Code of Conduct

Default young fragrances that are still sophisticated

I am young and have learnt to respect my superiors *;D in subjects which i'm not too experienced in. and as I am young, and can't wear certain perfumes as i am, apparently, of the perfumer's "generation y" .

* :rolls eyes at silly term*

i would like to know a sophisticated, but youthful fragrance *as a change from my old favourite perfume. (which has run out, and to be honest was getting a bit bored of when it became 'fashionable' and everyone started using it)

hopefully that doen't smell of fruit punch. * :P

although i don't mind fruity/oceanic scents. (eg. cool water or escada's ibiza thing.)

but i am looking for a more sophisticated and grown up perfume that will still be youthful. so fresh and elegant is what i'm looking for.

i quite like maybe baby (benefit), and chanel chance (i think) but i might be walking around smelling like an idiot. so correct me!

ps. it should probably have good longevity as i AM an Active young girl ;D

ta very much!!!

ps. i also like chanel no. 19 but i should probably get more life experience first. because i've heard you have to be older. so anything similar but younger? or can you be young and wear it?

Default Re: young fragrances that don't smell of plastic f

what was your old perfume? never smelled Maybe Baby, but i like Chance a lot.

i also like:

Imperial Jade Empress by Agatha Brown
    Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
    Spring Flower by Creed (my fav!)
    No. 19 by Chanel (not sure if i'd classify this one as "young" though...)

you could also try Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. personally, i don't find it that great, but it's very popular.

oh yeah. welcome to bn.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Default Re: young fragrances that don't smell of plastic f

Romance Sparkling Mist by Ralph Lauren (Limited Edition 2002/1/3 (not sure))

i think it's Ambry Woods, Floral, and Dry Woods

i suggest you google it.

its pretty hard to track down though.

Default Re: young fragrances that are still sophisticated

How about "Petite Cherie" by Annick Goutal? It's a clean fruity-floral which smells of pear, rose and musk.

for more info: http://www.annickgoutal.nl/en/fragra...itecherie.html

Narciso Rodriguez and/or Channel No. 22 might fill the ticket. Good luck!
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by lloydy
    ps. i also like chanel no. 19 but i should probably get more life experience first. because i've heard you have to be older. so anything similar but younger? or can you be young and wear it?
    Of course, you can be young and wear it. *I was and did. *Listen, trust your nose. *If you love it, wear it. *If you feel it's not appropriate for certain occasions, you could try Cristalle. *No. 22 that Fufu suggested is definitely elegant. *The new Jennifer Lopez Live is very nice. *Others: *Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, Versace Crystal Noir, Carlos Santana for Women, Aquolina Pink Sugar (check it out at Sephora.com or imaginationperfumery.com), Escada Rockin Rio, Tommy Bahama for Women, Miss Dior Cherie, Pure Poison... there's just so many. *Have fun!

Edited because I crossed my Goutal with my Dior and ended up with Miss Dior Petite Cherie instead of Miss Dior Cherie. Sheesh.

Try Miss Dior Cherie. It's playful, yet sophisticated. And not too fruity, although I've heard people refer to it as such.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Ladylonestar

FroFro, if you hadn't posted that, I most likely wouldn't have realized that I typed "Miss Dior Petite Cherie" instead of Miss Dior Cherie, so... thanks! (It's been a long day.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    FroFro, if you hadn't posted that, I most likely wouldn't have realized that I typed "Miss Dior Petite Cherie" instead of Miss Dior Cherie, so... thanks! (It's been a long day.)
    I bet you just meant to get the smaller size first, just to make sure it "works". ;D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by FroFro
    I bet you just meant to get the smaller size first, just to make sure it "works". * ;D
    Good one! ;D ;D ;D It's Cedric's fault -- he got me confused with his Petite Cherie recommendation. And I just want to say that I have typed "Petitie" instead of "Petite" I don't know how many times tonight. Geez... why is "petite" so difficult to type? It doesn't even look right -- that's how tired I am. :-[

Hmm- maybe something from the Bulgari line? Bulgari pour Femme or Omnia?

Miriam Mirani has three new fragrances in the Aqaba line- Jewels of Blue, Midnight Sun & Sands of Aqaba. They are all very pretty and brand new- suitable for fresh, young lasses. And they have good staying power. You also won't smell like everyone else. Samples at: http://www.mirani.com/ or http://www.luckyscent.com
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    [quote author=FroFro link=1138822590/0#8 date=1138859345]I bet you just meant to get the smaller size first, just to make sure it "works". ;D
    Good one! ;D ;D ;D It's Cedric's fault -- he got me confused with his Petite Cherie recommendation. And I just want to say that I have typed "Petitie" instead of "Petite" I don't know how many times tonight. Geez... why is "petite" so difficult to type? It doesn't even look right -- that's how tired I am. :-[ [/quote]
    Petitie is just a more cutesy way to say Petite. You know, like lovey-dovey, sweetie-petitie.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

thanks

i might try cristalle tester, cashmere mist tester aquolina pink sugar, orr miss dior cherie. and no 19 ;D and the petite cherie one. if i can find any minis

LLoydy,

I have a daughter who is young; current (that is hip but not jaded); casually, artisitcally elegant and energetic. She has wit, style and zing. She, too, wishes her scent to be distinctive (not like everyone else) yet not to shout, "Here I am!" from a distance of ten yards. *Does not want to smell like a fruit salad, or ozonic-marine, wishes to smell sensuous but not cheap. obvious or old-lady oriental.

she likes Marc Jacobs, but won't wear precisely because it is too common.

So her short list of scents you don't smell every day on everyone, are young but not little girl:

L'Artisan's La Chasse aux Papillons or LCAP Extreme (the perfume version)
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...4&section=

Nanadebarry -original Pink, but the bronze and green are lovely, too.
    http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...gory_Code=NANA

Creed Spring Flower -- scent created for Audrey Hepburn and now worn reportedly *by Gwenyth Paltrow. fruity, light with amber for warmth and rouned elegance.
    http://www.parfumsraffy.com/springflower.html

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger exquisite white flowers,
    http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1279

Kai Fragrance Oil roll-on style applicator. Scent worn by Tea Leoni, Reese Witherspoon, white flowers with Gradenia, fresh a little exotic
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...&section=1

Here´s some sugestions, too, for a young lady. Not difficult to find, but very nice fragances, worth a try, I hope. All of these I would dare to buy to a woman in Your age.
    Sensi white notes
    Armani Mania
    Gucci EdP II
    Armani City Glam for Her
    Versace Woman
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

LLoydy,
    If you like No. 19 than you should wear it. You don't need to wait for "life experience"!
    Other green scents that are somewhat similar and you may like - and are more youthful and less sophisticated than No. 19 are:
    1) Vent Vert (by Balmain - you absolutely must try this one - it's the first green floral ever made and simply marvellous)
    2) Cabotine (Gres)
    3) Ivoire (Balmain)
    4) Eau de Camille (Annick Goutal) - this is innocent and young and very classy

Other youthful and cheerful florals that you must try:
    1) Spring Flower (Creed) - it's my favourite fruity floral, crisp and with a hint of watery notes, lots of rose and jasmine - it's spring in a bottle
    2) Diorissimo - this used to be my "essence of spring" scent for me. If you like Lily of the Valley you would love this one. It also has jasmine and boronia
    3) Joy EDT - a lovely floral bouquet - rose, jasmine, lily of the valley and top notes of peach
    4) Bvlgari femme (the original perfume for women - the floral one with the roses and violets, not to be confused with the many other Bvlgaris - though they are nice too)
    5) Allure (Chanel) - try the EDT or the Parfum - it's white floral and creamy, not unlike Maybe Baby
    6) Try anything from Anna Sui's line - Dolly Girl, Dreams, Secret Wish - they are quite nice (though different from each other) but all very girly and young in a most appealing way).
    7) Pure Poison (Dior) - I like this one quite a bit and it's not hard to find. It's nice in the summer too. White florals - orange blossom, gardenia, over a base of musk and amber.

Good luck and enjoy finding new perfumes - it's fun!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

I like the marc jacobs ones you suggested, i ordered some tester bottles and it smells great, esp. when layered with my Romance SM.

any other suggestions?

I also support wearing what you like--age/life experience be damned.

Some sophisticated scents I wore when I was around your age:

Tiffany
    Poison
    Cristalle

I still love these three today. But seriously, go with what you love.

p.s. the lasting power of Tiffany is INCREDIBLE.

Oh, you want a more grown-up scent? You should try "Youth Dew", by Estee Lauder. But only if you are in your 80's and barely have the capacity to smell anything, any longer.

--Sorry--- I just have to take any opportunity I have to stop people from trying the world's most offensive "Old- Lady" scent that was ever created. The fact that it is called "Youth Dew" is sooo ironic I want to laugh myself to my grave whenever I think of it!

I am 27 years old--- trying to be grown-up and still young, also.--

Chance is a wonderful grown-up girl fragrance. You know what else is? All of Carolina Herrara's perfumes. Really classic- but still youthful. Especially the " 212 Sexy" fragrance. It has cotton candy in it- but is very sophisticated. Try it!!!

Okay, I have a 20 year old daughter, and here are some of the ones she likes or which I think would suit her (your mileage may vary).

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers (has the advantage of being not too expensive)
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (ditto)
    Lancome Miracle (has some variations, apparently "So You" is aimed at younger women such as yourself)
    Cool Water Woman

Really, though, it's whatever you like. Honestly. When I was 19 I was wearing Estee Lauder White Linen (now considered by many to be an "old lady" scent, but I'm an old lady now, so there you go), and getting many compliments on it, so it really just depends on the young woman and the perfume and the chemistry, in my personal opinion.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Hi lloydy, I wore #19 when I was sixteen. *Also Chamade. I also had Givenchy Gentleman because I loved the scent. I wore all kinds of frags. *You mentioned Chance - it's youthful and rather nice I think. It has a touch of patchouli I believe, which means you might also like Prada. * I like Burberry Brit (the gold plaid bottle, the almondy scent). Flower Bomb. Miss Dior Cherie. Lancome's new one, Hypnose, would be nice for a young person (I'm loving it myself right now). *It seems that all the newer scents are intended for younger people.

Just want to add - I enjoy so many of the scents that are geared to younger people. But I also still like the ones from my youth that are now considered old lady. As Bonni says, I am an old lady! :-) I think you should wear what makes you feel good.

By "young" do you mean "fairly new" and opposed to "classic"? Or do you mean "appropriate for younger women"?

Some newer fragrances that I think are refined are:

Coco Mademoiselle
    Vera Wang
    Miss Dior Cherie
    Marc Jacobs
    Stella
    Dior Addict
    Guerlain Champs-Elysees
    Very Irresistible
    Ralph Lauren Blue
    Kai
    Monyette
    La Maison de la Vanilles

Some classics:

La Chasse aux Papillons
    Anais Anais
    Violetta di Parma
    Verveine de Molinard
    Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley

Quote Originally Posted by snikersprincess
    Oh, you want a more grown-up scent? *You should try "Youth Dew", by Estee Lauder. *But only if you are in your 80's and barely have the capacity to smell anything, any longer.

--Sorry--- I just have to take any opportunity I have to stop people from trying the world's most offensive "Old- Lady" scent that was ever created. *The fact that it is called "Youth Dew" is sooo ironic I want to laugh myself to my grave whenever I think of it!
    Well, actually I know quite a few people in their 20s, myself included, who appreciate and wear Youth Dew. I think it depends on how well it works with one's chemistry, how much one applies and what style one wears. It can be a great evening vintage scent with that 50s luxury appeal to it.
    Think Ava Gardner.

---Sorry---I just felt like giving a different opinion, to encourage more people to try YD.
    I mean, why not decide yourself?
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by audrey
    I just felt like giving a different opinion, to encourage more people to try YD.
    I mean, why not decide yourself?
    I don't like YD, but I agree that people should try for themselves. There are fragrances that I could never (and would never) wear that smell fantastic on other women my age or even younger. Perfume is always a really personal thing, I find.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

With regard to YD, it's the heavy hit of patchouli that provokes such extreme responses I think. Some people love patchouli while others can't abide it. I can't wear YD because "it wears me". But I loooove the way it smells on some people. Yum. To be honest, I don't think of it as a young girl's fragrance, but of course it depends on the individual. Rules are made to be broken. ;-)