Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Don't you just hate it when...

...you realise halfway through the day that you're wearing the wrong perfume. This morning i thought il'd wear Alien by Thierry Mugler, i was in a floral mood. It got to about 12 0 clock and i just absolutely hated the way i smelt. I would have much rather been wearing my Alexander McQueen Kingdom summer, or DKNY Be Delcious for men, something a bit lighter. I dont like making mistakes

This ever happen to anyone else?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Don't you just hate it when...

Yes! And then I can't get rid of the anxiety and the bad mood the wrong fragrance causes. All I want to do is go home and spray something else, or shower and start all over again. It sounds crazy, but this is something that really, really bugs me.

Public Nose-Health Notice: DO NOT spray La Chasse aux Papillons over Fifi Chachnil.

I wore Fifi throughout the day yesterday to test it. When I got home I needed to perk up. Thinking the Fifi must have sufficiently faded, I doused myself in La Chasse. I left for a conference, and about 5 minutes into it Fifi reignited herself on my skin and mixed in a hideous way with La Chasse. I almost threw up. All I could think about was running for rubbing alcohol.

Oh - I feel your pain!

Are you able to leave at a break to go to a boutique & spray something else?

Basenotes Plus

Unfortunately not, i work in a call centre at the moment until i start at University in september. So there are no boutiques near. lol Maybe i should take spare ones to work with me. To avoid disaster

Tom
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sometimes has happened, yes. And I mean that not just a "wrong" scent for that specific day, but a WRONG scent overall.
    For example, I once had this "chypre-phase", when I bought almost every chypre frag I got in my hands. One day I bought Aramis, which is a respectable classic, as everyone knows. Then, couple of days later I wore it outside, and suddenly I felt absolutely uncomfortable. I realized this scent "wasn`t me", I couldn`t pull it off. Eventually I thought I had to get the f*** out of there - and I did. Into the shower I went, and put something more decent on.
    Naturally, I haven`t woren Aramis ever since, although I still own that bottle. It is a large (110ml) one, but I think I have it in my collection, just for historical reasons. :

Yes, this has happened to me, too! It is very frustrating! One doas not know where to go, and everything becomes horrible!

Since half a year I bring a little bottle of perfume with me wherever I go, a perfume I know is "always right", so I can correct my perfume if this terrible thing shoud happend. I will never, never again be in that situation! For the moment the little bottle is SJP Lovely, a very fun fragance, who is very good mixed with many other perfumes. So I can rectify a mistake easy... Lovely is nice on it´s own, too.

I wish everyone to find their own saivor-perfume!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

This happens to me all the time, since I am now in a period of testing samples. It ruins my day almost, if I have something on that I dont like, I`m not able to concentrate on anything than that...Because of this I always carry with me my roll on-decant of Kingdom.

:-*
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Yeah, this happens to me sometimes. I think I want to wear one thing and then after a while (sometimes only an hour or so) I find myself craving something else.

Thankfully, I work from home, so if it REALLY starts to bug me, I can go have a quick wash and change fragrances.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Yes, I can't stand it when that happens. That is why I usually try new fragrances on my wrist only - so I can wash them off quickly. Or try them before I go to work out and than I wash them off in the shower... It hardly ever happens that anything from my wardrobe makes me feel like this. When I am not sure what to wear, I sniff all my options, and than reach for the one I want most - or opt for one of my safe scents that I never regret wearing to avoid such an event from happening
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Yes! That happens when I'm sampling and I think ooooh, this is just so not working on me halfway through the day. I can't wait till I get home to wash it off and usually end up taking a whole bath to get rid of the scent. Or especially when sampling at the mall. Thank God for my antibaterial wash in the car or somedays I'd end up with a migrane before I made it home(I also carry advil in case it's too late

Yes! That happens all the time. I just change my mood half way through the day and all of the sudden I want to have something else on. Taking an extra shower is too much work so I just stick with the one I have on at present.

I think that when there is a change in the weather I feel it more. I sometimes think it is cloudy and cool so I'll wear something for that weather but then it heats up and gets nice and I'm wearing somethinng way too heavy. Colorado weather is crazy like that and will go from below freezing to 70's in one day. Errrgg.

happens to me a lot, especially lately since i've been working hard to increase my fragrance experiences. yesterday, for instance, i felt like i was being punished all day long by the miserable Teint de Neige that I sprayed on in the morning. I came close to skipping lunch in favor of running home to shower it off at midday.

More often than that, though, I'm finding that a lot of fragrances I try out in the morning, intending to live in them over the course of the day, end up fading away before I even make it into my store in the morning. Amazing how many frags, even very high-end ones, have no staying power at all.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/