Code of Conduct

Default pyramid for your perfect perfume

what are your very favorite * * * * * * * * * * * * **top
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *middle middle
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * base base base base

* notes & which ones would compose your ideal fragrance?
    * it's OK to copy down the notes of a fragrance you already think is
    perfect for you.

Default Re: pyramid for your perfect perfume

this might be too hard, sand drift. how about people just list favorite notes. i like rose. i like sandalwood. i like lilac. i like vetiver.

for a pyramid. i cheated. i looked this one up on osmoZ.com

for women: *Top notes : *Jasmin petals, Fresh Accords
    Middle notes : *Ginger, Magnolia *
    Base note : *Jasmin Sambac

it's Annick Goutal le Jasmin. really nice feminine, young fragrance

for men, *anything without lavender

Bergamot, Lime, Lemon, Mandarin
    Neroli, Pepper, Nutmeg
    Vetiver, Tobacco, Tonka

Shake well. Serve over Veronica.

This is just off the top of my head and perhaps it's why I should never be a nose . . .

Top: Jasmine, Gardenia, Rose
    Middle: Sandalwood, Moss, Cedar
    Bottom: Vanilla, Amber, Musk

Uhh . . . that looks kind of funky but whatev

Sanddrift,

These are some of my favorite notes that I like to see in a fragrance:

~Godzilla

* Mint, Pepper, Grass

* Rose, Rosewood, Liqorice

Vanilla, Civet, Saffron, *Leather
    ;D ;D ;D

Exciting question actually.

Let's see ....(I am not sure it would work in real life, but worth a shot)

Top : bergamot/neroli/orange rind/rosewood note
    Middle : real orris/carnation/hedione/frankincense/Atlas cedarwood
    bottom : isobutyl quinoline (leather)/ ambrette seeds / muscetone /labdanum/benzoin

I would prefer to point it to the direction of a floral/leathery chypre or to a soft oriental with lots of orris/cedar/musk.(depending on formula and analogy of ingredients)

Well I have no idea exactly how this works and if the notes have to have some characteristics that would allow them to "fit" and mix correctly but I guess my ideal smell would be something like that:

Top Notes: Spearmint, Strawberry, Blueberry
    Middle Notes: Washed Clothes/Laundry-Detergent-Softener, Lotus Flower, Lily of the Valley
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Milk Chocolate

Post Thanks / Like

Top: Muguet, bergamot, lavendar, pear, hyacinth
    Middle: Rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, violet, cinnamon, almond
    Base: Sandalwood, patchouli, amber, musk, vanilla

: :-? ;D :-*
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    * *Mint, Pepper, Grass

* Rose, Rosewood, Liqorice

Vanilla, Civet, Saffron, *Leather
    * ;D ;D ;D
    "liquorice" *as in ouzo or pernod? in which case ,we dub your fragrance, And A Good Time Was Had By All!

civet? really?

• topnotes:bergamot, bitter orange peel, heliotrope, rosewood,
    • heart notes:iris, narcissus, tea rose, galbanum, leather
    • base notes:sandalwood, oakmoss, tolu balm, ambergris

Post Thanks / Like

Top: galbanum, lilac, white pepper, a touch of bergamot

Mid: centiflora rose, bulgarian rose, jasmine, linden, anise

Base: sandalwood, tonka, crushed violet leaves, incense, cinnamin

I don't know if this would work, but I know I'd buy it blind to find out! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Ya gotta be kidding!??

Post Thanks / Like

Why? Is it crazy as h#@*??? LOL! I wouldn't doubt it for a minute!!!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Better?

Top: bergamot, anise

Middle: rose, jasmine,

Base: sandalwood, tonka, incense

Makes more sesne, but isn't as fun to imagine!

Well I'd like to see how this would work!

Top note : Mandarin Leaf, Hyacinth, Almond Blossom

Middle note : Queen of the Night, Rosa Damascena, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Orange Blossom

Base note : Vanilla, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Amaretto, Grey Amber, Civet

What do you think???
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good mental exercise. I want two simple scents. One light, one heavy:

Peony
    Lily
    Heliotrope

Amber
    Coffee
    Patchouli
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Ok, here goes:

Bergamot, Rose, Clove
    Sandalwood, Muguet, Patchouli (just a bit)
    Amber, Oakmoss

Also, I can't decide where to put some leather. *Perhaps in all three.

It'll probably end up smelling really awfully, which is often the case with "too much of a good thing". *

P.S. *Oh, yes, thanks for reminding me. *Peony also somewhere...
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I've got that almondy vibe going too.
    Love your choices. Maybe I'd have pear in the top note as well.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Top: Gardenia, Bitter Orange, Citrus
    Middle: Tuberose, Heliotrope, Rose
    Base: Amber, Sandalwood, Vanillla, Musk

Really fun to think throug this! Just donīt take my answer seriously,
    I am new of taking interest in ingredients of perfumes.

Itīs like poetry to read and write these wonderful ingredients!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, LīHeure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

OK, I'll have a go at this. This seems fun. Don't know if I can keep up with the rest of you but I really like what a personal question this is.

Top Notes: *mandarin blossoms, mandarin leaves, apricot kernal oil, rosewood

Heart Notes: *white rose, yellow rose, magnolia, white tea

(but the marketing guys might force me to write Thé or also add yellow thé accord* as well because no one else has it. Hey, nothing is perfect and you know those marketing guys!)

Base Notes: *hibiscus musk (I read that one today, can't resist), White (if Marc Jacobs can have PINK, I can have White!), vintage blond & precious** woods, lemon bark (I read that somewhere, too)

* made by soaking the prized first leaves of chinese tea (collected before April 15th only on the east side of the West Lake Mountain before 10 AM) mascerated in the essential oils of yellow flowers -- mimosa, jonquil and an exotic orchid.)

** because that's what I am at 35!

Post Thanks / Like

It's fun all right, and I wish I could get to sample all of your inventions!

Mandarin,Peach,Bergamot
    Rose,Violet,Neroli,Leather,Peony
    crystalline Musk, white Musk, any Musk

I guess I'm just not fancy enough :-?
    It's a bit like putting all the things you love in ONE salad ;D ;D ;D
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Why? *Is it crazy as h#@*??? * LOL! * I wouldn't doubt it for a minute!!!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Better?

Base: *sandalwood, tonka, incense

Shycat, I think our Glorious One was referring to the whole concept/project and not your pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    [quote author=Shycat link=1140574023/0#13 date=1140621169]Why? *Is it crazy as h#@*??? * LOL! * I wouldn't doubt it for a minute!!!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Better?

Base: *sandalwood, tonka, incense

Shycat, I think our Glorious One was referring to the whole concept/project and not your pyramid. * [/quote]

Lady Lone Star, you don't really mean this, do you? Maybe you brevity is leaving a wrong impression?

So many women totally had fun today with this thread, me included. And as I read your post, it makes me feel maybe a little dissed for participating in "the whole concept/project " that you think got a "You've got to be kidding" *put down. I took "our Glorious One's" post like Shycat did, a gentle joshing about Shycat's love affar with licorice. (which this Shycat seems more than able to handle judging by her often hillarious output) Glorious1 would not really mean it like that would she? *Cause that would be mean and not very Glorious*: What did Glorious1 mean, especially since she never returned which might indicate disdain, mightn't it?

Just look at a sampling of who seemed to like it:

Quarry
    Good mental exercise.
    Helg
    Exciting question actually.
    Audrey
    It's fun all right, and I wish I could get to sample all of your inventions!
    Margaretta
    Really fun to think throug this! Just donīt take my answer seriously,
    I am new of taking interest in ingredients of perfumes.

Itīs like poetry to read and write these wonderful ingredients!
    me
    OK, I'll have a go at this. This seems fun. Don't know if I can keep up with the rest of you but I really like what a personal question this is.
    Kewart
    Love your choices.
    Veronica
    Shake well. Serve over Veronica.
    Godzilla
    These are some of my favorite notes that I like to see in a fragrance:
    Pigeon Murderer
    *;D ;D ;D *
    Musse
    *: *:-? *;D * *:-*
    notice she ends on a kiss

Jae
    Looks interesting....let me see
    Did you think Shycat got hurt feelings but in your rush to help her, you are maybe accidentally insulting the feelings of all the people who have so enthusiastically joined in this thread today and thought it was great fun (Includes me. I had a blast. ) Not to mention the person who started the thread? *

Please tell me you & Glorious1 were not putting all of us down. That would make me (and probably others since you are a *moderator) feel bad *:'(

*I have not seen you put down other threads that had similar levels of interest and participation such as "What to wear with Red & Purple in Las Vegas," "Carnival Fragrance's, "Fragrances with Colors for Names", or "What to Wear to the Ballet or Ballet Shows?" or "Edie Sedgwick" or other threads which seem as valid as this one.

perplexedly,

Cecca

Looks interesting....let me see

lemon & lemon blossom
    green tea - cardamom - cinnamon
    sandlewood - incense - nutmeg - oakmoss

Post Thanks / Like

[/quote]
    Shycat, I think our Glorious One was referring to the whole concept/project and not your pyramid. [/quote]

Oh, I see! It was just a shoe-fittin' Cinderella moment for me! ;D

Ladylonestar

CeccaSF, you can relax. I'm not putting anyone down, and I'm not putting this thread down either. When I found some free time, I had planned to respond to it myself. I suggest that we let the thread move along and if you have an issue with me, then please use my mailbox. Thank you.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by CeccaSF
    Did you think Shycat got hurt feelings but in your rush to help her, you are maybe accidentally insulting the feelings of all the people who have so enthusiastically joined in this thread today and thought it was great fun (Includes me. I had a blast. ) Not to mention the person who started the thread? *

Please tell me you & Glorious1 were not putting all of us down. That would make me (and probably others since you are a *moderator) feel bad *:'(

*I have not seen you put down other threads that had similar levels of interest and participation such as "What to wear with Red & Purple in Las Vegas," *"Carnival Fragrance's, "Fragrances with Colors for Names", *or "What to Wear to the Ballet or Ballet Shows?" or "Edie Sedgwick" or other threads which seem as valid as this one.
    In the words of Kang and Kodos, Holy flurping shnit! Looking at your post count, it seems you might not be too familiar with LadyL. She may be a moderator, but she's no harsh schoolmarm or anything. It was a harmless, offhand remark; it was more than obvious she was not putting the board down. Seriously, one little sentence did not merit your clipping around a dozen or more quotes.

But what's more significant, you have actually gone and insulted the person who has been essentially the backbone of this board as other people have come and gone according to their whims (including myself). Her participation may not be so great in the idle chatter, but that's because she actually has work to do on this board - unpaid work that doesn't get much recognition from what seems to be the increasingly ungrateful masses. If there has been one person whose participation has made it possible for you to have a women's board for you to post on, it's LadyL., so your ill-informed, ignorant remark not only deserves a retraction but an apology.

WTF???????????????????? *

Gee. *All I meant was my little brain wasn't up to thinking of a big ol Pyramid!! *Ya'll don't know me well enough. *I'm kind of a one liner! :-/

CeccaSF
    Lady Lone Star, you don't really mean this, do you? Maybe you brevity is leaving a wrong impression? ...
    Please tell me you & Glorious1 were not putting all of us down. That would make me (and probably others since you are a *moderator) feel bad

In the words of Kang and Kodos, Holy flurping shnit!... it was more than obvious she was not putting the board down...

But what's more significant, you have actually gone and insulted the person who has been essentially the backbone of this board ....so your ill-informed, ignorant remark not only deserves a retraction but an apology.
    My Goodness! *I just wanted to start something fun, not a fracas (forgive the pun.) Is it possible it was not more than obvious to CeccaSF? I would imagine it is.

I am new and have a low post count, too, but I am good at people (my profession depends on it.) It seems to me that CeccaSF meant no harm. It's a very gallant impulse to defend Lady Lone Star, but *I think Lady LS had already dealt with it most expertly and graciously as befits an experienced and good moderator. *

I think it is the format of writing (where people are deprived of other signs to read for intention and meaning) that leads to misinterpretation and hotter feelings than really need to be. Surely we can all allow for the confusion that arises from this and be a bit more gentle and civil to one another, especially new members who are feeling things out?

As a new member myself (as many of the posters on all threads on both the Male and female forums seem to be), I am undoubtedly missing certain nuances, but I sense no insult, or ignorant remark in CeccaSF's post.

It seems a straightforward, heartfelt and politely worded enquiry about something that honestly bothered this woman. *Why it bothered her so strongly, I cannot say. But I don't see anything worth judging her about in that or that she needs to be whomped. *Live and let live & different strokes for different folks, you know?

To tell the truth I was kind of puzzling over what might have been meant myself and was very happy to see Lady Lone Star clarify matters. Thank You, Lady LS.

Lady Lone Star
    I'm not putting anyone down, and I'm not putting this thread down either. *When I found some free time, I had planned to respond to it myself.
    I look forward to the pleasure of reading Lady Lone Star's fragrance pyramid(s) and I hope she can find the time.....With her experience, I am sure she has a range and not just one! I am sure I can learn a great deal.

Peace everyone!

Sandy

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by sanddrift
    To tell the truth I was kind of puzzling over what might have been meant myself and was very happy to see Lady Lone Star clarify matters. Thank You, Lady LS.
    I don't think I did clarify anything. *I certainly didn't intend to. *I don't intend to now.

I believe this thread has a theme and a purpose and I believe that theme is "pyramid for your perfect perfume" and its purpose is for the discussion of same. *So this will serve as warning to get back on topic. *Otherwise, any non-topic posts will be deleted and/or the thread will be locked. *Please refer to the Basenotes rules. *If you wish to discuss it further, PM me. *Thank you.

God, this is fun. Can I also add my pyramid?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Petitgrain, Grass, Violet, Narcissus
    * * * * * * *Carnation, Lavender, Iris, Stargazer Lily, Ylang-ylang, Pepper, Frankincense, Opopanax,
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Benzoin, Leather, Civet, Musk, Vanilla, Ambergris, Sandalwood

I have no idea what it will smell like......like a floriental explosion, maybe~ :-?
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

I am totaly sucked into this game, thanks ol' drift! .....

can I enter one for someone else?

while doing a post for the male forum, i came across the very pun-ily named Cumming: the Fragrance

i understand it that this is scottish actor alan cumming's perfect pyramid and that he worked hand in glove with christopher brossius of demeter and cb i hate perfume to combine his most beloved scents and an hommage to scotland to boot.

here it is.

Top:Bergamot, Black Pepper, Scotch Pine, Whiskey
    Middle: Cigar, Heather, Douglas Fir, Rubber, Leather
    Bottom: Highland Mud, Burnt Rubber, Peat Fire, White Truffle.

LOL!

anyone try this stuff yet?
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...l?brandId=5793

maybe i can get up enough courage to enter my own next time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiesbaby

while doing a post for the male forum, i came across the very pun-ily named Cumming: the Fragrance

i understand it that this is scottish actor alan cumming's perfect pyramid and that he worked hand in glove with christopher brossius of demeter and cb i hate perfume to combine his most beloved scents and an hommage to scotland to boot.

here it is.

LOL!

LOL!!! I especiallly like that 'rubber' is used twice in cumming!!

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=baiesbaby link=1140574023/30#31 date=1140717479]

here it is.

LOL!

LOL!!! I especiallly like that 'rubber' is used twice in cumming!!
    [/quote]

I've tried Cumming and it's very hard to describe if you haven't tried it yourself. It definitely starts out with some whiskey and possibly some leather and the the two rubbers come out and the cigar definitely comes out at the end.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

[quote author=baiesbaby link=1140574023/30#31 date=1140717479]

here it is.

LOL!

LOL!!! * I especiallly like that 'rubber' is used twice in cumming!!
    [/quote]

Shycat! You are too much, girl! I would have missed that delicious tidbit were it not for your keen observational skills and wit.

AZsmells
    I've tried Cumming and it's very hard to describe if you haven't tried it yourself. *It definitely starts out with some whiskey and possibly some leather and the the two rubbers come out and the cigar definitely comes out at the end.

now AZ, is that nice making a reference to Monica Lewinsky after all these years and just because she is dating Alan? can't the woman have any peace? ;D ;D

*OK, I've has sport enough... it's time to take this seriously.

top: *bois de bouleau, bigarade, *incense, cistus labdanum
    middle: ylang-ylang, orris, peony, iris, plum blossom, cardamom
    base: haitian vetiver, suede leather notes, amber, vintage inodnesian patchouli, palissander

and you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out........

as veronica says: *well shaken and served over bb!

Quote Originally Posted by baiesbaby
    *OK, I've has sport enough... it's time to take this seriously.

top: *bois de bouleau, bigarade, *incense, cistus labdanum
    middle: ylang-ylang, orris, peony, iris, plum blossom, cardamom
    base: haitian vetiver, suede leather notes, amber, vintage inodnesian patchouli, palissander

and you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out........

as veronica says: *well shaken and served over bb!

ol' bb, you goof! is there really any such thing as bois de bouleau or is that another of you puns? And do you even know what cistus labdanum is, chap?

Fi, I suspect you are a charleton, sir! But a charming one :-*

Top note : *bergamot, green note , green apple, fruite defendu
    Middle note : *jasmine, cedarwood, sandalwood *

Base note : *leather, amber, musk, vanilla *

hows this. I will call it "fruite defendu a la bulgari " based on the bulgari homme pyramid.

a snake told me to add the apple & forbidden fruit, but then snakes speak with forked tongues, right?

Oh gosh, I'ld have two!

One for daytime wear and one for evening/romantic wear.

Daytime/casual:

Top notes: Banana cream, Mango, Sugar
    Middle notes: Apple, Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit
    Base notes: Banana Leaf, Honey,

Evening/Romantic:

Topnotes: Raspberry, Blackberry
    Middle notes: Apple, Red Grapes
    Base notes: Vanilla, Musk, Honey

Everything will consist of fruit and sugar!

No wait, I'ld have 3.

top notes: milk chocolate, mocha
    middle notes: honey, caramel, musk
    Base notes: Coffee beans, Tonka beans, Vanilla

:P ;D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Top Notes: Vetever, Neroli, White Musc
    Middle Notes: Musc, Cedarwood, leather
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Chocolate, Vanilla, Amber

Is it possible to change so subtly??

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiza Hippie
    No wait, I'ld have 3.

:P * *;D
    After spraying it, you only need to bath in some foamy whipped cream and then let's what happens... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    [quote author=Ibiza Hippie link=1140574023/30#40 date=1141913166]No wait, I'ld have 3.

:P * *;D
    After spraying it, you only need to bath in some foamy whipped cream and then let's see what happens... * ;D[/quote]

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops - wrong place. How did I do that?

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite top and heart note is narcissus/daffodil. I am a gardener and I don't really know which came first: love of perfume or love of gardening/gardens. I grow narcissus and it is captivating in the garden. Very subtle and ethereal. That is what I smell in Vol de Nuit.

Some carnation in the heart.

The question is about pyramid. Let me see... I love a bit of musk at the base and perhaps some tonka. Throw in some sandal and oakmoss.

Okay.

Top: narcissus
    heart: narcissus, carnation, touch of grapefruit
    Base: sandal, musk, tonka, oakmoss

I wonder if this combination exists?

Krysia