Code of Conduct

Default If fragrance expresses a personality....

If your fragrance expresses your personality what would yours be?
    Generally my perfume says "kind, warm-hearted,yet vulnerable woman," but sometimes
    it says "don't mess with me!." Maybe I'm a fragrant bi-polar!!
    I like floral chypres and orientals, but I also love those aldehydes.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: If fragrance expresses a personality....

Contradictory? I do feel like my fragrance choices, which lean heavily towards the very rich, woody, resinous, spicy, oriental or chypre scents, contrast with my physical appearance, which has been described as Alice In Wonderland wearing Business Black. Other words, I kind of look like the sort of person who should wear light flowery or fruity things and yet I very rarely do.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

I wouldn't know how to describe it.
    I think my perfumes mostly reveal an introversion and mystery about me. Some are hard choices ( Bandit , Opium , Mitsouko ,Passage d'enfer etc. ) for the general public.
    On the other hand I revel in this impression , so it's also intentional in part.
    I become "lighter and briskier" in my perfume choices when faced with something very casual or in very hot weather ( well , I have to....alas)

I'm all over the map, fragrance-wise, but it really depends on my mood and the weather. I find that the fragrances that make me feel happiest, are sunny and happy sort of fragrances: greens/florals with woody bases, or sunshiny fruity/florals, natural fragrances from the meadows and woods. I think they best express my actual personality - or at least the "me" I idealize within myself. :-)
    I'm definitely intrigued by the darker more mysterious fragrances, but they aren't really me, just stops of interest along the journey.

I wear many different fragrances. I suppose what it says about me is, "Fickle," or, at the very least, "Flirt". (I am a flirt, even after all these years of monogamy, but I'm only fickle when it doesn't really count in the long run ).

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

More and more I am learning to appreciate a WIDE variety of scents... I've somewhat always been a bit of a connoisseur as well as a collector... and will never forger my first collection... My parents took me to Tunis with them on a 4 week vacation in Tunisia when I was 10, and instantly I fell in love with all the smells, of that country - the spices, and herbs, the sweets... even the smell of the fish market intrigued me... Really it was love at first sniff... Oh and my 1st visit to a real perfumery with my father who let me choose a bunch of fragrance oils that were then pured into small sample vials... I still remember how I cherished them. But those fragrances where simply divine!!! When I received samples from Ayala, who could not have been more kind to me!!!! (Thank you Ayala)... out of no where some of those memories flooded back... In her own creations she brought that smell of Africa to my nose and my home in an instant... very exotic, very unique, so unforgettable!!!

I think that what my fragrance selection says about me is that I love to learn and experience new things continuously... I am always looking for a new, fun way to experience the world... some new adventure... (therefore always on the look out for a new, unique scent). I love all that is mysterious... I love all that is laughter, I love all that is pink and red, and purple... often that is reflected in my fragrance selection as well... I love the feel of plush and soft and silky fabric, I love the look of lace... I love spring and summer... and the smell of dry leaves in autumn... I love BIG FLUFFY SNOWFLAKES and warm cashmere scarves in winter... I also love the way I feel when I wear leather, and high-heel shoes... I really do have a wide variety of scents I enjoy... perhaps I just want to enjoy it all
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Mine would be "Manic." You'd think "Mania" would be my favorite fragrance, but no. I just love so damned many frgrances, they've gone beyond the hobby phase. I say mania because when I get it into my head that I have to have a certain perfume, I take off in manic search of it like some explorer whisking off to ancient Egypt to unearth some unfound treasure. I want to know everything about from who created it to who wore it & why.
    The video promo for that would be Gloria Swanson moving down that staircase in Sunset Boulevard in slow motion, wide-eyed & doing the dance of the seven veils. LOL [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] And my bottle would have a small scupture of a monkey on top. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    The older I get, the more I can identify with that Norma Desmond character. The glamour was all in her head, and she refused to believe that it was too late for anything - a career, a new man, a new "mania." If more women thought & modeled themselves after the old 20's, 30's & 40's screen sirens, what a wonderful time for women that would be in this century! I mean, really, would you rather go into a meeting thinking "Lindsay Lohan patterning will get me this new account" or, would you rather go in there like Diana Vreeland, sweep the room off its feet & before half the men in the room knew what hit them, have them all sign on the dotted line? Those old broads really had something.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

... then I am satisfied by nature's elegant creations--a blossom, a root, a leaf, a roasted bean.

Simplicity pleases my mind and tastes.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Mysterious, complex and unexpected (Chanel #5). Unique and unpredictable (Bandit). Transporting one to other places, other cultures, and other times (Arabie). Bewitching and beautiful enough to make you cry (Vol de Nuit, Chergui, Hiris). Unfolding the beauty and power of nature (Fracas, Nahema, Enjoy).

What a great thought piece.

Krysia

My fragrances collection does reflect my personality, soft, sweet, timid, sometimes delicious, and occasionally wild as hell.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart
    If your fragrance expresses your personality what would yours be?
    Great. *My collection says I am a seventy-five year-old man.

hmmm, im pretty sure mine would say that i have a really short attention span

which is sadly very true as i suddenl remember things i was supposed to do today that i forgot about

Looking at my collection one might guess I was a flower in my last life...
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

I own just too many fragrances, but I hardly think I'm fickle...I think there's so many facets in me that can be explored and expressed in fragrance.

So many personalities clash with me so it wouldn't even help if I listed it here.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Daring perhaps is my most prominent personality I think because I am rarely intrigued by meek or mild fragrances.

Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

Hm, I have to say that my wardrobe corresponds to ever changing woman as only Geminis are ;D