Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help with bath oil needed

Ok, I've already mentioned that L'Amour scent by Farfalla. No one knows it, and not that you miss a lot. It was a gift, and it's all organic essential oil stuff. I've tried everything, but it's a no-go as a perfume.
    Is it possible to convert it to bath oil? How? It is a normal alcohol perfume, so I'm not sure I can simply add it to castor? oil.

It's also that I'm very interested in selfmade bath products, and maybe I could use this bottle before I start buying extra essences...
    I appreciate your help, as always :-* :-* :-*
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help with bath oil needed

I don't know if this will be of ANY help at all, but here goes.

I make scented bath salts with epsom salts and essential oil. Basically, I just put the salts into a jar with a few drops of the fragrance I want to use (in my case, it's usually lavender with a hint of geranium), give a good shake, and then let it sit for a while. When it's added to the bath, the fragrance releases and scents the whole bathroom (I'm not convinced that it scents the skin much, but the experience of a steamy scented bath is fantastic even if the scent doesn't linger on the skin).

I've never tried it, but you could probably do something similar with perfume. Just put the salts in the jar, spray in a good dose of the perfume, shake, let it settle. It would probably "melt" some of the salt crystals, but not that much, I don't think.

You could try it, anyway, unless someone else has a better means of doing this (and they may very well ).

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Post Thanks / Like

Bonni, thank you for your reply!

The only unscented bath salt I could get was the dead sea salt. Hm, I'm gonna try if it works tonight, and I'll report to you tomorrow...
    if I survive ;D
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Look for epsom salts. Very inexpensive. Used extensively in sports medicine for muscle soaks. I buy in bulk at a local discount chemist (drugstore).

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5