Code of Conduct

Default Originals, Dupes, & Layering

I know this has probably been requested about a thousand times, but there's always new information, so I'll bring it up again and hope that I'm not irritating.

I'm looking for an etailer that makes good fragrance duplicates as well as some nice original blend fragrances. I've found some places that make wonderful duplicates of vanilla or amber scents (such as Vaniglia del Madagascar and Ambra del Nepal) but I haven't found a place that makes accurate, or original-smelling floral blends. (Of course, I am "new" to florals...) I have yet to smell a dupe of something that isn't vanilla or amber that actually smells like what it's supposed to duplicate. I'd like to find body washes and lotions to layer with fragrances, too.

I have NO talent for mixing my own fragrances. None at all. None whatsoever. None. When it comes to mixing fragrances I am a Danger to Olfactory Peace. Therefore places like the The Scent Works, don't help me (unless I've missed something on the site, which is entirely possible). I'm hoping to find blends, not soliflores, so that there's no temptation for me to try to mix my own fragrances. (In my home office lurks a stench resulting from a spill the last time I attempted to be a Nose. It's been there for several years, and nothing within my scope of knowledge makes it go away. I've thought of bringing a skunk inside to spray that spot on the carpet, just to get the spot to smell better, but I can't catch one. My cats won't even soil that spot (or go near it, for that matter). It smells a lot like a decaying animal.)

Also, I don't like fragrance oils (the ones I've tried anyway - they've all smelled like the homeopathic medicine aisles in Henry's Marketplace and/or had 0 lasting power), so I'm hoping to find a place that has edts/edps as an option. Please keep in mind that I have zero talent for blending, which may constitute some of my issues with oils.

Any and all help and recommendations will be appreciated and enjoyed!

Default Re: Originals, Dupes, & Layering

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    (In my home office lurks a stench resulting from a spill the last time I attempted to be a Nose. It's been there for several years, and nothing within my scope of knowledge makes it go away. I've thought of bringing a skunk inside to spray that spot on the carpet, just to get the spot to smell better, but I can't catch one. My cats won't even soil that spot (or go near it, for that matter). It smells a lot like a decaying animal.)
    Try some of the stuff that's used to get pet stench out of carpets and such. You can get it from a pet store, it's generally not very expensive. And if that doesn't work, have you tried "Febreeze" (I think in the States it's "Fabreeze" but I can't remember any more)? I found Fabreeze very good for getting pet stink out of carpet, but you have to reapply several times for it to really do any good.

However, if the stink has gotten through the carpet to the underlying padding, you might have to pull up the carpet (and padding) to get rid of it. Still give it a really good soak with the pet stink remover stuff (dilute with water if you want and pour that on) and see if it helps.

Not much help on the perfume, but perhaps I've been remotely helpful on the stink stain.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Try this site:

http://www.mmucosmetics.com/en/batha...72da6e0963d3f5

Click on their "Scent Bar" to see dupes and their gazillion original creations. They also do bath and body products.

Oh geez, Gooderin. Now I've got to try this website ;D. I was going to suggest www.sudsandlight.com, too, although Michelle can be a bit grumpy sometimes. If you order from S&L, make sure you request that the package be insured! I got one package that was leaky and another one with a broken bottle. On the positive side, she has some mouth-watering confections and some outstanding dupes. My latest fetish is wearing Hot Cocoa to bed.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Also try:

http://www.gardenbotanika.com/jump.j...836&KICKER

You can create your own scents, but since you don't feel comfortable with that, you can also choose from "customer favorites." They customize bath and body products as well.