Code of Conduct

Default Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

So I went to Aedes in NYC and all I got was one fantastic perfume and 10 samples...

Not a gourmand/fruit fan, but Daim Blond (White Suede) EdPmakes me feel virtually edible! The opening hawthorn / iris notes fade into a delicious apricot just on the edge of too-sweet girliness. Suede leather slides in softly, redeeming the composition and adding a subtle erotic touch. Sillage is subtle but present, lasting on my (dry) skin about 4 hours. The 1.7 oz bottle was US $130.

I also tried Douce-Amere (Bittersweet) and Ambre Sultan. They were out of Ambre Sultan or I would have been horribly conflicted between it and the Daim Blond. Douce-Amere was my 3rd choice - the anise was just a touch too strident, I think - although I want to try it again.

The gentleman at Aedes (www.aedes.com) was absolutely wonderful and loaded me up with samples of other scents he thought I might like:

Serge Lutens EdP:
    Arabie, Santal Blanc, Ambre Sultan

Etro (they have the entire line):
    Ambra

L'Artisan EdT:
    Safran Troublant, Passage D'Enfer, Mechant Loup, Voleur de Roses, Dzing!, Tea for Two

On another note - those Etro scents were intriguing. I haven't seen much on the blogs/boards about the line but would like to know more. Wish I'd had time to sample those, too.

Default Re: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

I wanted to like Daim Blond in the worst way, but I just couldn't. I am too girly, and must have my flowers, preferably without noticable fruit.
    The Douce Amere is good for me, however. I am major fond of an anise note in about anything, and if it's obvious, then I will obviously like it. It's interesting to me to be in the minority! I don't like amber at all. I don't like a chocolate note. I don't like clove and exotic spices.

I do like this Creed Vanisia I am testing today. I believe it has an anise note!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Hi,

I have a sample of Daim Blond and have tried it once. Am waiting for the right moment to try again and think about my impressions. It is beautiful and really does smell like suede.

I have sampled Chergui and will sooner or later probably buy it from Aedes. It bowled me over with its beauty. I couldn't stop smelling myself. I am saving the rest of my sample for a special occasion. The funny thing is that osmoz Considers chergui to be for men. I think it is very feminine. Daim blond seems unisex.

Arabie to me seems unisex leaning a bit more to the male side. Osmoz indicates that Arabie is for women. Well I know that it all depends on how it smells on you.

Krysia

Douce Amere was a great disappointment for me. Too different strident notes, too fruity; it remembered me a cheap airfreshener my mom used for diningroom.
    Daim blond is another masterpiece from Lutens; after having seen many suede scents finally Serge gave his hyperbolic interpretation of suede. Unfortunately on me apricot notes are very prominant respect to suede, so I feel it a bit too feminine for me.
    However I'm sure that some daim blond addict like Mr. Shifts can praise it better than me...

Hehe, I read this thread last night to see if I had something to say on the subject, but decided to wait. I still don't know what to say really, but I absolutely adore both Daim Blond and Chergui. Chergui might be the best scent (and smell) I've ever encountered, but I don't want to wear it too often, just to keep it special and dear to my heart. Daim Blond on the other hand is a scent I'm planning on making my exclusive scent for a month and wear that and nothing else, no matter my mood or occasion. Just to force it to become my signature. I've had one signature scent before, one that people always connected to me and that was Cuiron. That was several years ago though and before this fragrance crazy I'm deep into now...

I really think it is that good, and versatile. I'm a man who tends to pick feminine scents as my favorites (or scents other find feminine, not I) and I guess Daim Blond follow those guidelines...

Super smooth and silky like, softer that suede really. Can't get enough.

summer means fireflys

You got some great scents to sample! I haven't tried Daim Blond, yet, and that's odd, since I'm such a fan of both Serge Lutens and leather scents.

I also love amber, and Ambre Sultan and Etro Ambra are my two favorites! Ambra for when you want your amber soft and whisper-y. And Ambre Sultan for when you want it to kick some ass.

Etro is a great line! After Ambra, my favorites are: Heliotrope, Shaal Nur, and Magot.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I loved the opening of Daim Blond I even got a little suede then it all turned into apricote jam on me.
    Etro's Ambra was also far too sweet for my taste,almost made my teeth ache!!!
    DONNA

The fabulous, sexy, sophisticated, luxurious smelling Daim Blond is a cool weather staple of mine. *Subtle enough for day and work, it*gets just the right type of attention.

The apricot kernal oil note is very subtle - slightly nutty, not fruity. *I do not think it is the source of the slight sweetness that does push this fragrance ever so slightly to the feminine side. If anything there is a tinge of bitterness to it that reinforces the suede sense. Fortunately, my chemistry does not evoke anything like apricot jam. How distressing. *The suede/skin notes are very erotic, haunting. This is a stunning fragrance. It smells very luxe and it lingers in one's imagination and memory.

what do you think about a male wearing this?>

I retried this about two years ago. It was a WOW!!!!!! moment, total passionate love. I had to buy it. Such a turn around from when I first tried it on its release. The apricot jam is still there but now whether my skin has changed or now???? It mixes wonderfully with the suede notes.

Oh without a doubt a man can wear this. It has always been classed as unisex anyway.
    DONNA

I too am a HUGE fan of Daim Blond and Douce Amere.
    They are both almost Holy Grail scents for me.
    Serge is one talented guy.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Fine for a guy but test it first and see what you think.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Aedes.

I love Daim Blond. It is perhaps my most favorite SL, and I think it is the best suede I've smelled. It helps that I love apricots, of course, and here, we have a rich, apricot note at its best. I also like the slightly spicy accord in the dry-down although I am not sure what exactly it is.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I wear it and I'm already on my 2nd bottle (which is rare considering my wardrobe size). Daim Blond is one of my absolute favorites from this house - on my skin, it's magic.

I'm also a member of the Daim Blond Fan Club. Simply wonderful! I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again. Once when wearing this scent I received a compliment from a young gentlemen, it went something like this "You smell like a million bucks." And you know what.....I did