Code of Conduct

Default Miss Dior Cherie

I tried a sample of this the other evening expecting not to like it and wound up loving it. I also tried Anna Sui's Secret Wish, but the dry down was a let down. I think it might be the green tangerine mixed with the strawberry & violet that has me sold on the Miss Dior Cherie. I'm not much for fruity florals (the last one I bought was Patty LaBelle's Girlfriend because I fell in love with the outstanding interpretation of mimosa), but this one is very nice. Have any of the regulars here tried it, or do any of you own or wear it?
    If so, I would like your opinions on Miss Dior Cherie & if you think there's anything out there that is similar (or more superior) in scent.

Also, on the perfume emporium site someone mentioned in her review that she thought that Miss Dior Cherie & Vivienne Westwood's Libertine were somewhat similar.

Default Re: Miss Dior Cherie

Miss Dior Chérie reminds me of a more playfull/fruity Coco Mademoiselle.
    It seems that Dior is very happy with the results of Miss Dior Chérie as it has been selling very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    It seems that Dior is very happy with the results of Miss Dior Chérie as it has been selling very well.
    I agree. And Coco Mlle reminds me of Allure with patchouli (this also makes sense why Allure Sensuelle, which is just that, reminds me of Coco Mlle).

I also find the new Cartier fragrance, Delices de Cartier to be reminiscent of Miss Dior Cherie, however it has a more oriental base.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Yes, Cedric, now that you mention it, Dior Miss Cherie kind of does remind me of Coco Mademoiselle. As a matter of fact, I picked up my bottle of Coco Mlle this morning & sprayed some on. In the back of my stored senses, I almost instinctively knew that the two would smell alike. It's times like this morning when I am reminded again how powerful the sense of smell is.

I'm sampling Escada's Magnetism today, and that also touches on a few of the notes in Dior Cherie. I can smell more of the caramel in Magnetism, and more of the strawberry/candy in the Cherie. Both are lovely, but I think I'm going to try the Cherie one more time tonight on the way home before I make up my mind on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria
    [quote author=cedriceccentric link=1142527352/0#1 date=1142537737]Miss Dior Chérie reminds me of a more playfull/fruity Coco Mademoiselle.
    I agree. And Coco Mlle reminds me of Allure with patchouli (this also makes sense why Allure Sensuelle, which is just that, reminds me of Coco Mlle).

I also find the new Cartier fragrance, Delices de Cartier to be reminiscent of Miss Dior Cherie, however it has a more oriental base.[/quote]

I have to try Delices, Victoria. I recall how much Must de Cartier reminded me of Obsession when Klein first launched that fragrance.

Hello - I just introduced myself on another post but felt like jumping right in.

I love Miss Dior Cherie. I agree that it is playful with its flirty cheerful strawberry notes. But I also think the drydown is elegant. Very CD. Not a fragrance that only teeny boppers can appreciate. This "type" of fragrance is so ubiquitous right now but I think they did a great job with it, as if they were saying, "let us show you how it should be done." Many people don't agree with me, though, as I've seen it bashed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    Hello - I just introduced myself on another post but felt like jumping right in.

I love Miss Dior Cherie. *I agree that it is playful with its flirty cheerful strawberry notes. *But I also think the drydown is elegant. *Very CD. *Not a fragrance that only teeny boppers can appreciate. *This "type" of fragrance is so ubiquitous right now but I think they did a great job with it, as if they were saying, "let us show you how it should be done." *Many people don't agree with me, though, as I've seen it bashed elsewhere.

Sherrie, I was thinking the same thing, too, after I smelled Dior Cherie. I was expecting it to go all crazy-gourmand & loud, but it developed into something very classy, subtle & sophisticated: typically Parisian. I like Angel, but it always has a tendency to overwhelm me, as with Nirmala. I feel as though the Angel is "wearing me" and not the other way around. I have to apply Angel with a very spare hand. Lolita Lempika has too much pronounced anise for me. Chantall Thomas doesn't last too long on me. I tried Escada Magnetism this morning, but it has since faded down to barely a powder aura. [smiley=sad.gif]

I'm definitely going back to resample Dior Cherie tonight. I barely got to spritz enough on last night at Field's as the saleswoman was giving me weird looks when I second-sprayed my cleavage area... [smiley=rolleyes.gif] Jeez! Well, how can you tell it's "you" if you don't smell it wafting up from the pulse points and cleavage area? Matter of fact, I may go to Nordtrom to buy it on Monday instead. At least their salespeople aren't jail wardens. LOL [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

It reminded me of Max Mara, but I'd have to revisit both to say anything more...
    It seems to be so candy sweet that I never actually tried it on my skin. It must be the pop corn...
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

RitaMae, I prefer to buy fragrances at our local Nordstrom. The SA's there are friendly and seem to enjoy what they do. They are fairly generous with samples, too, which is always nice.

I am very happy to read this thread, now I know that I am not crazy! I first smelled Miss Dior Cherie because a female friend of mine bought it. I found it a bit too strong on the strawberry leaf note, but beautifully made. A week later another female friend bought Coco Mademoiselle and I immediately associated to Miss Dior Cherie! I prefer Coco Mademoiselle, though. I actually adore that scent, and often recommend it!

I love this fragrance. I bought some for my mom and sis. It smells so good. Two other female scents that I love are I love, I love, and Light Blue.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I rubbed the paper sample of Miss Dior Cherie on our dog, and the whole family raved about how beautiful she smelled (more than they've commented about anything I've ever worn!?). Sure, Pieper (PI-purr) finds her holy grail on the first try. I sample 20 dozen scents and haven't been nearly so successful.

So, now I'm arranging a sample swap to get more MDC--f-o-r t-h-e d-o-g!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    I rubbed the paper sample of Miss Dior Cherie on our dog, and the whole family raved about how beautiful she smelled (more than they've commented about anything I've ever worn!?). Sure, Pieper (PI-purr) finds her holy grail on the first try. I sample 20 dozen scents and haven't been nearly so successful.

So, now I'm arranging a sample swap to get more MDC--f-o-r t-h-e d-o-g!

Jeez...you can`t be serious, Quarry ... ;D

Our Biggs has an extremely pungent BO, maybe I should try spraying him with my sample of "Sticky cake"... Hopefully, it at least holds him from the kitchen, begging to lick the bowl when I`m baking.
    :

Oops, forgot; I love Miss Dior Cherie. A bit sweet, but that`s just my cup of tea.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I did finally purchase Miss Dior Cherie & I'm pretty happy with it. [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Every now & then catch a lingering glimpse of it on my winter gloves & am reminded of how subtle & yet rich a fragrance it is. It is sweet, but not cloyingly so, at least not on me. Which is rare, as most gourmand fragrances tend to go the cheap vanilla sugar route on me. At the very end of the dry down, I can still detect strawberry & just a hint of caramel, but they are not overwhelming.