Code of Conduct

Default Perfume shopping in the Big Apple?

Headed there next week for a few days. I know about Aedes from this board and the blogs...any other suggestions? AND what would you buy there (except jasmine scents)?

Default Re: Perfume shopping in the Big Apple?

Aedes is the number one spot. The two guys who own it are awesome and they are generous with the samples. They also have a lot of niche stuff... well, it is all niche really...

I would say that Barneys, Bloomingdales and probably Saks Fifth Avenue would be safe bets. In NYC there are much bigger selections in the stores and there is some good stuff. I found the whole Frederic Malle line in Bloomies one night. There are a lot of good things there and I'm sure you could do very well in any of those stores. Go to Aedes first!!

Frederic Malle is only in Barney's. I'd skip Bloomingdales (the standard stuff) and add Bergdorf Goodman, instead. All the B's get confusing!

Go to Takashimaya on Fifth Ave. for high-end scents not available elsewhere such as DelRae. Lafco, if you're going to Aedes you're pretty close, carries the full range of Santa Maria Novella. And don't forget the Chanel boutique on 57th St. if you've never tried the three Rue Cambon scents only found there.

Quote Originally Posted by grau
    Frederic Malle is only in Barney's. *I'd skip Bloomingdales (the standard stuff) and add Bergdorf Goodman, instead. *All the B's get confusing!

Go to Takashimaya on Fifth Ave. for high-end scents not available elsewhere such as DelRae. *Lafco, if you're going to Aedes you're pretty close, carries the full range of Santa Maria Novella. *And don't forget the Chanel boutique on 57th St. if you've never tried the three Rue Cambon scents only found there.
    Yeah, I was wrong about being in Bloomies. It was Barneys that had the Malle stuff. There was an amazing selection in the downstairs of that place though. I hope you find it down there...

Stop by the Caron boutique and try their urn fragrances (parfums).

Caron Boutique
    Address: 675 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10021
    Phone: (212) 319-4888

It's not too far from Barneys, Bergdorfs, Saks Fifth Ave and Takashimaya. If you're ambitious, and your nose doesn't get too overwhelmed, you could probably hit all these in one day.

Don't miss the Caron Boutique!