, especially with Patou For Ever being discontinued. I find that the almost candied pineapple perfume can be tempered by layering with a dry, mossy amber chypre like Mitsouko or Choc; shown to perfection in the sublime Patou Colony.

(Private: Nutmeg I have PM you, check your message box please - hope to hear from you soon.)
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *