Code of Conduct

Default do women like jasmine scents?

this is a question for the ladies, I am wondering if jasmine based scents are fashionable right now? do women still like them?

Default Re: do women like jasmine scents?

Yes.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Oh, yes!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

YES! :-* :-* :-*
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Yes, indeed!

excellent, im formulating one right now

Oh Yes!

Of the ten fragances in my collection, six are containing Jasmine.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Ya, I'd have to say that jasmine is hot at the moment. A La Nuit by Serge Lutens is a nice jasmine-y scent if you're interested in suggestions. As a girl, I can say that it's one I'd certainly notice.

Uh, no, not me. I'm sorry but I can't do scents where jasmine is prominent. But then, I'm just one out of seven!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Plus

It's a favorite of mine! *There are different kinds of jasmine: "Jasminun grandiflorum", *"Jasminun officianalis sambac" & "Jasminun auriculatus"*, just to name a few.

Here is some additional info from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmine

*Latin names were provided by Nature's Gift. *Thank you!

Victoria's blog Bois de Jasmin http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/no...d_ingredients/ is a wonderful source of information regarding jasmines.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

On me ,not much.I have tested so many times A La Nuit ( I'm a Serge Lutens Addict ) but i think that he don't work well on me...

* * Yes, jasmine is my favorite floral! *

Oh yes, most definitely! I wish I could find an exact replica of what the star jasmine scent in California during spring and summer. I'd wear it daily if I found it.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Yes. Love jasmine. My jasmine shrub is beginning to bloom again.

Krysia

Quote Originally Posted by FufuLaRue
    Oh yes, most definitely! *I wish I could find an exact replica of what the star jasmine scent in California during spring and summer. *I'd wear it daily if I found it.
    Oh, how I love the scent of star jasmine! I used to think the original Bill Blass was pretty close to a dead ringer, but it's changed. You might want to try what's available now, though, to see what you think.

Well I thought that I don't like it, but I tend to change my mind after testing Blush by Marc Jacobs.
    It stays fresh! I also reminds me of the jasmin tee that I like so much!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

disguises voice as female...ahem...oh yes jasmine is lovely! especially AG's Le Jasmin ;D

When I lived in California, there was a night-blooming star jasmine bush (shrub? it was on a trellis, if I recall correctly) just outside my bedroom window. On warm evenings I'd open the window and the fragrance would slowly fill the room. Mmmmm.

I love jasmine perfumes, too.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

I like jasmine--my favorite is the rose/jasmine blend Joy. I have the perfume,
    (albeit I've owned it since the 80's--it still smells lovely) and to my nose, jasmine is more dominant than rose in the perfume. I felt it was more dominant in the EDP of that time, also, but the EDT seemed more dominant in rose. I haven't tried the latest forms of Joy--don't know how they compare to those of the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonni Hall
    When I lived in California, there was a night-blooming star jasmine bush (shrub? it was on a trellis, if I recall correctly) just outside my bedroom window. On warm evenings I'd open the window and the fragrance would slowly fill the room. Mmmmm.
    Oh my, I get so jealous, in a good way , and want to smell jasmin right away!!!

Jasmine's one of my obsessions. *If you love it, don't miss A La Nuit, Keiki Mecheri Jasmine, La Chasse aux Papillons, or Creed Jasmal! :-)

Just added - I tried Bvlgari's new Voile de Jasmin and it reminded me a lot of Blush! You may love it!

Ummm - not so much for me. My nose finds it heavy and cloying, even with its usual partner, the rose. (I really cannot stand the actual flower in bloom - almost makes me nauseated.) That said, it is apparent to me from reading this board and perfume blogs that there are many different jasmine incarnations. Perhaps I just haven't found the right one.... Always open to new ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM
    It's a favorite of mine! *There are different kinds of jasmine: "Jasminun grandiflorum", *"Jasminun officianalis sambac" & "Jasminun auriculatus"*, just to name a few.

Here is some additional info from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmine

*Latin names were provided by Nature's Gift. *Thank you!

Victoria's blog Bois de Jasmin http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/no...d_ingredients/ is a wonderful source of information regarding jasmines.
    I love both nature's gift and bois de jasmin! *I also am fond of the various interpratations fo jasmine from the very indolic, intoxicating stuff to the lighter, greener versions. can't get enough of the king of flowers.

love it love it :-*
    Our jasmine bush has just finished flowering for the summer :-[
    Time to prune it off to promote extra blooms when next it flowers.

I dunno whether I can wear jasmine, never considered it.

The answer is yes!!! My favs right now are Bond No.9 Nuits de Noho and Madison Soiree. I love that my husband loves them on me and that they are very longlasting fragrances.

Airy fresh jasmine yes, right now it is very popular.

I usually don`t like strong, dominating jasmine notes ,i don`t have a problem when it`s light ,well blended in the scent. I believe it has to do with the fact that jasmine contains too much indoles ...i some times find even the real jasmine flower`s smell to strong and unpleasant.

Not for me. It's a scrubber. :-X

I dont know if you mean jasmine scents in men's cologne. If so--- a resonding YES!!! HM is sooooo sexy- and all it has is Vanilla, Chocolate, lemon ( I think) and jasmine. It is a sexy, sexy masculine scent. ANd then in women's perfume it is always nice!

I once read Jasmine being associated with the hippie days- and corraled with the likes of patchuolli! I had never thought of it as being "hippie'. A few friends of mine said jasmine is to "aromatherapy-ish". I love it, though.

Count me in on Jasmine. I've always loved it. Especially the fresh blooming flower - intoxicating!

I've just got the Godiva shampoo bar from Lush.
    It smells so good, very true jasmin! It might be great to layer it with Blush.

hm...Lush-Blush ;D

I'm pretty immune to the concept of "fasionable" but I do like jasmine quite a lot. Although lately I'm leaning more toward sambac than grasse because it seems fresher.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Can't speak for the whole sex but I do.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

well I am nearing completion on a jasmine based blend which I will introduce as my first commercial perfume under my new fragrance line, would any of you who replied be interested in testing it? Just leave me your addresses in a PM and I will have some sent to you on the house I'd appreciate just a quick review as feedback if you do decide to sample it.

notes include, fresh aldehydes, berries, green notes, spices, jasmine, rose, mimosa, ylang, magnolia, white musk, sandalwood, agarwood (oud)

It will probably be about 6-8 weeks before I can send out samples but please pm me now thanks

- matt

mmmmm love jasmine... blush is one of my all time favorites but SL Fleurs de Oranger is even better