Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari line....what am I smelling???

I am so impressed by Bvlgari! I am very into most of the Bvlgari fragrances. Some I don't want to wear, but I find them all pretty. I like the fact that they aren't overpowering and linger close to the skin. I bought Bvlgari pour femme, and that is my all time favorite so far. I went back to the store to try out Bvlgari Crystalline and Omnia. I think these are pretty but I'm not sure how I feel about these on me though.

This may sound weird...but I can totally smell pee in Omnia! : When I sniffed the bottle in the store, that's what I detected. I took a sample home to figure out what it was all about. It's quite a neat fragrance as it drys down, but I am still smelling pee. :P Obviously this is just a new note that I have never smelt before....but to me, all I smell is pee. What on earth am I really smelling?

The Crystalline is neat also...I smell citrus in it. The perfume store I go to has tiny bottles of both these fragrances right now for $30.00. My goal is to build a fragrance wardrobe, so I might just get a tiny bottle to add to my collection, since I adore Bvlgar. Not sure about the Omnia. If the pee smell goes away, I could be convinced to give it a whirl.

Default Re: Bvlgari line....what am I smelling???

Well in my opinion, pee smells accordingly to what you have eaten so it is not a very standrad smell. The only thing that is kind of rare in Omnia is some spices that are there and that when eaten would probably affect the smell of your pee. Is it Cardamon perhaps? Saffron?

I too love the Bvlgari line. I started looking for a fragrance with tea as an ingredient and that house came up. Come to think of it, I wonder if the note you mentioned could possibly be tea? Anyway, it has several threads on the male fragrance discussion as well, you've probably seen. Pour Homme is most likely going to be my next purchase.

I also liked Crystalline but I thought it was too weak and original Omnia smelled unisex to me.

Bvlgari perfumes do go on fairly light. I both like, and dislike this at times. I enjoy a perfume that is not overwhelming, and is soft. I love Bvlgari SO much though, I wish it were a little stronger so other people can really notice it!

I have a question about Bvlgari pour femme. I was wondering how long it takes to reach the base notes on peoples skin. When I first spray it on, it smells very fresh and light. Infact, on me it smells so fresh, it's a bit like water. I can't smell that much at first, and it feels like I didn't put enough on. The suttle warm sensual stuff is barely detectable. After about 10 minutes or so, the fragrance changes to something that I just can't get enough of. I keeps getting better and better as time goes by. At the end of the day, I think I smell just fabulous. I LOVE THIS PERFUME!

To me Bulgari Omnia is their best feminine scent, at least it's the most original with its slight gourmand appeal, while the others are a bit boring. Same thoughts about the pretty Bulgari Black and the rest of masculine scents.

Bvlgari Omnia is certainly captivating, but I can't get over the strange "pee" scent that I am detecting. Maybe it is just the tea smell, but I don't think I personally could wear this fragrance. I love it's originality though! Maybe it will smell great on someone else who I run into one day, so I can have a chance to really appreciate it.

could it just be the acidic quality of the grapefruit? the only grapefruit scent I have is a 5ml decant of guerlain's aqua allegoria pamplelune and it has what i suppose some could consider a "pee" quality to it (others have described it as sulfuric or what have you)

it's probably that ginger and cardamom combination in Omnia, glad they have some white chocolate with those pee notes! gladly, I don't see it smelling as pee thank goodness.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!