Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Shock of Un Lys

A wonderful Ebay seller included a sample of SL Un Lys with my purchase of a decant of A La Nuit. *I never, ever thought I would like a lily perfume. *Never. *The smell of lily usually reminds me of guest soap or closet sachets, so I've never sought out a lily fragrance. *I've smelled other lily fragrances that I felt were downright stinky. * Un Lys is beautiful. *Shockingly so. Yes, it smells like lily, but it's deep, slightly mysterious, and very "pure" smelling. *I may have to buy a decant of this.

Default Re: The Shock of Un Lys

Un Lys is a very lovely lily and another mysterious, beautiful lily fragrance is Lys Méditerranée by Frederic Malle

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find Un Lys so lovely that it hurts, crossing the pleasure threshold to border on discomfort. I periodically revisit my sample vial, but it smells too intense to wear. It's the only fragrance that has made me say, "I'm not worthy." ;D
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    I find Un Lys so lovely that it hurts, crossing the pleasure threshold to border on discomfort. I periodically revisit my sample vial, but it smells too intense to wear. It's the only fragrance that has made me say, "I'm not worthy." ;D
    Some lilies (the trumpet regale variety for example) are overpowering. They dominate the neighborhood with their scent which is particularly strong in the evening. It would be difficult to wear anything this strong unless it is diluted.

Post Thanks / Like

I opened my bottle of Un Lys just a couple of days ago. I posted a review of my impressions. The soaps and sachets I think of are Lily-of-the-Valley, Mugent. Mugent and true lilies are oh so completely different plants and scents. Its funny that a sense of unworthiness was mentioned because I got a bit of that too. It made me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, because it is not an innocent fragrance but still very genteel and beautiful. If I were to put on one of my summer silk dresses ( I have two) and wear a hat to watch rich, handsome men play polo, I'd feel a tad in over my head. Especially if Richard Gere were watching me.

On the other hand, On this lovely Sunday morning, fresh from my shower with none of the mundane tasks of life pressing me, I can sit on my deck and watch the daffodils sway in the breeze. My son comes smiling to me with a new card trick to show off and the puppy snoozes in the soft shade, lifting his head when three geese fly over.

It seems just right to me.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Shycat I am very jealous of the daffodils. So far all I have is slush to look at. Spring is a wonderful time with heavenly scents served up by Mother Nature.

Post Thanks / Like

;D ;D ;D You're in a good place, K!!! You're in L'eau d'Hiver land!!! From Lutens, you need Datura Noir...
    Please, spritz responsibly.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    On the other hand, *On this lovely Sunday morning, fresh from my shower with none of the mundane tasks of life pressing me, *I can sit on my deck and watch the daffodils sway in the breeze. * *My son comes smiling to me with a new card trick to show off and the puppy snoozes in the soft shade, lifting his head when three geese fly over.

It seems just right to me.
    I'm getting in my truck, grabbing Veronica, and heading over to join in this blissful scene!
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    ;D ;D ;D You're in a good place, K!!! * You're in *L'eau d'Hiver land!!! * *From Lutens, you need Datura Noir...
    I will definitely check these out. I like the idea of the "water of winter" (very poetic) and I have no Malle perfumes so far.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 1/6 oz decant of SL Un Lys last year, and I used up the decant pretty quickly because I liked it so much. *It is a very psychologically uplifting and meditative fragrance, IMO. *I am a man, and Un Lys is unfortunately too much for me to wear to the office or to most social events. *I am glad you have reminded me about Un Lys because now that I am reminded of it, I think I will acquire another decant of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I found this accidentaly on eBay, it seems to be pretty cheap and there are 7 bottles, new and packed. You might want to check it out!
    http://search.ebay.de/un-lys_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

It's no advertisement. Lily is not my fav
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.